New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I could tell, that's one mean hill - and so smooth too. Unfortunately all the steep trail hills that I get to ride are bumpy as hell.

27°C outside temp? Looking at your clothes, it looks really less than that....   ???  but that is really good news proving that IM is working in the right direction!

Edited by Fastmike

17 minutes ago, Demargon said:

V10F stress test in rocky mountain. First part in a soft asphalt next to a path filled of all kind of rocks.

500m of ascend in 5km, 15 minutes. The video last until I get a flat tire, was a nice walk to the road.

The failings are due I'm taking a hard time trying to manage the the rough terrain, the EUC didn't get overheated , only many scratches ?

Nice! It looks like you might weigh 63kg? I'm concerned with rider weight of about 88kg causing overload.

17 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

Nice! It looks like you might weigh 63kg? I'm concerned with rider weight of about 88kg causing overload.

Based on our test yesterday you probably will not have any trouble. I can see that there are some mountains close to Seattle. Do you want to ride them? 

Difficult to say if your weight is too much for mountains and what kind of improvements InMotion is making. They seem to be working on it. 

20 minutes ago, dw8928 said:

Nice! It looks like you might weigh 63kg?

Thanks. I hope that´s true, but I don't weight myself long time ago. Normally I need a lot of work to get over 60 kg.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Me, @Porkeman and @mrelwood were riding today and run into one of the biggest and steepest hills around here. We first tested on our own wheels and then @mrelwood (95 kg / 210 lbs + gear) tried to get my V10F to overheat. It didn't. Latest firmware and comfort mode. 

If this hill cannot get it to overheat then somebody of his weight would likely never run into this problem. This wasn't filmed all the way from the bottom, it's a good size hill. Probably not long enough to overheat it, though. It took about 1 minute to go up. This is in no way scientific test and only one anecdote. We didn't stay and test its limits. Both wheels did well. 

I think this is just to point out that this overheating thing is not a big problem unless you are heavy and riding LONG and steep hills. Most people riding normal roads should not worry. 

Accuweather shows temp between 20-24C for July 22 and 20-23 for July 21 in Helsinki. When did you run that test? At those relatively low temps for summer, it should not overheat...

Edited by Fastmike

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

Accuweather shows temp between 20-24C for July 22 and 20-23 for July 21 in Helsinki. When did you run that test? At those relatively low temps for summer, it should not overheat...

I don’t know where Accuweather gets its data, but our thermometers and the Finnish Meteorological Station had shown afternoon temperatures of 26-29•C for about a week.

Regarding my clothing, it doesn’t represent the weather in the slightest. I don’t heal well due to a medical condition so I wear full protection whenever I ride. And I ride a new Gotway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t know where Accuweather gets its data, but our thermometers and the Finnish Meteorological Station had shown afternoon temperatures of 26-29•C for about a week.

Regarding my clothing, it doesn’t represent the weather in the slightest. I don’t heal well due to a medical condition so I wear full protection whenever I ride. And I ride a new Gotway...

Thanks for the confirmation. It is important since a couple of degrees difference will significantly impact the test results ?

34 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Thanks for the confirmation. It is important since a couple of degrees difference will significantly impact the test results ?

Sorry, I thought the outside temperature of 27°C was mentioned. But I think you are right. As most wheels overheat at 80°C, it doesn't matter an awful lot whether it's 24°C or 30°C outside.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, 
In the Russian community, people who updated from version 1.1.x at 2.2.8 noticed, that in the Classic mode V10F consumes 20-30% more battery than previously, mileage on one charge was reduced significantly. Also, those who like to ride 35+ km/h noticed that now the tiltback starts at 36-37 km/h, so it is no longer possible to go either that 40 km/h as before, but even 38 km/h.
In Comfort mode, battery consumption is not so significant, but the tiltback starts even earlier.
@Bobwheel , could we ask to reconfigure the tiltback settings? otherwise the EUC can not ride with the declared speed. And also battery consumtion in Classic mode also is not good news for V10F owners. 

