IPS ZERO

John Eucist

Hi All,

How are you placing your orders for the Zero?

Yesterday I emailed manager@ipselectricunicycle.com and have not yet received a reply. Just wondering if you are going about it a different way.

Thanks

yesterger@ipseyelectricunicycle.com

51 minutes ago, avpx1 said:

Hi All,

Yesterday I emailed manager@ipselectricunicycle.com and have not yet received a reply. Just wondering if you are going about it a different way.

Thanks

Try to send amessage to

runrui.meng@iamips.com

51 minutes ago, avpx1 said:

Hi All,

Thanks

I would neither order from ipselectricunicycle nor the ZERO.

Yesterday, I was riding on comfort mode up to the hill, fighting with strong wind and on the halfway my unicycle slow down and finally stopped. I changed mode from comfort to sport and I managed the rest of the way without any problems. That's the huge difference between those two modes. Personally, I prefer comfort mode. Relax, no rush, enjoy the other's people faces...

I did 15km yesterday including climbing to 15 hills 200m long each with very strong wind against me. 

Battery: still 50%, my weight 85kg (13.38 stone), 188cm (6.2 feet) high.

• Upvote 1

When I was riding on comfort mode up to the hill I tried to lean forward. At the same time both pedals tilted back... That was very uncomfortable,  I felt like a ski jumper for a while. 

7 minutes ago, Volker Behrends said:

In the firmware 4.1.2 you can kind of disable the Leds. If you ride with the atmosphere light settings there will only be a brake light. When standing still it will still show battery level.

Thank You. 

First warning signal - 12 km/h, continuously warning signal - 17 km/h

After I did total milage 30 km yesterday warning signals disappeared. Hmmm... Also, my wheel feels much stronger, faster and pedals are not going back as earlier. I checked app, available speed 12 or 20km/h.

Edited by Bob

Update: 

My unicycle is working again!

Huge thanks to Tony for helping me get this thing fixed. He worked as the middleman and the translator between me and the IPS engineers. Thanks to everyone on the forums, too.

If anybody needs help troubleshooting, don't hesitate to send me a message!

Oh, yeah, I also unplugged the beeper. The tiltback is mild enough that it indicates very well when I'm approaching the limits.

Edited by csmyers
  • Upvote 3

Today I had my second face plant. I rode the ips zero 130wh for +100km now. 

I have it on film :)

Enjoy :) 

https://youtu.be/YDeiKpFy9wI

First time happens when in straight line I have accelerate to full speed very fast. Now it happen because I was going uphill and tried to accelerate faster then usual. The battery level was under 50%  

Now I know that for the small battery it is very important to accelerate easy and not at once trying to sprint. In that case the wheel dies on you for 1 sec making a grinding noise and the tilt back doesn't kick in fast enough to let you know that you are over leaning or reached the limits. The processor is 2 seconds to slow in that matter. Sometime that's to long and enough for it to fall. 

Maybe this is an issue that applies only for the 130Wh model. However I'm super happy for it and the flexibility I have with it through the airport/ any airport is amazing. 

Edited by Paul Panait
Add video link

5 hours ago, csmyers said:

Update: 

My unicycle is working again!

Huge thanks to Tony for helping me get this thing fixed. He worked as the middleman and the translator between me and the IPS engineers. Thanks to everyone on the forums, too.

If anybody needs help troubleshooting, don't hesitate to send me a message!

Oh, yeah, I also unplugged the beeper. The tiltback is mild enough that it indicates very well when I'm approaching the limits.

how did you fix it?

7 hours ago, Volker Behrends said:

how did you fix it?

Tony sent me a new control board and helped me through the installation. The trick was resetting the balance adjustment, which unfortunately took a couple weeks for us to figure out...

9 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

Now I know that for the small battery it is very important to accelerate easy and not at once trying to sprint. In that case the wheel dies on you for 1 sec making a grinding noise and the tilt back doesn't kick in fast enough to let you know that you are over leaning or reached the limits.

This is an issue that I still do not understand.

The designer has two options to challenge the over leaning case : Either shutdown of any kind, or the control takes the battery as is and the PWM of the cotrol jumps up to 100% (then it would not be reasonable as to waste power for tilt backs). Over leaning is identically to a blocked wheel, right? If you are blocking a thrill it makes a "grinding" noise, too.

This should happen no matter what the motor power or the battery resistance is. It simply changes the limits of the game. With a weaker drive you are falling softer, if you have a very powerful drive and which give you more than 50A at 60V you are falling harder.

9 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

Today I had my second face plant. I rode the ips zero 130wh for +100km now. 

First time happens when in straight line I have accelerate to full speed very fast. Now it happen because I was going uphill and tried to accelerate faster then usual. The battery level was under 50%  

Now I know that for the small battery it is very important to accelerate easy and not at once trying to sprint. In that case the wheel dies on you for 1 sec making a grinding noise and the tilt back doesn't kick in fast enough to let you know that you are over leaning or reached the limits. The processor is 2 seconds to slow in that matter. Sometime that's to long and enough for it to fall. 

Maybe this is an issue that applies only for the 130Wh model. However I'm super happy for it and the flexibility I have with it through the airport/ any airport is amazing. 

It's not only a problem of battery, if you push too hard the wheel can't supply enough power to raise you upright.

Even on a kingsong with 800w and 680wh you can over leaning past 30km/h with a full battery. You must "learn" the limit of your wheel (protection strongly recommended :ph34r:) and keep a safety margin  if you don't want to kiss the road ;)

Edited by Philfree