WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

When riding Gotway, I use v2.0.4   I probably need to update what I have linked in my videos.

any possibility of posting the link here???.... I have been looking in the back posts and I can not find a link and my google search did not come up with it as well... :efefae4566:

14 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

any possibility of posting the link here???.... I have been looking in the back posts and I can not find a link and my google search did not come up with it as well... :efefae4566:

Yes, I'll post here tonight

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The latest version of WheelLog is not very good (IMHO) for Gotway wheels. The battery level reported does not match the hardware and the reported speeds are ~10% off from reality. Both problems are with all wheels.

Yes, everyone knows that you don't like it)) But:
- WheelLog displays exactly the speed that the wheel transmits, except the case when you set the option GOTWAY MCM in the settings (please check it, if you think that you see wrong speed).
- As I posted previously, battery percents were changed in 2.0.14 version, so 2.0.13 version shows battery percents like official Gotway app, which you can find in this post:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Yes, everyone knows that you don't like it)) But:
- WheelLog displays exactly the speed that the wheel transmits, except the case when you set the option GOTWAY MCM in the settings (please check it, if you think that you see wrong speed).
- As I posted previously, battery percents were changed in 2.0.14 version, so 2.0.13 version shows battery percents like official Gotway app, which you can find in this post:

And please don't take my commentary on the various versions too harshly. I'm just letting people know what works for me and why. I'm not always chasing the latest version of all the different apps out there. I still use the 2+ year old Gotway app too sometimes. Basically, if it does what I need and there are no compelling reasons to upgrade, I'm not going to upgrade.

So I maintain the two v2.0.4 (Gotway) and v2.0.15 (Z10) versions on my phone and can switch between them in 10-seconds. I may be using them a year from now. Everyone else can do their own thing of course. 

• Like 1

Oh, sorry if it feels too harshly, it isn't  something what I wanted, sorry for my English.

I just observing how some people trying to find some version which should solve some problems, but actually there is no such version. 2.0.13 or any other earlier suitable if you want to get percents like Gotway/Kingsong/Inmotion official app (yes, it affects not only gotway but all others too). 2.0.14 and 2.0.15 have another percents.

Ninebot transmits everything by itself (including percents, others don't do that, only voltage). I know that Ninebot shows very accurate measurements (speed, currents, but have some specifics with voltage, percents, two batteries and so on). I'm waiting for my own Z10 to check some other ninebot specifics..

• Like 1

Has anyone tried running the app on a micro android phone like guophone a6 (appears to be the cheapest micro android phone with higher than Android 4.3 that is semi-waterproof and touch).    

Looking for alternatives for a wrist speedo to getting my pebble back from the missus who seems quite attached to it now.

The app addon works on my Tizen Gear 2 but won't keep the app in focus or on screen,  so not very good compared to how well it worked with my pebble...

I posted a vid on the EUC facebook group of me riding with the Jetsons car noise playing through the KingSong speakers.  The idea was presented to be able to use an app such as WheelLog to feed the wheel speed out to the audio player to control the pitch and/or volume of the audio. 

Not sure how easy it would be for Wheellog to do something like this.  It would probably need to be designed to work with a specific audio player.  Just throwing the idea out there as it could be fun and useful.  Thanks go to Josh for the idea.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:23 PM, padger said:

I'm having an issue with the app where it isn't displaying any information when connected to my Glide 3/V8..

Screenshot_2018-09-28-14-56-02.png

I need to see what it shows at bottom of this screen (wheel model and s/n)

Edited by palachzzz

The latest version is 2.0.15... this version does not work with KingSong or Gotway wheels... 

If you have one of those wheels, use version 2.0.4, the .15 version works well with the Ninebot Z10 and I would guess other wheels from NB. if you are asking for Inmotion products, maybe another member can help you, I do not own any of their wheels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hansolo said:

I use every day the 2.0.15 version with my GotWay MS3 or MSX....

The 2.0.15 version removed all capability of configuring Gotway wheels. Yes, you can still use in like you do in the passive mode but I like to be able to configure my wheel with WheelLog. Version 15 won't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Christophe Vidal said:

I only use 2.0.15 with my Gotway acm without any problems to configure it .. weird.

Really? The author specifically stated that Gotway Configuration was disabled in version 2.0.15   I have that version (for my Z10) and Configuration is indeed turned off. You sure you're running 15?

Weird, as you say.

57 minutes ago, Christophe Vidal said:

Yes i confirm this is 2.0.15 ;)

Sometimes i have to change a settings twice because the first time does not work ... but only sometimes :) 

Well, in my version of 2.0.15, the Wheel Configuration menu is disabled. Strange.

1 hour ago, Christophe Vidal said:

I only use 2.0.15 with my Gotway acm without any problems to configure it .. weird.

After logging onto the .15 version with my Z10, I was unable to log onto any of my GW wheels... it would make the sound like it logged on but then immediately log off... yes very weird.... I use the .4 version and it works well, but it will not work (cant log on) with my Z... I have to re-download the version I need everytime I ride my Z then back for my GW wheels :efefb6a84e:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dan NYC said:

Sorry new here so not sure if this is the right place to ask.

As pebble's are done now is there any other display watch i can use with the V10 to show speed?

Thanks.

Pebble has been "done with" for a couple of years, but that hasn't stopped people from still buying them. And independent hosting service as replaced the Pebble store. So you may want to reconsider the Pebble.

I can't offer any valuable advice to your specific question :(

• Like 1