WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

17 hours ago, EricGhost said:

so when you stop you do know what is left for small load. The problem is which loads are you going to use?

About 3-5W when stop, so it's <0.01A for 84V battery, so it isn't noticeably. By the way we can't use Voltage for extremely accurate calculation, because different EUC's wheel boards may lie up to 1-2V. 

17 hours ago, EricGhost said:

In these curves at 3.4V you have 2.8Ah for 0.7A now the area of the trapezoid (4.2+3.4)*2.8/2=10.5Wh full charge around 12.5 then 10.5/12.5=0.84 not so far 16% left against 27%

You need to use the lowest current curve, not 1A, not 0.7A. 0.2A is more then we need, but we haven't curves for lower currents (but difference between 0.2A and 0.05A won't be signifficant). Also you trying to calculate capcacity to 2.8V, no EUCs which can accept you to discharge to such voltage, 3.0V it is absolute zero for 18L. We use wheels, not batteries itself, so we need to know remaining charge of wheel, not some theoretical capacity of cells (3500mAh), you can't use more then ~3000-3100 mAh in EUCs from MJ1. 

I installed the 2.0.15 version to use with my 18L that arrived yesterday. It connects as expected, but when I swipe over to the stats screen nothing is displayed. If I connect to my KS16, the app will display the stats as expected. It's probably a user error but can someone suggest how I can get the stats display working for the 18L? I've tried re-installing this version and the 2.0.14 version and nothing seems to fix the problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Screenshot_20180913-083652.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-083658.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-083756.jpg

I think that, after 3-4 30Km trips with different tyre pressure (from 2.8 bar to 1.2bar) to simulate different Wh consumption, I got my goal of 
finding a reliable computing for the remaining range of my wheel (within a conservative safety margin intrinsic in the model of a real battery)

The model is based on the discharge curves for Sanyo NCR18650GA and Panasonic NCR18650GA both 3.500Ah nominal
There are two situations 0-2.75Ah almost linear in (V=volt,Ah=ampere hour,A=ampere) and >2.75Ah non linear
The wheel is defined by 4packs of 20cells with cut-off at 60V, nominal 84-60V =24V working range where -> 2V error is about 10% .

Thank to the logs of wheellog which register the values of: time,Volt,Current,Speed and Km, I can analize my trip by splitting the data into
different current (A) ranges, 0A-5A,5A-10A,10-15A,.....,>30A.

To use the current as a reference has two main reasons:
1-battery energy drops significantly at high current 
2-current is related to the motor torque and therefore to the wheel efforts during its usage: strong acceleration/deceleration, climbing at high speed, etc.

The blue data below the "BatteryStart" tell the story of my recent trip as a combination of different currents, and therefore where I stand in the actual wheel usage.
The next table after the blue one tells me how much is left if I stay  in a single ampere range and what is left if I continue with the same wheel usage.

There can be some apparent mismatch in the number (see 30% 0.7 Km and 2.0Km) that is because two statistic are involved one with weigths according to the ampere range and another without (brutal average) just to appreciate the difference, and also if wheellog log is missing.

The data gives me a better level of confidence where I stand with my left battery compared with the simple app battery %

Screenshot_2018-09-17-11-06-54-068_it.enrico.EUCrange.EUCrange.thumb.png.75cc4050815b8420731efcf800fedcf7.png

• Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 8:16 PM, André Barbosa said:

@EricGhost it would be great to integrate that on the Wheelog itself. Is that app you made on github ? 
( @palachzzz I`m willing to help on that )

Thanks Andre’, but I do not know if it can be generalized. The core is a LLSS  linear least square solution for a 1rst and 2nd order polynomial (V,A,Ah variables) of the mentioned batteries discharged curves I found in internet, which KS says are mounted on my wheel. Not sure How general and accurate are the LLSS found coefficients for other batteries, for my KS18L looks like they are quite ok.

No the app is a DIY on Android studio with graphic just for my phone

Edited by EricGhost

I'm having an issue with the app where it isn't displaying any information when connected to my Glide 3/V8.

I'm new to EUCs and just got a Glide 3/V8 after messing around with a Swagroller for about a month.  It's been a lot of fun to ride, but the app situation is a disaster. I can't "log in" to the Solowheel app and the InMotion app is really messy and eats through my phone's battery even when it's off, so I have to uninstall it to make it through the day.

