WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Pebble has been "done with" for a couple of years, but that hasn't stopped people from still buying them. And independent hosting service as replaced the Pebble store. So you may want to reconsider the Pebble.

I can't offer any valuable advice to your specific question :(

Thank you Marty for the answer and all your great videos.  Looks like Ebay has tons of pebbles so will start with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan NYC said:

Sorry new here so not sure if this is the right place to ask.

As pebble's are done now is there any other display watch i can use with the V10 to show speed?

Thanks.

If displaying speed and possibly mileage is your only criteria, you can get a GPS like a Garmin Foretrex 410, they work great and are pretty accurate and be worn on your wrist... If you want battery voltage, temp and other info on your wrist, than the Pebble and WheelLog are your best bet... just make a note you need to use Rebble.io website to enable it to work...

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, Marcglider said:

The latest version is 2.0.15... this version does not work with KingSong or Gotway wheels... 

If you have one of those wheels, use version 2.0.4, the .15 version works well with the Ninebot Z10 and I would guess other wheels from NB. if you are asking for Inmotion products, maybe another member can help you, I do not own any of their wheels.

Read this post, all version able to work with Gotway and Kingsong, including 2.0.15, the only difference - battery percents

On 10/19/2018 at 7:57 PM, Marty Backe said:

Really? The author specifically stated that Gotway Configuration was disabled in version 2.0.15   I have that version (for my Z10) and Configuration is indeed turned off. You sure you're running 15?

Weird, as you say.

Can you find this in my text?)) (don't lose time :) )
Configuration disabled only for Ninebot Z (because it isn't implemented), all others work as before. And yes, it works only after second attempt.

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Read this post, all version able to work with Gotway and Kingsong, including 2.0.15, the only difference - battery percents

Can you find this in my text?)) (don't lose time :) )
Configuration disabled only for Ninebot Z (because it isn't implemented), all others work as before. And yes, it works only after second attempt.

My apologies :( I guess I never tried more than one attempt.

I still can't use it because of the battery values, but that's just me.

BTW, another idiosyncrasy with the Z10 version is that once you disconnect from the wheel, WheelLog will never reconnect. You must kill the app and start it again to be able to connect to the wheel. 

Edited by Marty Backe

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

@palachzzz, I stand corrected, I am not sure why when I originally tried my GW wheels after logging off my Z10 but I just tried to log on with my Tesla and also my MSX and they both worked with the 2.0.15...:efefb6a84e: I do not find it that big of a deal to switch versions so I will do some testing and see if I still want to use the older version or everything with the new .15 version... Thanks

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, another idiosyncrasy with the Z10 version is that once you disconnect from the wheel, WheelLog will never reconnect. You must kill the app and start it again to be able to connect to the wheel. 

Yes, this is the problem of 2.0.15 version, it was fixed in 2.0.16  :)

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I still can't use it because of the battery values, but that's just me.

It will be fixed in 2.0.18 or 2.0.19 :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Yes, this is the problem of 2.0.15 version, it was fixed in 2.0.16  :)

It will be fixed in 2.0.18 or 2.0.19 :) 

:thumbup: :cheers:

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

I have great news for all. 

I didn't expect this, but @Jason McNeil of ewheels.com contacted me and suggested that I continue maintaining WheelLog, in turn he offered to me access to Kevin Cooper's account in the Play Market, with the possibility of publishing WheelLog.
Thus, all subsequent WheelLog updates will be distributed through the Play Market. Thanks Jason ( @Jason McNeil), thanks Kevin ( @JumpMaster), it was really surprising. 

2.0.16:
- Fixed reconnection to Ninebot Z, and some more bugs with it.

2.0.17:
-
 Added GPS speed, heading, altitude to logs (now you are able to see how GPS far from reality, or.. )

2.0.18:
- Added Solowheel Glide 3 support

2.0.19:
- Roll back of battery percents to official formulas (I'll return to this question when I figure out how to do it better)

You can find new version in Play Market.
Source code was updated: https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid

Wow. I'm getting it now ...

:cheers: to everyone involved!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, palachzzz said:

I have great news for all. 

I didn't expect this, but @Jason McNeil of ewheels.com contacted me and suggested that I continue maintaining WheelLog, in turn he offered to me access to Kevin Cooper's account in the Play Market, with the possibility of publishing WheelLog.
Thus, all subsequent WheelLog updates will be distributed through the Play Market. Thanks Jason ( @Jason McNeil), thanks Kevin ( @JumpMaster), it was really surprising.

That's fantastic news, very happy to hear this :thumbup: 

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Thank you for this enormous contribution to the community. The sorry state of manufacturer Apps have been a constant source of irritation to Customers, Distributors, & Manufacturers alike, this weakness has definitely been detrimental to the advancement of the Wheel for a wider audience.

Are you planning on adding a Donate link through the App, for those who want to show some support in your efforts? 

The original (and primary author) would not accept donations (I tried). But he did encourage a donation to a charity that he supported.

• Like 1

All the readout numbers I see are 0, even the total distance.  To reach this point, I installed from Google Play ("last updated Oct 20, 2018"), punched the app's Bluetooth button, selected a nearby powered-up Glide3 from the list, punched in a password, and heard the happy connection noise from the wheel:  boom-bing!  (Later, I also tried a wrong password and did not hear the happy noise, so I believe Wheellog connects successfully.)  But the readouts are all zeros. 

Spoiler

I installed the latest version and it was able to connect to my Glide 3.  However, it also often disconnect from my wheel and I have to close the app and connect it again with having to input the password all over again.

Also, the latest version of the app is using km/hr.  Is there a way to change it to miles per hour?

17 minutes ago, Alan Pontious said:

Pardon the noob here, but how does one get the app? Thanks.  Alan

Assuming that you have an Android phone, go to the Playstore, search for "WheelLog", and install the app.

Now that WheelLog is updated in the PlayStore and the new version is downloaded to my Pixel XL, can someone point me to a watch that it will connect with? I read this thread & possibly missed a post if anyone made a suggestion on a watch that will connect. Any link or suggestion is much appreciated.

58 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Now that WheelLog is updated in the PlayStore and the new version is downloaded to my Pixel XL, can someone point me to a watch that it will connect with? I read this thread & possibly missed a post if anyone made a suggestion on a watch that will connect. Any link or suggestion is much appreciated.

In the YouTube Description section of any of my videos you'll find a link to the one I own. Any Pebble model of the same version will work. The difference between all of the Pebble watches is aesthetics and associated price point. Functionally, they all have the same features.

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

Well, I use the LEMFO LEM4 PRO smart watch with Wheellog.

Here is the thread about the LEMFO LEM4 Pro smart watch.