Women asking more questions?

Circuitmage

Just speaking for myself, I have now noticed that more women ask questions about my EUC than men do . Even if there is a guy right next to them, they are the first ones to speak up and ask questions usually.

Anyone else notice this? :) 

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe that lady bus driver was trying to give you a little "love tap" to get you to hunt her down.  Women work in mysterious ways!  :innocent1:

:P Every time I see a city bus go by I give it the evil eye.  In all seriousness, EUCs are great conversation openers for meeting women.  I notice the glances I get are similar to when I would ride my sport bike. 

The MSuper gets far more young women hitting on me whereas the KS16 basically looks and acts like a children's toy. MSuper is serious and industrial looking, and definitely looks the part of a true transportation device. 

All you pansies with the KS14/16 with the wheeee lights need to get yourself a real wheel. 

On the other hand the KS18 looks a bit too big and serious. 

I can only compare the reactions to GT16 vs MCM4. GT16 clearly wins, with almost only WOW reactions. I think the level of interest from both sexes is similar in my case, but questions are different. Guys typically ask how fast/far can it go and how much it costs. Girls ask how heavy it is and if it's difficult to learn. 

I don't know about male/female differences.....BUT:

the difference in attention I get from my old IPS Lhotz compared to V5f+ is HUGE. With my IPS, I would get asked about it 'occasionally' when I took it to the park (I only wheel in the park, no commuting).

With the Inmotion, I get stopped and asked EVERY time I take it out. I've never not been stopped during any one day. Especially when I'm 'walking' it with the handle. I get more looks/questions when I'm walking it that when I'm riding it.

Must be the lights. The KS16S gets a lot more attention than my Inmotion V3 did. I think people are impressed by the speed and sleek design.

I even had a truck pull up next to me and keep driving while I was going down the sidewalk at 20mph a couple days ago. They were asking me questions and stuff while driving next to me!

It's always the same questions though;

1) What is that?

2) How do you ride that thing?

3) How much is it? (most frequent question by itself)

(and sometimes ) How fast does it go? and/or Does it have a battery?

I am only impressed by the "How fast does it go?" questions, as it shows actual interest in riding it.

I still get asked questions almost everytime I take it out.

Now, I'm starting to change up my responses. Yesterday I told a gal that asked me "How do you ride it?" that I have a super power that allows me to stay on it. :)

She wasn't impressed. :(

On 30/11/2017 at 3:28 PM, Circuitmage said:

Just speaking for myself, I have now noticed that more women ask questions about my EUC than men do . Even if there is a guy right next to them, they are the first ones to speak up and ask questions usually.

Anyone else notice this? :) 

I’ve found even my boring old KS-14C is a real “babe magnet” when I ride it in the local park.

Unfortunately all the “babes” that stop me to ask about it are well over 60 - and that’s getting on a bit - even for me ☹️

Young children also frantically try to get their mum’s attention and point like mad. 

Nearly everyone else between those two extremes seems to hardly notice me.

I think the place and development in the city make all the difference. Back in my country, I was mostly questioned for the first months (girls asked more but guys showed more interest when asking, girls say just how cools is that guys say this is a thing that I should try), then I guess it became the norm. In Shenzhen as a first-tier city in China, only small children point at my yellow i5, the rest is an everyday thing to see and EUC. In Hainan its a completely different story. I only saw once a nine bot mini around and every time I am around people look much more into it. Just soon after getting off the train, they a security asked me how to break but in general, I see all kinds of people to look at it here. I'm not sure if I had to get to Sanya I would get the same reaction (where the higher class people I think they go)

Maybe a dog on a leash and an EUC attract more of the opposite gender :P I will try with my sister's in law dog someday and let you know HAHA

On 12/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, IPS Malta said:

Maybe a dog on a leash and an EUC attract more of the opposite gender :P I will try with my sister's in law dog someday and let you know HAHA

So, be carely, hopefully a dog less than 50 lbs. My dog pulled me off last month and my knee is still recovering. I have given up walking (running) her on it, as it is not really safe for me or her. Maybe if she was just a bit smaller, but she is a big dog.

If I was single, the EUC would open up another venue for meeting women...."Hey baby, want me to teach you to ride this thing? And then I can let you ride my EUC!" :)

15 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

So, be carely, hopefully a dog less than 50 lbs. My dog pulled me off last month and my knee is still recovering. I have given up walking (running) her on it, as it is not really safe for me or her. Maybe if she was just a bit smaller, but she is a big dog.

If I was single, the EUC would open up another venue for meeting women...."Hey baby, want me to teach you to ride this thing? And then I can let you ride my EUC!" :)

yes, this one is a small one, barely capable of pulling a chair at home. But I will do it just for the sake of the 'experiment' though I have to figure as here still many look at the EUC, and I can't believe here is part of China and still has so much wow factor

• 7 months later...
36 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Are you gay?

Maybe women just think I'm cuter than you.

99.9 percent women for me.

.01 percent snotty nosed kids. :)

Usually the dudes who feel compelled to post stuff like this on the internet are ladies men in real life.  /s

lol

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Usually the dudes who feel compelled to post stuff like this on the internet are ladies men in real life.  /s

lol

Or trolls - who should just be ignored. Especially ones who keep bumping old dead threads.

4 hours ago, The Wizard said:

99.9 percent women for me.

.01 percent snotty nosed kids.

Dammit. Had to read this thread from the beginning to put this quote in context...

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to revive this thread? :efeed51798:

3 hours ago, RayRay said:

Dammit. Had to read this thread from the beginning to put this quote in context...

Official TFU recommendation: Ignore all posts from @The Wizard.

7 hours ago, RayRay said:

18932D3E-CD5A-4816-8ED1-6637954C6A03.jpeg.021353e8ed9a80442bef73bb61034681.jpeg

What I have noticed is that when there are kids aged 3-7 or so, they usually express their surprise when they see me on my Ninebot One by loudly asking their parents what this is or pointing their fingers at me asking their parents to look. The parents usually or more inhibited, they too want to know what I'm riding on but they are less ready to ask than their kids. 

Archived