UPD: And one more problem, Android App now has very bad connection, some times it takes about 15 and more tries to get connected to wheel.

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, palachzzz said:

Hi guys, 
In the Russian community, people who updated from version 1.1.x at 2.2.8 noticed, that in the Classic mode V10F consumes 20-30% more battery than previously, mileage on one charge was reduced significantly. Also, those who like to ride 35+ km/h noticed that now the tiltback starts at 36-37 km/h, so it is no longer possible to go either that 40 km/h as before, but even 38 km/h.
In Comfort mode, battery consumption is not so significant, but the tiltback starts even earlier.
@Bobwheel , could we ask to reconfigure the tiltback settings? otherwise the EUC can not ride with the declared speed. And also battery consumtion in Classic mode also is not happy news for V10F owners. 

Interesting. I thought this version was tested and good to go. This was a problem with 2.2.6. 

I have used DarknessBot app to increase the top speed to 45 km/h and have not tested the max speed without it. I would recommend you do the same. It works well. (plus get rid of the alarm sound in the sound settings)

I think comfort mode is better. I have not noticed decrease in range but I have not been paying attention to it too much. Luckily the app shows consumption pretty well. It's possible to do two controlled laps and compare. 

8 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting. I thought this version was tested and good to go. This was a problem with 2.2.6. 

I have used DarknessBot app to increase the top speed to 45 km/h and have not tested the max speed without it. I would recommend you do the same. It works well. (plus get rid of the alarm sound in the sound settings)

I think comfort mode is better. I have not noticed decrease in range but I have not been paying attention to it too much. Luckily the app shows consumption pretty well. It's possible to do two controlled laps and compare. 

Yes, he unlocked speed to 45 km/h using WheelLog, and it works well on 1.1.x, he rode 43 km/h with unlock. But in 2.2.8 it does not give anything at all, I mean unlocking to 45 km/h.

Significant battery consumtion is noticed only in Classic mode, and not all people like Comfort mode. 

Edited by palachzzz

24 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

and not all people like Comfort mode. 

Comfort mode is the V8 feel, so not sure why an InMotion rider would not like it. Comfort Mode is Marvelous! I have reached 41km/h in Comfort mode, so not sure why you would have less speed in Comfort mode. I have only used the InMotion app, since my Wheellog app wont show speed on my V10F when connected. I havent tried the Darknessbot app yet.

I think you should retest your results using the InMotion app since your results are too contrary to your own observations. The tiltback on the Comfort mode only starts at 40km/h, but in Classic mode it will start at 35-37 km/h and it is less robust going over bumps in Classic mode too.

There is no decrease in range using Comfort mode for me. If anything the new 2.28 firmware has increased range in Comfort mode. The only problems with the new firmware is the overload warnings, and those wont happen if you stay on level ground and only ride moderate hills. I am a V8 owner so I know what the vehicle should be capable of, having ridden my V8 for 2300 miles in a year over the same trails that have gotten my V10F to fail.

The latest Firmware seems to have made the V10F more useful and faster in Comfort Mode, but much less capable in Classic mode. It is good, but nowhere near the usefulness of the V8 across all riding terrain. The V10F is only better when traversing potholes or roots in the road. Here is where this vehicle shines, and unfortunately aside from it being faster, is the only area that it is an improvement over the V8. The v8 has the same range if you carry an extra battery and it is faster to recharge a battery for another ride. I will retest my V10F using DarknessBot next weekend when I compare the V10F to the KS18L .

It does not please me AT ALL to write this, but it is my experience with the V10F in over 1000kms of riding.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dw8928 said:

I would love to try and ride, but I am totally new to EUCs. Though I have ridden an electric skateboard extensively.

You should have very little trouble converting that skateboad balance to the EUC. In fact if you are a motorcyclist too, it will be even easier to get the hang of the EUC. May take you about 3 days before you are comfortable with your skill to go on roads, but you will want to take it out to parks and trails like the ones around the University there.

