IPS ZERO

John Eucist

17 minutes ago, johnc415 said:

Wow... I'm stunned... You mean to tell me this whole time we weren't dealing with IPS!? 

So that proves the reply of IPS manufacturer saying the Zero is still not for the international market since it is still under evaluation.

Edited by SlowMo

I am not 100% sure, but I am going to double check that.

http://www.iamips.com/product-show-23 this looks much more detailed than the information on Tony's site, no?

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

So that proves the reply of IPS manufacturer saying the Zero is still not for the international market since it is still under evaluation.

Yes, that is a proof, and 1 billion people are testing it for us :)

5 hours ago, micro said:

I am not 100% sure, but I am going to double check that.

http://www.iamips.com/product-show-23 this looks much more detailed than the information on Tony's site, no?

Yes, that is a proof, and 1 billion people are testing it for us :)

If you look at the website and go to the english page, you won't find the Zero in their product listing. Implicitly saying that the product is not for sale outside China.

Edited by SlowMo

So basically Tony is someone who took the opportunity that IPS doesn't distribute outside of China to make some money and sell the Zero in other countries .... Did i understand correctly?

Edited by Pagsy

12 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Good point, but please consider: Speed max 8kph, distance 800 m, helmets on. At this speed you can just climb of if anything. 

Still dangerous Paul. Please do not put your child in harms way.  It takes only one mistake or one equipment malfunction.

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Still dangerous Paul. Please do not put your child in harms way.  It takes only one mistake or one equipment malfunction.

Good point. Today we walked :) it is literally a walk in the park frommy place to kindergarten so we will enjoy that instead. :)  

Edited by Paul Panait
Not complete
  • Upvote 2

On 11/2/2015, 10:08:38, micro said:

The Austrian importer (see here: http://en.iamips.com/contact.html) of IPS wrote me an E-mail where he states that http://www.iamips.com/ is the manufacturer and http://ipselectricunicycle.com/ is a reseller.

This would explain our "Tony"-advetures.

I think ipselectricunicycle is the manufacturer. His price is the factory price for sure. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I think ipselectricunicycle is the manufacturer. His price is the factory price for sure. :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure, but I think it has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums before that iamips is the original manufacturer site. Couldn't find the thread right now, though.

22 minutes ago, esaj said:

I don't know for sure, but I think it has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums before that iamips is the original manufacturer site. Couldn't find the thread right now, though.

I got a quote from both for the Zero 340 wh and ipselectricunicycle.com's price is lower by 90 USD. 

Edited by SlowMo

7 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I got a quote from both for the Zero 340 wh and ipsunicycle.com's price is lower by 90 USD. 

They could buy in bulk, have better deals for international shipping (for them, meaning cheaper), have lower margins etc... I got a Firewheel mainboard at almost half the price from a reseller vs. factory quote (for single piece). ;)

EDIT: Granted that the factory price was much higher mostly due to shipping & customs/import taxes, but I doubt the reseller has to pay as much per board if they order in bulk.

Edited by esaj

2 minutes ago, esaj said:

They could buy in bulk, have better deals for international shipping, have lower margins etc... I got a Firewheel mainboard at almost half the price from a reseller vs. factory quote (for single piece). ;)

I was just wondering. Why should the factory sell at a price which is 20% higher than the cheapest reseller. Isn't it supposed to be factory price? Iamaps's price is even higher compared to Taobao sellers. And when I asked if they have it in stock, they said they need to check with the factory.

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

I was just wondering. Why should the factory sell at a price which is 20% higher than the cheapest reseller. Isn't it supposed to be factory price? Iamaps's price is even higher compared to Taobao sellers. And when I asked if they have it in stock, they said they need to check with the factory.

Probably because the reseller could buy hundreds of units in one go, and thus get a single unit at a much lower price than when buying one at a time. "Checking from factory" could simply mean that the sales department is separate from the factory. Also, if you check http://en.iamips.com/about.html :

About IPS

Shanghai IPS Investment Co. Ltd is one of the first domestic integrated enterprise specialized in the Research and Development, manufacturing and marketing of the Self-Balancing Electric Unicycle. 7 years' study finally completes the R&D of the key technology and IPS has already obtained a number of core technology patents in self-balancing industry. It even used to be reported by CCTV, a famous TV channel in China. It surely is the leader of the same industry.

1 minute ago, esaj said:

Probably because the reseller could buy hundreds of units in one go, and thus get a single unit at a much lower price than when buying one at a time. "Checking from factory" could simply mean that the sales department is separate from the factory. Also, if you check http://en.iamips.com/about.html :

About IPS

Shanghai IPS Investment Co. Ltd is one of the first domestic integrated enterprise specialized in the Research and Development, manufacturing and marketing of the Self-Balancing Electric Unicycle. 7 years' study finally completes the R&D of the key technology and IPS has already obtained a number of core technology patents in self-balancing industry. It even used to be reported by CCTV, a famous TV channel in China. It surely is the leader of the same industry.

Funny but here's the about page of IPS Electric Unicycle::D

IPS Electric Unicycle

IPS Electric Unicycle Co., Ltd. is the first domestic integrated enterprise that specializes in the development, research, manufacture, and 

marketing of Self Balancing Electric Unicycle. We are the first company in China to have achieved a number of national technology patents 

by mastering the core patent technology of the Self Balancing System. We did this after prolonged and heavy research and development of 

Self Balancing Systems and unicycle electric scooters. Over the past few years, we have successfully built a network of dealers and agents, 

all across the country. In addition to that, we have also tapped into the lucrative markets overseas such as UK, Germany, Austria, and Singapore. 

Our agent and dealers network include hundreds of dedicated individuals, working day and night to provide you with the best service and products. 

Due to our combined efforts, our monthly combined sales exceed 5000 units, across the globe.

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

IPS Electric Unicycle

IPS Electric Unicycle Co., Ltd. is the first domestic integrated enterprise that specializes in the development, research, manufacture, and 

marketing of Self Balancing Electric Unicycle. We are the first company in China...

I think @Jason McNeil is the best person to answer this, as I believe he has direct contact to the IPS factory. Jason, do you know which is the "real" manufacturer site? Or is it even either of those? :D 

An enlightened manufacturer supports its distributors. That is, in case you can buy from the manufacturer (mostly you cannot, as in our case), you have to pay more than to the average distributor (I am distributor for inverters).

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

IPS Electric Unicycle

marketing of Self Balancing Electric Unicycle....

That's hilarious! I helped 'official' IPS write this up last year for a trade show in Hong Kong, then IPS Electric Unicycles have done the typical wholesale appropriation of the others materials because their incapable of writing anything original themselves. 

@SlowMoYou should know better than to doubt @esaj, few are more scrupulous about their fact checking  ;)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's hilarious! I helped 'official' IPS write this up last year for a trade show in Hong Kong, then IPS Electric Unicycles have done the typical wholesale appropriation of the others materials because their incapable of writing anything original themselves. 

@SlowMoYou should know better than to doubt @esaj, few are more scrupulous about their fact checking  ;)

Thanks @esaj and @Jason McNeil !

Just placed an order with the official IPS store. Guess who.:D

Hello, we have received your payment of $XXX, we'll produce it today and will have a tracking# on next monday I guess.
Thanks for your support in IPS.

Best regards
Official IPS Store
Edited by SlowMo