WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

I quickly tested the V8 unlocked to 35 kph, 22 mph.  I wasn't able to go faster than the normal 19 mph because of tilt back except downhill.  I didn't try riding hard on the edge of the peddles.   Downhill it was easy to exceed 19 mph, but didn't feel a lot faster.  Maybe during the week when I'm racing bicycles downhill I'll feel differently. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DanCar said:

Depends upon how someone defines "safe". 

8 hours ago, DanCar said:

I wasn't able to go faster than the normal 19 mph because of tilt back except downhill.

:rolleyes: I am sure there are a few reasonable definitions for safe, but deliberating that with someone overtly in the race for the Darwin award seems a little pointless :efee6b18f3:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, quick question here:

I'm going to disable the anti-spin button on my V8 because I'm using a leash. This means that every time  I have to go up a flight of stairs, for example, I'll be switching the wheel off. Will my WheelLog trip data be reset every time I switch it off? Or does a specific amount of time have to go by before the app "decides" that I'm not on the same trip, but on a new one?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Will my WheelLog trip data be reset every time I switch it off?

I think so. But don't take anybodys word for it. It is so easy to find out.

39 minutes ago, Mono said:

I think so. But don't take anybodys word for it. It is so easy to find out.

Thanks! Just went for a quick spin (finally, after 4 days of no riding!), switched the wheel off in a couple occasions to take a break, and it didn't reset. It did warn me that "The Wheel was disconnected" both times, but later it resumed where I left off. I guess it considers it the same trip unless you close the app.  I was logging my route with SportsTrackers and the data for the entire ride was consistent on both apps, so I guess that's that settled :)

BTW, could anyone help me to interpret the WheelLog graph? In terms of flat areas and uphills I think can guess what I was doing at each moment based on the correlation between speed and current, but how do I know when regen is occuring? (as in, the difference between current being used and current being generated). Maybe I don't understand the correlation that well after all... :efefb6a84e: :efee612b4b:

2l8jmeg.jpg

36 minutes ago, travsformation said:

... but how do I know when regen is occuring? (as in, the difference between current being used and current being generated). 

Depending on your wheel, regeneration is shown as negative current or not distinguishable (also shown as positive current)

The graph in wheellog only shows positive currents, so one has to log the data with wheellog to a .csv file.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

Thanks! Just went for a quick spin (finally, after 4 days of no riding!), switched the wheel off in a couple occasions to take a break, and it didn't reset. It did warn me that "The Wheel was disconnected" both times, but later it resumed where I left off. I guess it considers it the same trip unless you close the app.  I was logging my route with SportsTrackers and the data for the entire ride was consistent on both apps, so I guess that's that settled :)

Cool, then that has changed, I guess I have a very old version of the app.

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

Hey, quick question here:

I'm going to disable the anti-spin button on my V8 because I'm using a leash. This means that every time  I have to go up a flight of stairs, for example, I'll be switching the wheel off. Will my WheelLog trip data be reset every time I switch it off? Or does a specific amount of time have to go by before the app "decides" that I'm not on the same trip, but on a new one?

Thanks!

It will keep the data as well as the battery percentage. I learned this from turning off the wheel after a long ride and charging it. In the morning I turned on my wheel and checked the battery status and it said 16% I restarted the app and it went to 100%

Edited by Esper
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2018 at 8:53 PM, GaperMaster said:

Ok, I think I figured it out. I had to turn-off my password protection on my Z10 in order for WheelLog to work with the wheel. It kind of explains this when you first connect to the wheel in the app when it asks for your password it says "(Inmotion only)". You have to not put in a password when you connect. 

If you turn on the bluetooth password protection setting in your Ninebot app, WheelLog will stop working again. Hopefully this helps those that are having trouble getting data to show through the app.

Yes, WheelLog doesn't support Ninebot password

On 11/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, Mono said:

I believe the DarknessBot app can set the max speed of the V8 to more than 30km/h, which is beyond the specification of InMotion. I am not a fan at all, as this is bound to hurt someone sooner or later.

I tried it by myself. I rode about 3500km with unlocked 35km/h, and I never fell down at a speed of more than 22 km/h,
My usual ride to my job on V8 (1050Wh battery, but I also use it with stock battery for about 700km, without fail). V8 has another adaptive (depending on battery voltage) limiter, so don't worry about other people who unlocked it. 
sxvn7s.png

And the best Avr speed result: 

umk9ya.png

8 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Use WheelLog

?????

Wow,  I feel like a dumbass,   I can't see how to get into settings I can change on WheelLog.
My wheel is set to maximum (30km/hr) in the Inmotion App.   How do you get into settings on WheelLog?        

29 minutes ago, t0me said:

?????

Wow,  I feel like a dumbass,   I can't see how to get into settings I can change on WheelLog.
My wheel is set to maximum (30km/hr) in the Inmotion App.   How do you get into settings on WheelLog?        

On the main screen, swipe from the left.

6 hours ago, t0me said:

Ok will confirm in a bit when its back together (got my first flat yesterday) but I'll be giving myself a slap if a swipe gets me any options as I'm sure I tried it and got nothing. 

Yes a slap and a swipe is what you need ?? the simple stuff eeeh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Is the newest version of this app compatible with the following 2 watches?

The newer Pebble time and the Amazfit:

1.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CRSK5DM/ref=psdc_7939901011_t1_B00BKEQBI0

From one review: "The Bip runs on its proprietary OS in conjunction with the Mi Fit companion app foriOSandAndroid. Mi Fit syncs with the watch, takes control of tracking and record keeping, and even links to the Apple Health app. Unlike the Fitbit Versa or the Apple Watch, however, the Bip has no app store and few compatible third-party apps.  "

So there seems no chance for wheellog to run with this watch. It only has an pebble app, there exists/existed some Tizen support (no idea how this works - could be just a try, never read real reports/reviews here?). The third possibility is to run it on swartwatches which have full Android Support - afair this is not too satisfying, as the screens are not optimized for the small smartwatch displays....

7 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Here someone with pebble experience should chime in - afair most/all reports with wheellog are here with the normal (older) pebble's?

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, t0me said:

Ok will confirm in a bit when its back together (got my first flat yesterday) but I'll be giving myself a slap if a swipe gets me any options as I'm sure I tried it and got nothing. 

BTW, the app has to be connected to the wheel for you to be able to access wheel settings

Oh and I have both an original kickstarter pebble and the last of them the pebble 2 hr,   both run the app very well (and are the reason I bought the watches).
I also bought a Gear S2,   but plan to sell it on as I primarily wear a watch to run the wheel app and for that,  the S2 isn't worth having.    It isn't as good a version as the pebble version,  won't stay in focus (switches back to watch view quickly) and won't stay on, so its multiple button presses to get it back in view.   

The pebble 2 hr is quite a bit smaller than the original pebble,  but either make an excellent speedo in conjunction with WheelLog.