What's your longest distance/time travelled without putting feet down?

LanghamP

6.5 miles in a true urban environment, no holding to poles, no stopping.

8.9 miles in a mixed urban and park environment.

To be fair the 6.5 miles I had been doing the same route for months and only last week did I get lucky and didn't have to stop, but the 8.9 miles in mostly parks is probably my limit before I have to step off to restore circulation in my feet and legs (and mentally rest).

Riders who know how to do true pendulums can probably ride until the wheel gives up.

I edited to allow time, which for me is no more than 40 minutes.

I regularly rode the Firewheel battery to almost empty (or even all the way to empty, meaning having to carry it the last part of the trip, which sucks with a 15kg wheel) without putting my foot down. Depending on conditions, that was 20-25km in one go. With the KS16S, I've gone over 30km without stopping, the longest rides with that has been something like 50-55km (but with stops). Still didn't manage to ride it all the way to empty, but I guess it was close some times (1-2 leds when stopping, although with slower average speeds and good conditions, I've had 3-4 leds after 50+km). Of course those rides without putting foot down are with hiking boots and on paved roads, I tried some laps with sneakers in the summer, and I had to stop every 10km or so due to foot pain, but with stiff soled shoes, I maybe could ride the S until the battery runs out. But it might be that foot fatique (rather than pain) would set in before that... also, now that it's colder, the time (rather than distance) I can ride is limited by when my legs start to shiver due to cold, I'm a bit worried how it can affect my reaction speed and control in general. Long johns help there :D 

8 minutes ago, esaj said:

I regularly rode the Firewheel battery to almost empty (or even all the way to empty, meaning having to carry it the last part of the trip, which sucks with a 15kg wheel) without putting my foot down. Depending on conditions, that was 20-25km in one go. With the KS16S, I've gone over 30km without stopping, the longest rides with that has been something like 50-55km (but with stops). Still didn't manage to ride it all the way to empty, but I guess it was close some times (1-2 leds when stopping, although with slower average speeds and good conditions, I've had 3-4 leds after 50+km). Of course those rides without putting foot down are with hiking boots and on paved roads, I tried some laps with sneakers in the summer, and I had to stop every 10km or so due to foot pain, but with stiff soled shoes, I maybe could ride the S until the battery runs out. But it might be that foot fatique (rather than pain) would set in before that... also, now that it's colder, the time (rather than distance) I can ride is limited by when my legs start to shiver due to cold, I'm a bit worried how it can affect my reaction speed and control in general. Long johns help there :D 

Come to think of it, I probably should have used time instead of distance, as of course some wheels are much faster than others. I think time is a better comparison among riders than distance.

I routinely go for 16 kms for 50 minutes without stepping off on my trips.  I think zlymex holds the record at 100 km non-stop.  :blink:  The bad thing is that I seem to develop a case of stuck feet where I will try to do everything not to step off like circle metal bollards until traffic is clear where it would just be as easy to step off and wait.  It's probably best to take breaks in any case over longer trips.  I usually will slalom and pivot my feet forwards and backwards and side to side, one at a time over the front edge of the pedal while bending the knee.  To an imaginary, sexy dragon Queen.  :whistling:

Go Finns! I passed 45km non-stop in the summer. As for time, my longest is 1h50min, but without breaks I think 1h30min. I know I do 1h15min non-stop every day.

I always hold on to traffic signs or other poles when I have to stay still. Pedestrian traffic lights are rarely busy enough not to allow that.

Hi guys,

I wonder how it's possible to ride +100km without taking a beak, unless you're going some +50kph which I seriously doubt :D

I have been riding more than 60km without putting my foot down (straight line on a +400km bike lane), on my Monster, however I did sit on it from time to time, is that called cheating @Marty Backe ? In time, it's +3h30min non stop, my goal was to get the max range out of my Monster because acceleration is very power demanding, and I did get +120km :)

I won't do this often because it tends to give me a headache after +2h of non stop riding..

Otherwise, I would say it's possible to ride +30 minutes often without putting a foot down, not sure about the mileage but maybe +10km, it's easier when not going in a straight line because blood moves in your feet :D

I've gone over 50 miles without stopping on my Monster - I have access to paved trails that run along side our rivers. You can go over 35 miles in one direction without having to stop.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've gone over 50 miles without stopping on my Monster - I have access to paved trails that run along side our rivers. You can go over 35 miles in one direction without having to stop.

50 out of how many possible on a single charge?

21 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

50 out of how many possible on a single charge?

Depends how fast you ride. Riding really fast, I can get an easy 65 miles out of the Monster. If I ride slower I can get 100 miles (I've done that once).

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Depends how fast you ride. Riding really fast, I can get an easy 65 miles out of the Monster. If I ride slower I can get 100 miles (I've done that once).

Sold!  Monster it is for the next wheel...

3 minutes ago, Catlord17 said:

Sold!  Monster it is for the next wheel...

I lied :(, it was only 95 miles (my memory failed me).

See 

Archived