New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I keep forgetting that not every member on the forum is aware of my occasional inappropriate humor. My apologizes to anyone that went diving underwater with their V10F. 

Well I did think about writing a post saying I tried it in the bathtub after reading your post and was then devastated to find that it didn't work for me, but didn't want to give you a scare ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Those that have been around long enough may recall that this wouldn't be the first wheel that @Rehab1 tried submerging.   :shock2:

Hey that was my neighbor that backed my truck into the lake and forgot where the truck’s brake pedal was located. It was also my wife’s wheel so technically none of my wheels have ever been submerged.  :P

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Though the insurance company may question how a second truck got backed into the lake...   :blink1:

I’m sure they would question again. I had to take a photo of all gear that was lost and submit it. 

42950569880_9e136f1969_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hey that was my neighbor that backed my truck into the lake and forgot where the truck’s brake pedal was located. It was also my wife’s wheel so technically none of my wheels have ever been submerged.  :P

I’m sure they would question again. I had to take a photo of all gear that was lost and submit it. 

42950569880_9e136f1969_b.jpg

Just get a big bag of rice 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Just get a big bag of rice 

Trust me I bought 5 large bags of rice but not one electronic device responded favorably after being smothered in the stuff for 3 days. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Did you get the right rice?  White or brown rice or whole-wheat or gluten free?  LOL

Not sure but I felt bad using fine rice to soak up moisture. 

44052397534_50bcccff4e_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remove batteries as soon as possible or not sooner. Empty out all water from the device by opening it and dismantling as much as possible and blow air through it to get all the liquid out. Then put in in a bag of dry rice. Wait several days. Remove and clean. Reassemble and apply power with your fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, quixfz said:

without a working hall sensor this wouldn't be possible

you think right but real world would conquer this. I saw a couple of occasions with exactly same behavior. Steady state is the result of  2 of 3 halls are not faulty and when the phase is changed - faulty sensor affects phase.

Edited by WaveCut

9 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Remove batteries as soon as possible or not sooner. Empty out all water from the device by opening it and dismantling as much as possible and blow air through it to get all the liquid out. Then put in in a bag of dry rice. Wait several days. Remove and clean. Reassemble and apply power with your fingers crossed. 

A submerged Wheel will have a damaged Motor...no Rice in the world will heal that :-) 

Water will get through the bearing and that will rust the complete Motor....15 second submerged ACM Motor:

gVKwS5f.jpg

After complete maintenance:

kHigX2P.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, US69 said:

A submerged Wheel will have a damaged Motor...no Rice in the world will heal that :-) 

Water will get through the bearing and that will rust the complete Motor....15 second submerged ACM Motor:

gVKwS5f.jpg

After complete maintenance:

kHigX2P.jpg

Ok, I should have specified electronic items but if got the motor apart faster, you might have avoided the corrosion. 

Nice set of tools. 

Edited by Harold Farrenkopf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys,

after my very bad experience with InMotion, I am looking for a replacement EUC. Since there are a lot of experienced people on this forum, is there a recent model that you will recommend over the others?

My initial thought goes for the M-SuperX, or eventually KS-18L. I removed the Z10 even if the build quality looks better then competition, because, out of its look, it is not as good based on the feedback I can find on the net.

Thanks!

Edited by Fastmike

@Fastmike:

Only riding the wheels will help you anyway. The V10F have got quite a few issues. The question is: Do you have them all?

For me f.i. - I'll never had a overheat problem. Riding on flat terrain on higher speeds - fantastic. 

Buying a KS - you will have really annoying noise of the motor. Therefore I'm much better off with the V10F.

Keep this in mind - and good progress in buying an adequate wheel :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

@Fastmike:

Only riding the wheels will help you anyway. The V10F have got quite a few issues. The question is: Do you have them all?

Keep this in mind - and good progress in buying an adequate wheel :)

Since my V10F burnt into flames, I have for sure no more problem with it... :(  and what followed up ensure that I will never ever go back again to this brand.

