Going to be a real exercise in self-restraint to watch the early reviews of the Z series roll in and not pull the trigger.  Especially if the reviews are glowing, like I'm predicting they'll be.  

Starting to doubt my ability to avoid temptation.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello everybody

Ninebot Z is now in presale in China ! 

more...here https://www.mini-j.world/accueil/actualites-mini/new-segway-ninebot-euc/

Hum, I find the timing of the announcement (exactly as INMOTION V10 release conference starts) very doubtful business practice... and just to announce presales.... 

This adds up to my list of Ninebot griefs.

Edited by em1barns
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, em1barns said:

Hum, I find the timing of the announcement (exactly as INMOTION V10 release conference starts) very doubtful business practice... and just to announce presales.... 

This adds up to my list of Ninebot griefs.

Kebye gotway vs ninebot =yes 

Ninebot sued Kebye Gotway for patents in 2016...

Inmotion vs Ninebot. .. It may be possible that inmotion belongs to a member of ninebot, pure supposition I know but for example clones of mini, I think they use the same production sites and they are directed by the same people, There are plenty of fake mini in China and they have not been worried since their appearance in 2016

Sure - see here below,

This include magnentic pedal mod, but this is easy to do, and even wihout that - just with enough WD40 pedals can be unfolded in this way.

Edited by Lukasz

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Lukasz that's a rider's DIY mod, not stock factory.

I am not referring to the magnetic mod - the key point is that the pedals are designed in such way that they have lower part that You can kick to unfold them.  No need to fiddle with edge of your shoe or do it by hand.  This can be done regardless the magnetic mod or not.

This feature is important to make quick transfer from riding to walking and back.

Edited by Lukasz

1 minute ago, Lukasz said:

I am not referring to the magnetic mod - the key point is that the pedals are designed in such way that they have lower part that You can kick to unfold them.  No need to fiddle with edge of your shoe or do it by hand.  This can be done regardless the magnetic mod or not.

This feature is important to make quick transfer from riding to walking and back.

You would need to remove the metal restrictor piece that makes the stock pedals rigid when folding, but then you run into the issue of them staying folded (sans magnet) when trolleying around.

One of the manufacturers needs to do a non-electric magnet release push button where you mechanically withdraw the magnets so the pedals unfold by gravity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

You would need to remove the metal restrictor piece that makes the stock pedals rigid when folding, but then you run into the issue of them staying folded (sans magnet) when trolleying around.

One of the manufacturers needs to do a non-electric magnet release push button where you mechanically withdraw the magnets so the pedals unfold by gravity.

No, springs can be made "softer" by bending them slightly and using grease, if it is still the problem - magnetic mod is relatively easy to do at home. am with You on the "release push button" but it can be complicated mechanically, the workaround is the "kicking surface" on the lower part of the pedals - something which is not existing in ONE E+ nor Gotway...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Just order it from China.  

Bit of a risk if you have any issues with it... For example, my first V8 died on me after a couple of months use. Would've been a right pain trying to get a replacement from China. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Kael said:

Bit of a risk if you have any issues with it... For example, my first V8 died on me after a couple of months use. Would've been a right pain trying to get a replacement from China. 

I hear you.  I bought my V8 through a North American distributor because I was worried if I bought from China that I'd be left hanging.  My 18S is also through an official distributor.  

In retrospect, I don't think one gains much in the way of after sales support for going through officials channels.  Most replacement parts are available from China and the buyer has to commit to doing any work that's necessary; it's not like there are dealerships one can drop off one's wheel for repair. 

The tension between buyers and manufacturers in this market is because the buyers don't see a lot of value-added to going through official distributors.  

I think if you did a poll of veteran members, most would vote that it makes sense to just get the lowest price you can through whatever source you can, and take your chances.  

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I definitely see your point, but I'd have to disagree that it makes sense for most people to bypass the dealers just to get the lowest price.   It's like ordering a Hyundai car from the factory in Korea or AliExpress (if you could).  There is no easy warranty that comes with it, and you have to be mechanically inclined if something goes wrong.  Most average people likely aren't. 

The value added from dealer support should not be under-estimated.  For people who don't mind tinkering and have plenty of disposable income then sure they can afford to take that risk.  I bought my Ninebot from a dealer, but then I got my Tesla from AliEx.  I fully accepted that the Tesla likely has no real after sales support.  If it dies it dies.  I can live with that.  I will try to fix it if I can and if I can find parts.  That's a lot of ifs!  When you have a good dealer backing you, they help take care of those problems so it's like an insurance policy.  You never appreciate it until you need it. 

Just to add to this... If I buy a wheel from AliExpress, I then need to deal with customs and pay duties, et cetera (here in New Zealand anyway).

Buying from a local dealer makes all of that their problem (if only there was a local dealer in New Zealand)!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2