Find another rider in Seattle and ask to ride one. Put a posting in the Local meet up section of the forum and see for yourself. You may just get it within minutes. I have trained several people and some just get it, having ridden other types of balance transportations.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1

Palachzzz is right. In 2.2.8 tiltaback starts 5 km/h before preset max speed, so now if you unlock it with DarknessBot to 45 km/h you can actually ride it at about 40 km/h. If you want to push it closer to 45 km/h it becomes very hard and unsafe because you are leaning forward while pedals are tilted way back.

Edited by Rok Tomažin
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Palachzzz is right. In 2.2.8 tiltaback starts 5 km/h before preset max speed, so now if you unlock it with DarknessBot to 45 km/h you can actually ride it at about 40 km/h. If you want to push it closer to 45 km/h it becomes very hard and unsafe because you are leaning forward while pedals are tilted way back.

So now official V10 max speed is down to 35kmh??? I thought some people using 2.2.8 and IM app were now able to reach 42kmh... I am lost! :w00t2:

Edited by Fastmike
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

II think comfort mode is better. I have not noticed decrease in range but I have not been paying attention to it too much. Luckily the app shows consumption pretty well. It's possible to do two controlled laps and compare. 

The inmotion app for showing the battery status is unusable. It shows up on constant riding f.i. 30% - if you are accelaerating it goes down to 4%. So what is the status of the battery?

Always worrying about walking - not riding anymore. On the V5F the % display is fine - same app!

There is a slight 1-2 degree tiltback before max speed. Just to warn you. Then a stronger tiltback at max speed. You can ride the first tiltback further. I hope people are not mixing these. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I havent noticed two tiltbacks. Tiltback on mine is linear and starts 5 km/h before. You can actually push it 2 km/h more but then it becomes dangerous or atleast very uncomfortable for longer periods. At the end you are standing on your toes.

To be honest I simply love this feature. Rides has become awesome now when I turned off that annoying speed alarm which was beeping on me constantly without a warning!!! Now when slight tiltback appears I know I’m driving 37 km/h in compleete silence. Simply awesome ??

Edited by Rok Tomažin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

The inmotion app for showing the battery status is unusable. It shows up on constant riding f.i. 30% - if you are accelaerating it goes down to 4%. So what is the status of the battery?

Always worrying about walking - not riding anymore. On the V5F the % display is fine - same app!

Percents calculated by App from voltage. V5F, V8 and other previous wheels have compensation of voltage using current and maybe something else (calculates in wheel controller), and also Voltage refreshes once at 10 sec at this wheels. In V10 no any compensation of voltage (but now it is possible to calculate power properly by App, because it knows real battery voltage, not compensated). So real status of battery of V10 you can get when you stop and get power=0.

46 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Percents calculated by App from voltage. V5F, V8 and other previous wheels have compensation of voltage using current and maybe something else (calculates in wheel controller), and also Voltage refreshes once at 10 sec at this wheels. In V10 no any compensation of voltage (but now it is possible to calculate power properly by App, because it knows real battery voltage, not compensated). So real status of battery of V10 you can get when you stop and get power=0.

That might be true - but annoying, if I had to stop to get the real battery status. 

7 hours ago, palachzzz said:

And one more problem, Android App now has very bad connection, some times it takes about 15 and more tries to get connected to wheel

try using wheellog and inmotion apps at the same time. It works very well for me.

I back today to the place were I get the flat yesterday and overpass it without problems. I don't know if the 48kmh top speed was in a jump or riding it downhill, I taped the speakers due the danger of being discovered in the Spanish dictator pantheon without the authorities permission.

https://www.wikiloc.com/outdoor-trails/ruta-cuerda-corta-26874161

Of course my nearly 0kg weight isn't enough for overheat the V10F also in this near to apocalyptic situation

Yesterday video when I get the flat in the beginning of the second red marked path:

ruta cuerda corta.jpg

iMapp.jpg

Ruta cuerda corta.kmz

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1