IPS ZERO

John Eucist

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

High speed unlocked. It is more comfortable now because pedals are not annoying me as much as earlier. That's great. Anyway, on the sport mode zero is lauder than on the comfort mode. 

Good job! Keep those reviews going. We need to see the endurance of this machine. :D

8 hours ago, micro said:

with your telephone?

Is this item only to be used after a repair?

Yes, I reset it with the app. You can reset the balance adjustment whenever you want, but I'm not sure why you would. It's not a feature specifically for repairs.

I had this terrible idea: maybe if you set it to balance a little bit forward, then tiltback will bring you to a level incline? That's a dangerous idea.

On October 28, 2015 at 8:41:18 AM, Edgar Pons Forn said:

I can't connect the Monocycle with the Official App.

Any solution? How do you control and see the speed of your IPS Zero?

Me neither .... did you finally get it connected ?

I'm on IOS, and it can't see the device ... I don't get it !

should I buy an android phone or what  ? :)

how did you do ?

Edited by Pagsy

I just ordered mine first electric unicycle at electricunicycleonline. Bought the ips zero 14 inch with 260wh battery. I have read all the reviews about it, seen every video of it and read every post of it on this forum. Some ppl say that the communication between this company was very hard. But i mailed and directly the next day i got a awnser. Yes i have chinese roots but i wrote in English and i am not a friend of them or a company worker to praise this company. 

Mine first experience was with a airwheel x3.a client came for dinner at mine shop and a part timer was interested in the unicycle. So she got to ride it with the clients help. Then a few days passes and he came again with his x3. So i kinda regret saying no to the first time if i wanted  to ride/test the x3. So i was talking with him about it and got a invite again. This time i dont say no. Have played a few minutes with his help and it was fun but hard to keep balance and very hard for the legs without cramping. 

Now i cant wait till i have mine  own and practice. 

Will keep you ppl updated about mine shipping if ppl want to know. 

8 hours ago, Pagsy said:

Me neither .... did you finally get it connected ?

I'm on IOS, and it can't see the device ... I don't get it !

should I buy an android phone or what  ? :)

how did you do ?

I have iOS too and it works fine. Make sure you are using the "iamips" app:

IamIPS by Magic App Studio: https://appsto.re/us/JT_n-.i

Edited by csmyers

7 hours ago, triad88 said:

electricunicycleonline ... Some ppl say that the communication between this company was very hard. But i mailed and directly the next day i got a awnser.

This and our celebrated Tony are resellers. They are content when they can process orders. They are not really responsible for technical issues.

This could be a task for native Mandarin speakers in this community. You could help me a lot if you could get an answer on the question how IPS handles the shutdown issue.

Addresses I found out so far:

Shanghai IPS Investment Co.Ltd
Add: 102, 1/F, Yaojiang Internation Plaza, 308 Wusong Rd, Shanghai, China
Zip Code: 200080
Tel: 86-021-61728335
Mail: service@iamips.com (this address does not work)

suka@iamips.com.cn (the address that is used by an IPS distributor (who told me that they will not respond...))

runrui.meng@iamips.com (cited from SlowMo in this thread)

On 12/11/2015, 08:05:00, micro said:

This and our celebrated Tony are resellers. They are content when they can process orders. They are not really responsible for technical issues.

This could be a task for native Mandarin speakers in this community. You could help me a lot if you could get an answer on the question how IPS handles the shutdown issue.

Addresses I found out so far:

Shanghai IPS Investment Co.Ltd
Add: 102, 1/F, Yaojiang Internation Plaza, 308 Wusong Rd, Shanghai, China
Zip Code: 200080
Tel: 86-021-61728335
Mail: service@iamips.com (this address does not work)

suka@iamips.com.cn (the address that is used by an IPS distributor (who told me that they will not respond...))

runrui.meng@iamips.com (cited from SlowMo in this thread)

Sorry,  i speak a Cantonese. thats a other dialect. Also i am born in the Netherlands and can't write or read chinese. Cantonese thats what ppl talk in hong kong. 

Kinda sucks that they laughed as you could have been hurt!

Knowing the little that I do after only 3 sesions I would never laugh at someone falling for any reason!

If anything asking, ARE YOU OK!

I, as well as others I am sure are very interested to know what happened.

Did you "slip" on something?

On my very first outing I "slipped" turning on a stainless steel slippery pole hole cover that was about 20 cm in diameter.

Please let us know if and when you do?

UKJ

Edited by UKJ
missing content
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Can anybody explain this?

I did not hit anything but is just a bit uphill. I was accelating and did not over lean. You can hear also the little grinding noise that I was talking about. 

How did you exclude over leaning as the reason?

1 hour ago, Paul Panait said:

Can anybody explain this?

I did not hit anything but is just a bit uphill. I was accelating and did not over lean. You can hear also the little grinding noise that I was talking about. 

That made a weird sound ! 

I hope you are ok! 

So FYI, I unlocked my IPS 340wh.

under 40%, I tested the max speed and around 26kph, I leaned a bit more and the wheel just started to tilt forward ( that was my sensation, but I actually think that it just put the pedal back to flat) and to prepare to stop I guess...  But It got me running off the device... It didn't cut off.

on another acceleration test, at around 20kph, it did the same,  I tried to run off but I fell (almost face plant), thankfully I had all protection. I think I "overleaned" :)

I'm not a fan of speeding with eucs so it is fine ....now I know the limit of it.

i can safely ride at about 22-24kph with smooth accelerations.

what level was the battery when it happened !??

Wear protections and safe ride for you all!

Hi

I have not got hurt specially because I had no speed. 

I did not over lean because I was accelerating from legs and not with the whole body 

I still think that is because of the battery size that can't sustain a fast accelerating. And I believe that because it can happen to ride for 3 km at 22kph average speed and then is no battery left is drained to 9% and stops but if I leave it off for couple of minutes I have again battery around 40% and go again. 

I need to put some proper protection gear on and test this and film it. Need to get a camera that can take a beating first. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

I need to put some proper protection gear on and test this and film it. Need to get a camera that can take a beating first. 

I guess you could recreate it relatively safe on grass as long as you have safety gear on.

Or here is an idea, bring it to the gym early/late and do it on the treadmill (Not standing on it:D) . Then you can adjust speed and incline.

Edited by Viktiga

12 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Hi

I have not got hurt specially because I had no speed. 

I did not over lean because I was accelerating from legs and not with the whole body 

I still think that is because of the battery size that can't sustain a fast accelerating.

AFAIK that's what we call over leaning, when the wheel cannot deliver the acceleration the driver was asking for. 

FTR: there is just one way to accelerate a unicycle: by having the ground contact point placed behind the center of mass (of driver and wheel). The larger the discrepancy between ground contact point and center of mass, the faster is the acceleration (as long as the wheel can deliver the power).

43 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

I still think that is because of the battery size that can't sustain a fast accelerating. And I believe that because it can happen to ride for 3 km at 22kph average speed and then is no battery left is drained to 9% and stops but if I leave it off for couple of minutes I have again battery around 40% and go again. 

I was reading into this issue before. I think it's the phenomenon called "voltage sag", which occurs with all batteries and all unicycles. It might be exacerbated by your smaller battery. I know I get significant voltage sage after riding up bigger hills, where the app reports I have sometimes even less than 10% battery by the time I get to the top. Waiting a few minutes for the voltage to return solves the problem.

So what could be happening is the voltage drops after drawing current for a long time from the batteries, and this drop in voltage limits the amount of torque the motor can sustain. When you try to accelerate, the battery can't keep up and you fall.

As for the grinding, I have no idea, except it sounds like part of the shell is rubbing against the tire.