I was really happy to see that WheelLog is an option since it looks like a great app.  I installed the latest version (August 20, 2018) on my Android phone and connected with the default password (the wheel beeped to confirm) but WheelLog doesn't display any information at all from the wheel for me (besides the serial number, which it gets right).  This is what it looks like.  Any ideas about what's gone wrong or suggestions for fixing it?  Thanks!

Screenshot_2018-09-28-14-55-30.png

Screenshot_2018-09-28-14-56-02.png

2 hours ago, padger said:

I'm having an issue with the app where it isn't displaying any information when connected to my Glide 3/V8.

I'm new to EUCs and just got a Glide 3/V8 after messing around with a Swagroller for about a month.  It's been a lot of fun to ride, but the app situation is a disaster. I can't "log in" to the Solowheel app and the InMotion app is really messy and eats through my phone's battery even when it's off, so I have to uninstall it to make it through the day.

I was really happy to see that WheelLog is an option since it looks like a great app.  I installed the latest version (August 20, 2018) on my Android phone and connected with the default password (the wheel beeped to confirm) but WheelLog doesn't display any information at all from the wheel for me (besides the serial number, which it gets right).  This is what it looks like.  Any ideas about what's gone wrong or suggestions for fixing it?  Thanks!

At least yours shows the description for each of the stats. For my KS-18L everything is blank except for the time and icons at the top:

image.png.c64f756fc7ab046c45391654841b4ae7.png

Is anyone else using this with an 18L where the middle stats display is shown correctly? If so, what version are you using?

6 hours ago, padger said:

Hi, I have got a V8, and the same WheelLog version that you're using, all you need to do is to side swipe the left hand side of the app on your phone to bring up the settings menu where you would be able to change things like the top speed, tilt back speed, light settings etc.

Hope that helps!!!!!

@KAY GEE Thanks for the reply!

I found that panel before, and it also seems to be able to read a few numbers from the wheel, but doesn't let me change anything.  It looks like it correctly reads the max speed and volume that I set earlier with the InMotion app, but if I try to change either of those they just snap back to the original values.

Also I'd like to be able to read things like my speed and battery level, but I'm not getting anything for those.

Should I try an older version of the app, or is it possible that I've done something wrong?

Screenshot_2018-09-29-11-11-09.png

20 hours ago, Marcglider said:

not sure about the glide 3 but I can tell you that the .15 version I use for my Z10 will not work on my GW wheels, for that I have an old "forked .13 version"... you may need to find an older or forked version to work with that wheel... good luck.

@Marcglider Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried v2.0.15, v2.0.14, v2.0.13, v2.0.8, and the original one linked in this thread (not sure the version number, but it's from September 2017).  These all behave the same way for me -- data displays as all zeros and the controls are frozen.  Is there something special about the Glide 3 branded wheels?  I thought they should act just like an InMotion v8, or at least that was the impression I had when I bought it. Now I'm having regrets since the software is so defective.

1 hour ago, padger said:

@Marcglider Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried v2.0.15, v2.0.14, v2.0.13, v2.0.8, and the original one linked in this thread (not sure the version number, but it's from September 2017).  These all behave the same way for me -- data displays as all zeros and the controls are frozen.  Is there something special about the Glide 3 branded wheels?  I thought they should act just like an InMotion v8, or at least that was the impression I had when I bought it. Now I'm having regrets since the software is so defective.

Not sure where you bought it but you can try Jason at ewheels, he may have some insight... go to this video below of Marty's, click "show more" and a list of items will come up... there are "non social" versions of wheellog... try those, one may work, other than that I don't have more to recommend... good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CLlK_bVOFg

On 8/22/2018 at 4:32 AM, palachzzz said:

@palachzzz

juliomap added support for Tizen's watches and made a pull request in my branch which I approved

@palachzzz  @julio_map  Does this mean I don't have to specifically look for the Tizen version of the app on the Tizen app site?  I was unable to find it when I searched.

Sooo,   if I'm up to date then 2.0.15 is the latest version of erm, Palachzzz's fork/branch/version ;-) ?

Question for those using the app with a smart watch.   Particularly a GEAR (mines an S2).   
Have you found a way to keep the app in focus?     Worked brilliantly on my Pebble,  I bought an S2 and its nowhere near as good using that as a wrist speedo as the Pebble was.