Thanks for your advices! Appreciated. You are right, I forgot to take in count the high pitch noise very common on some brands...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

My initial thought goes for the M-SuperX, or eventually KS-18L. I removed the Z10 even if the build quality looks better then competition, because, out of its look, it is not as good based on the feedback I can find on the net.

Not sure if this is the right thread :efefb6a84e: for that question, I still love my V10f and I am not sure to change it , time will tell... 

I agree with you , I am exactly at the same stage as you are , however I did make a choice... and I am going for the KS18L, the Z10 is an awesome machine but not that allrounder from what I understand.. the weight and more wide stand is not helping either in my search..

The KS18L has besides the issues we saw on the earlier batches the better build over the MSX , if you see the different video's and remarks from several other people then I think for me (subjective) the 18L is the better choice.. I'll get one tomorrow..

good luck with your quest ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fastmike said:

Since my V10F burnt into flames, I have for sure no more problem with it... :(  and what followed up ensure that I will never ever go back again to this brand.

Oh dear me - I didn't know that!  How many km did you ride?

I can understand your decision. Good luck - and better experience!

• Like 1

Moin (which means hallo),

can anybody tell me, how I can get a log out of my V10 F? This morning, I got a backward tilt -> stopp. Normally, if the red LED starts flashing, I get roughly 10 km rest distance. Today - after 2 km finished! So presumably that could also be a overheat problem, which I didn't have so far.

4 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Thanks for your advices! Appreciated. You are right, I forgot to take in count the high pitch noise very common on some brands...

:laughbounce2:   Sorry, couldn't help laugh at your response to @MBIKER_SURFER

4 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Guys,

after my very bad experience with InMotion, I am looking for a replacement EUC. Since there are a lot of experienced people on this forum, is there a recent model that you will recommend over the others?

Thanks!

Have you considered the Tesla? The form factor is very similar to the V10F, same approximate battery, etc. Yet a much faster wheel with a better trolley handle.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2:   Sorry, couldn't help laugh at your response to @MBIKER_SURFER

:D 

Have you considered the Tesla? The form factor is very similar to the V10F, same approximate battery, etc. Yet a must faster wheel with a better trolley handle.

Actually you are right! Might be a potential candidate that I need to look at and add to my list. Thanks Marty!

Will you choose it over the KS18L if you have to choose between those two?

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Unfortunately my wife’s KS14C remained underwater for an hour. I then encased it in rice for 3 days. The rusty water depicted on the floor came from the KS motor after it was disassembled 5 months later. In my case no amount of rice would have absorbed the moisture content trapped inside the housing. 

My situation was unusual. Applying your method if a wheel was submerged for only a few minutes would probably save a wheel. 

30933378488_4df83569e8_b.jpg43894593855_c60302afd9_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

:D 

Actually you are right! Might be a potential candidate that I need to look at and add to my list. Thanks Marty!

Will you choose it over the KS18L if you have to choose between those two?

Apples and oranges. The KS18L does not compete against 16-inch wheels.

I only suggested the Tesla because it's a 16-inch wheel so it competes in the ACM2/KS16S/V10F category.

Given that the 18L and Tesla have the same battery capacity, I would buy the Tesla because it's a smaller, more agile wheel. And certainly faster with higher acceleration. Also, the Telsa has a quieter motor than KingSong (KingSong is falling behind in that all of their wheels are louder than the competition). The Tesla is a very smooth running wheel with great handling characteristics. Finally, the Tesla pedals hava a higher dihedral angle and therefore feel much higher than the competition.

• Like 3

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Apples and oranges. The KS18L does not compete against 16-inch wheels.

I only suggested the Tesla because it's a 16-inch wheel so it competes in the ACM2/KS16S/V10F category.

Given that the 18L and Tesla have the same battery capacity, I would buy the Tesla because it's a smaller, more agile wheel. And certainly faster with higher acceleration. Also, the Telsa has a quieter motor than KingSong (KingSong is falling behind in that all of their wheels are louder than the competition). The Tesla is a very smooth running wheel with great handling characteristics. Finally, the Tesla pedals hava a higher dihedral angle and therefore feel much higher than the competition.

Very informative feedback! Many thanks Marty! :thumbup:

• Like 1