19 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

.. I like the die cut grip tape. Much more professional than slicing and dicing your own tape to fit between the OEM rubber pedal grips

i’m gonna get some sheets of super aggressive grip tape and use these for patterns.

i’m gonna want them on my e+ too.

• Like 1

OK Guys,  I thought that I will to it later, but as the "massive" delivery of Z10 hit EU and probably US also... This is:

The step by step setup guide for Ninebot Z models:

• Find Yourselves local standard mains connection cable like for PC (depends if the dealer made the good job or You got Chinese standard cable in the box) 
  • Buy some reflective tape - white and red
  • Unpack all stuff, connect the Z to the charger and charge it....
  • Cut away small triangles of the bottom protectors by the pedal post as they block the easy pedal opening
  • take included hex key and screw pedal plate screws slightly better
  • stick the grip pads precisely
  • unscrew pedals
  • cut reflective tape for front and end of pedals - 4 wedges 100 mm long, 12mm on wide end and 5mm on narrow ends are needed.
  • stick the reflective tapes precisely
  • get / prepare pedal openers (custom solution in my case - but willing to print and send - option to be discussed) stick them nicely using strong professional grade double sided tape
  • get / prepare light sensor blind to reduce lamp switch off by incoming car phenomenon (custom solution in my case - but willing to print and send - option to be discussed) stick it nicely using double sided tape (*see my YT video   at  youtube.com/lukluk )
  • Cut and stick RED reflective tape for the back fender (instead of white - also wider strip like 4 cm is OK)
  • add good double sided tape to front of the top protectors - by the lamp as original one un-glues as hell  (*se my YT video)
  • unscrew all side panels and lamp, modify front lamp - see my thread for that or my YT video with link listed
  • screw in fender and handle
  • stick some fancy white reflective tape strips on the front of the unit  *see YT.. 
  • clean all unit using alcohol before sticking all external protectors
  • prepare extra soft foam leg triangular protectors to cover parts of the original leg protectors as they are hard as hell
  • stick protectors
  • apply silicone on pedal axis to stop them form rattling and screw them back in place
  • modify the original rubber hose from the set - cut the pump end away, get the bike tube valve, press it into the rubber tube (original one comes without the valve)
  • set the right pressure !!!!
  • DONE
  • Optionally - get the charge doctor and modify the power supply to use it (*see my YT video about it  - www.youtube.com/lukluk)

This is more or less complete guide.  Skip what you want.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

One small annoyance. The alarms: on the Rockwheel app I set a double beep at 35km/h and it will double beep as soon as I go over 35 and keep double beeping. The Ninebot app only beeps once if I cross that 35km/h boundary. On the Rockwheel app I set triple beep at 38, so now I know, double beep is >= 35 but < 38, and triple beep is >= 38. On the Z10 I don't know if I am still between 35 and 38 since it only beeps once if you pass an alarm threshold.

If you have Android, WheelLog and Pebble Watch are your friends. You can setup the alarms to buzz your wrist (continuously) as you cross any thresholds that you set. The just released version of WheelLog works with the Z10

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

If you have Android, WheelLog and Pebble Watch are your friends. You can setup the alarms to buzz your wrist (continuously) as you cross any thresholds that you set. The just released version of WheelLog works with the Z10

I have some Android devices here, but I lost my Pebble watch a year ago :D No idea where I put it ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Why wouldn't mine have proper support from Segway-Ninebot?

BTW CE mark doesn't mean anything. Anyone can stamp a CE mark on their product.

FYI I have mine here now, it's supplied with a power charger with EU plug, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

Does anyone know how long that "restrictive" mode is in place where your speed is limited? The manual doesn't tell anything about how many kms you need to do.

I meant you might be supported by the ailexpress dealer you bought from not from Segway-Ninebot. In my experience, it's not global warranty. You will only be serviced by where you buy the product from.

Yes, everyone can put CE mark on the product but they need to have supporting test reports from the 3rd party testing labs. Also the EU contact detail has to be mentioned next to the CE mark. None of the CE tests have been done so far. Since you don't care, it doesn't matter to you.