Before I have to go back to the Pebble,  thought I'd ask.   Also,  I'm guessing this is the thread to watch for updates for the Android app,   what about for the watch apps?  Hear also? or on the Tizen app site?    

Thankyou for all your work.

So I did a 46 mile ride on my 18S a while back... I did the same ride on my MSX a couple of weeks ago and my pebble/wheellog said the trip was 42 miles... seemed something was wrong... I bought a Garmin Foretrax 410 a few days ago and started using it. What I found was that the wheellog is not accurate with my MSX. I am using the version Marty has posted on his videos for the GW wheels, and the .15 version that works with my Z10 which seems to be accurate as far as speed goes. What was the Most Surprising is that my speed was reading like 5-6 mph less on the pebble than my Garmin was showing for the MSX. When I was going like 21mph on my MSX I was getting some wobbles, turns out I was going 27 mph according to the Garmin GPS :o  It did not make sense to me that I was super comfortable on the Z at 24 and getting wobbles at 21 on the MSX, now I know why... 

• Like 1

@Marcglider, MSX has firmware bug - it lose mileage while riding (you can check it in logs), but I don't know about speed inaccuracy, maybe it possible. Anyway this is not WheelLog problem, because it show that controller transmits. Z10 has a fairly accurate measurements. 

GPS isn't accurate too, because it has very slow sample rate, and some other specifics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

@Marcglider, MSX has firmware bug - it lose mileage while riding (you can check it in logs), but I don't know about speed inaccuracy, maybe it possible. Anyway this is not WheelLog problem, because it show that controller transmits. Z10 has a fairly accurate measurements. 

GPS isn't accurate too, because it has very slow sample rate, and some other specifics.

Thanks... and Yes, the Z10 seemed accurate, but not the MSX... The 2 main things I want to know and would like as much accuracy as possible with are my current speed and total distance... Even if I am comfortable, I do not feel I need to be going faster than 25 mph (this seems very easy on my Z10, MSX and Tesla) at most any time, especially as my battery gets lower, and I am trying to use my distance on all my wheels so I can know/learn where I am at regarding the remaining range as I HATE getting below like 15% and getting beeps, speed reduction and tilt back :crying: I would rather monitor everything, and slow a little during the ride to avoid that nightmare... It's like a "road-rage" activator... :whistling:

@palachzzz Thanks again for all the help and support you provide with this program, I for one appreciate it...

17 hours ago, Marcglider said:

So I did a 46 mile ride on my 18S a while back... I did the same ride on my MSX a couple of weeks ago and my pebble/wheellog said the trip was 42 miles... seemed something was wrong... I bought a Garmin Foretrax 410 a few days ago and started using it. What I found was that the wheellog is not accurate with my MSX. I am using the version Marty has posted on his videos for the GW wheels, and the .15 version that works with my Z10 which seems to be accurate as far as speed goes. What was the Most Surprising is that my speed was reading like 5-6 mph less on the pebble than my Garmin was showing for the MSX. When I was going like 21mph on my MSX I was getting some wobbles, turns out I was going 27 mph according to the Garmin GPS :o  It did not make sense to me that I was super comfortable on the Z at 24 and getting wobbles at 21 on the MSX, now I know why... 

4 hours ago, palachzzz said:

The latest version of WheelLog is not very good (IMHO) for Gotway wheels. The battery level reported does not match the hardware and the reported speeds are ~10% off from reality. Both problems are with all wheels.

I only use the latest version for the Z10. Otherwise I use an older version when riding Gotway.

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I only use the latest version for the Z10. Otherwise I use an older version when riding Gotway.

Hey @Marty Backe I am using the GW version you have on your video list  which is the one I have been using with he issues described above, it is: Forked WheelLog_170922017.APK... are you referring to a different/older version you switched to??  The .15 version for the Z seems to work pretty good, the speed is same as my GPS, since I know the range limit for the Z, I should not have any issue with low battery for now, just want to not go over 25mph if possible... :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Hey @Marty Backe I am using the GW version you have on your video list  which is the one I have been using with he issues described above, it is: Forked WheelLog_170922017.APK... are you referring to a different/older version you switched to??  The .15 version for the Z seems to work pretty good, the speed is same as my GPS, since I know the range limit for the Z, I should not have any issue with low battery for now, just want to not go over 25mph if possible... :unsure:

When riding Gotway, I use v2.0.4   I probably need to update what I have linked in my videos.