IPS ZERO

John Eucist

quick test outside. Working fine except strange noises when riding above walking pace. Does anyone know this noise/how to fix it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlbGluoqus8

I hope this noise is not by design. :(  And I got my first scratch on the wheel.. tried curbs and had to step off...

Sound like there's something grinding inside. Maybe it will go away after some time?

Just completed my first pleasant 11km ride on the Zero :) It is comparable to the lhotz when riding on pavement, dirt and grass. It had no problem with my usual trail with moderate slopes and different surfaces. Climbing feels easier on the zero compared to the lhotz and the unmodified pedals provide more grip than my lhotz with added tape. I stopped after 11km because the app showed 16% left. Still a long way to unlock the 30 kph though.

Right now there is no way to disable the lights completely.. but one of the modes shows battery level.

Edited by Volker Behrends
  • Upvote 2

Did the noise go away?

Just completed my first pleasant 11km ride on the Zero :) It is comparable to the lhotz when riding on pavement, dirt and grass. It had no problem with my usual trail with moderate slopes and different surfaces. Climbing feels easier on the zero compared to the lhotz and the unmodified pedals provide more grip than my lhotz with added tape. I stopped after 11km because the app showed 16% left. Still a long way to unlock the 30 kph though.

Right now there is no way to disable the lights completely.. but one of the modes shows battery level.

Nice~ How is the build quality in-hand? And how is the acceleration/braking? (appreciate your responses!)

Build quality is solid except one pedal moves around slightly in its hinge. It is only noticable when unfolding the pedals.

Acceleration is great. I watched the power meter when accelerating hard and I had a hard time getting above 60%. But I had no problem overpowering it on braking. Very similar to the Lhotz. I tried a 35° short skateboard ramp and failed.. But I weigh 90kg with backpack and did not expect it to work :)

• Upvote 1

where did you guys buy the ips zero im seeing an site in the netherlands for 999,99 for the 260 one :o

i think i can get it way cheaper?

i got an ninebot one E but maybe willing to buy this one also.

Lars

Edited by Lars Heeneman

I got mine today! :3

Whats the learning curve on this? It's way harder than it looked in videos .-.? I still can't really ride it with holding on to something yet :C
It also didn't come with a US adapter ;--;

Eddie,  I got mine today and took it out for a run. My very first run on such a wheel. 

I can say that the EUC is not deemed for pictures anymore. But my ankles are fine, so I got that going for me. But just that. 2 hours later not a single place on the wheel with no scratches and it just feels like the wheel is not centred, IT'S ALIVE... 

• Upvote 1

where did you guys buy the ips zero im seeing an site in the netherlands for 999,99 for the 260 one :o

i think i can get it way cheaper?

i got an ninebot one E but maybe willing to buy this one also.

Lars

ipselectricunicycle.com. have emailed to manager@ipselectricunicycle.com, got a reply from a guy named Tony that tried to be as nice as he could considering that he has a very limited English and was selling a product that was not ready. 

I got the ips zero 130 for 450$ delivery included with fedex in 5 days. 

Payment by bank transfer. 

Let me know if need more details. 

Nice~ How is the build quality in-hand? And how is the acceleration/braking? (appreciate your responses!)

it seems a bit cheap. The pedals are aluminium since I have scratched them like a maniac in the past 2 hours. Also after hitting several walls the EUC got scratched instantly( expected, though) and a part in the front got dislocated but pushed back. Also the tyre is scratching the carcass like 1mm. 

I'll tell you more tomorrow on how it looks after other 2 hours. 

• Upvote 1

it seems a bit cheap. The pedals are aluminium since I have scratched them like a maniac in the past 2 hours. Also after hitting several walls the EUC got scratched instantly( expected, though) and a part in the front got dislocated but pushed back. Also the tyre is scratching the carcass like 1mm. 

I'll tell you more tomorrow on how it looks after other 2 hours. 

I advice you to protect you wheel with some rubber padding while getting familiar with it.

I visited the IPS factory on Wednesday:

IPS Zero Review On It's Way:

Had a chance to do some testing of the IPS Zero at the R&D facility. I'm pleased to report that it's really a very good eWheel. Some initial notes to share:
- Visually very attractive, IMO more so than the Ninebot
- Production version with the 32 cells is 10.4kg rather than the 9.3kg that was on the spec sheet—keep in mind this is 4kg less than a 9B1!
- Pedals have enough clearance, not prone to scraping on turns
- Motor feels powerful, but I think they dispensed with a number of poles to reduce motor component weight. The consequence is that while riding, it's not quite as perfectly smooth as existing designs—I doubt most people will notice this
- Took some keys to a 'test' Wheel to see how resistant the white shell is to scratches, it's pretty good
- Elegant practical handle for carrying
- Because of the design, trolley handles will NOT be compatible
- Mature/sophisticated App: Speed, battery capacity, power (in A), mood lighting (very similar to Ninebot), headlight (not great), ride mode (hard/soft) 
- Speed control 12/20kph. After 50km unlocks 30kph 
- All wheels will be supplied with soft side padding (see photo). I found it's fairly comfortable to ride with or without
- Perhaps the biggest oversight is the design of the charging port: at the moment, it's on the side near the pedal, with no cover to protect it from the elements. They say it will be improved...

More videos & photos to follow later on today.

the feedbacK of Jason seems legit to me :) 

Since he actually knows what he's talking about. :)

• Upvote 2

I visited the IPS factory on Wednesday:

IPS Zero Review On It's Way:

Had a chance to do some testing of the IPS Zero at the R&D facility. I'm pleased to report that it's really a very good eWheel. Some initial notes to share:
- Visually very attractive, IMO more so than the Ninebot
- Production version with the 32 cells is 10.4kg rather than the 9.3kg that was on the spec sheet—keep in mind this is 4kg less than a 9B1!
- Pedals have enough clearance, not prone to scraping on turns
- Motor feels powerful, but I think they dispensed with a number of poles to reduce motor component weight. The consequence is that while riding, it's not quite as perfectly smooth as existing designs—I doubt most people will notice this
- Took some keys to a 'test' Wheel to see how resistant the white shell is to scratches, it's pretty good
- Elegant practical handle for carrying
- Because of the design, trolley handles will NOT be compatible
- Mature/sophisticated App: Speed, battery capacity, power (in A), mood lighting (very similar to Ninebot), headlight (not great), ride mode (hard/soft) 
- Speed control 12/20kph. After 50km unlocks 30kph 
- All wheels will be supplied with soft side padding (see photo). I found it's fairly comfortable to ride with or without
- Perhaps the biggest oversight is the design of the charging port: at the moment, it's on the side near the pedal, with no cover to protect it from the elements. They say it will be improved...

More videos & photos to follow later on today.

maybe u saw mine, the 340wh that I didn't received yet ! That would be a very good news after almost 1month waiting for the FedEx tracking status  to change !!!