4 minutes ago, cloudust said:

I meant you might be supported by the ailexpress dealer you bought from not from Segway-Ninebot. In my experience, it's not global warranty. You will only be serviced by where you buy the product from.

What aliexpress dealer are you talking about?

Does this look like aliexpress to you?

14 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Back from my first ride.

WHAT A MACHINE! :w00t2:

I really wonder how much I will be using my Rockwheel GT16 now I have this beast. It gives you so much confidence over uneven roads. And the motorcycle analogy isn't wrong, at all. When cornering you can do it both ways such as with a motorcycle. Medium-high speed lean in to the corner and have your outer leg rest against the top part of the case, low speed you push the wheel down by lowering the pedal on the inside of the corner, just as you would do with a motorcycle at low speed.

Wow is all I can say :wub:. My Rockwheel is great, really great, but this is something else...

The pandemic spreads. ? it’s frightening. All other brand EUCs shiver in fears. Someone better call the WHO or our streets will soon be filled with ? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

First ride. Limited mode off.

Surely a different beast for cornering.

image.jpg

Great Photo! I just realized the trolley handle (without the awful mud guard!) looks actually pretty cool and doesn’t ruin the overall design beauty as much as I thought. The smal lower part might actually function as a kind of mud guard as well. So I am tempted by your photo to put on my trolley handle. Could you post another photo from the rear side as well? Please! ? 

5 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

(without the awful mud guard!) looks actually pretty cool and doesn’t ruin the overall design

:D it will ruin back of your shirt/trousers/jacket/pullover instead in case of first rain, and even without rain - big tire produces big amount of dust which will make your whole back and unicycle also very dirty (even with mud guard the wheel is all in dust)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

:D it will ruin back of your shirt/trousers/jacket/pullover instead in case of first rain, and even without rain - big tire produces big amount of dust which will make your whole back and unicycle also very dirty (even with mud guard the wheel is all in dust)

The more reason to get appropriate wear. To ruin the beautiful looks and the overall design concept of the Z by affixing such a makeshift mudguard is not an option (for me and all the others with ? who cherish the god given chief designer of the Z) 

I need Michelangelo’s “David” without boxer shorts and with no umbrella ? ... just with nothing!

I have ridden the Z in pouring rain ? for 15 minutes and of course my ? were wet. But they would have been with or without the mudguard. And if I go off-road riding, I just wear appropriate clothing for that. No big deal! I have not missed the mudguard for one second during this last month with the Z, but it would have ruined my every ride and my every day  just by having to look at it every morning when I smile at my Z. Unbearable thought. ?????

It was hate on first sight! ??

Edited by Toshio Uemura
Addition
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I have some Android devices here, but I lost my Pebble watch a year ago :D No idea where I put it ...

I lost my Pebble over the weekend. I found it last night because it was connected to my phone. Found it on literally in the hinge of my SUV hatch after driving around all week. Still works great! Too bad I use iPhone though.

• Like 1

No doubt. The best trolley system is the one I had on my Inmotion V8 (and what the Tesla also has). Sideways incorporated in the casing. Of course it takes room that can be used for batteries or other stuff. 

There is no such thing as the perfect wheel, but this is getting very close IMO :) 

6 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

The more reason to get appropriate wear. To ruin the beautiful looks and the overall design concept of the Z by affixing such a makeshift mudguard is not an option (for me and all the others with ? who cherish the god given chief designer of the Z) 

I need Michelangelo’s “David” without boxer shorts and with no umbrella ? ... just with nothing!

I have ridden the Z in pouring rain ? for 15 minutes and of course my ? were wet. But they would have been with or without the mudguard. And if I go off-road riding, I just wear appropriate clothing for that. No big deal! I have not missed the mudguard for one second during this last month with the Z, but it would have ruined my every ride and my every day  just by having to look at it every morning when I smile at my Z. Unbearable thought. ?????

It was hate on first sight! ??

i agree. from an engineering/beauty standpoint, there’s not another wheel in zed’s class. 

i’ll not put the trolley handle, mudguard or rubber pads on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

This is how a trolley handle should work:

Excellent demonstration!