IPS ZERO

John Eucist

I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered a 260Wh version several days ago. These were all supposed to ship on the 28th, right?

I got tracking info but it says FedEx hasn't even received it yet, and it's nearing the end of the 28th PST...

Anyone else in the same boat?

Same, I have a feeling the scan just hasn't popped up yet. My other shipment with FedEx was shipped from New York, and then nothing for 2 days, and then all the sudden it departed the sorting facility in Los Angeles. So, hopefully that's the case :)!

When it is declared that the max power output is 1000 watts, what would then be the nominal power for this big boys toy?

In the meantime, China's national day celebrations starts from October 1 to 7. Most businesses including shipping companies will be closed just in case you wonder about delays.

Help needed. Can anybody confirm about the safety measure of this model regarding speeding? I had a long conversation with the IPS sales manager and he did not answer my question about tilt back. In the end he just said that I don't want to buy and I am asking too many stupid questions.

Help needed. Can anybody confirm about the safety measure of this model regarding speeding? I had a long conversation with the IPS sales manager and he did not answer my question about tilt back. In the end he just said that I don't want to buy and I am asking too many stupid questions.

Considering the quality of their products, you'd think they'd hire salespeople with a bit of a clue.

But isn't IPS  a reputable brand?

That's what I meant.  Much safer than the average too.

According to the specs list compiled by @esaj here, it does have tiltback and no scary BMS issues., though high-speed cut-off seems to not be absolutely confirmed one way or the other. 

In the meantime, China's national day celebrations starts from October 1 to 7. Most businesses including shipping companies will be closed just in case you wonder about delays.

I emailed Tony from ipselectricunicycle and he confirmed this was the case. Too bad they couldn't get them out a week earlier...

Edited by csmyers

Since we all got the trucking number on the 25th September we should have received the EUC before 1st of October so shouldn't have been affected by this. 

I'm I wrong? 

@Chrispy did you get your wheel today? 

Thanks 

I have a feeling that we were given the trucking numbers to 'appease' us but the packages themselves haven't moved yet. When you print a ups/fedex label to affix onto a package, a number gets created. i have a feeling we have anywhere from another week to two weeks before we see the package arrive. i hope i'm wrong but after being stiffed this many times, i wouldn't be surprised

That's what I meant.  Much safer than the average too.

According to the specs list compiled by @esaj here, it does have tiltback and no scary BMS issues., though high-speed cut-off seems to not be absolutely confirmed one way or the other. 

Don't trust those blindly, most of the data is compiled based on information here on the forums and elsewhere in the internet, manufacturer & reseller specs and previous experiences with same brands, and as nobody has really tested the Zero yet, we can't know anything for sure.

I have a feeling that we were given the trucking numbers to 'appease' us but the packages themselves haven't moved yet. When you print a ups/fedex label to affix onto a package, a number gets created. i have a feeling we have anywhere from another week to two weeks before we see the package arrive. i hope i'm wrong but after being stiffed this many times, i wouldn't be surprised

Then I guess that after tomorrow Tony will receive a lot of angry emails :) 

Not nice to put the hopes up and then have trashed them AGAIN :( 

Don't trust those blindly, most of the data is compiled based on information here on the forums and elsewhere in the internet, manufacturer & reseller specs and previous experiences with same brands, and as nobody has really tested the Zero yet, we can't know anything for sure.

Fair enough.  I personally doubt IPS are about the make their wheels more dangerous than the prior models we know about, but stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

This is what I received as reply from the other official seller of IPS:

"Sorry to let you know that zero is not available to be sold to international customers as we got to test it many times by Chinese customers then we can make sure it is good enough to open sold to international customers, pls kindly note.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your interest in IPS unicycle.
Wish you a good day.

Best regards
Shanghai IPS Investment Co.,ltd"

Coming back to NYC only next week so I didn't even check my tracking number but I expect the device to arrive early next week !

I don't know if Shangai IPS Investment Co is the official IPS manufacturer but if they don't want to distribute internationally, it looks like Tony from ipselectricunicycle.com takes care of it. and I could easily understand that he gets lots of orders that keeps him busy.

Then I guess that after tomorrow Tony will receive a lot of angry emails :) 

Not nice to put the hopes up and then have trashed them AGAIN :( 

I emailed Tony from ipselectricunicycle and he confirmed this was the case. Too bad they couldn't get them out a week earlier...

Here's my take on the situation: it's been a week since everyone got their tracking numbers, however the status has not changed once. I understand sometimes the status will stay frozen for a couple days but not once in a week? Come on, somethings not right here. The status has remained at "shipping label printed". Also, tomorrow is their national day from 10/1 - 10/7. This was a play to keep us at bay until their holiday and now that the holiday is here (tomorrow), they get another full week as an excuse to delay yet again.

I think the earliest anyone can expect to receive their unit is 2 weeks from today :angry: (honestly, I hope I'm wrong for everyones' sakes)

Seeing the delays and excuses KingSong gave to the ppl who ordered the KS 800W's from Kale's website leads me to believe this is somewhat common practice. Excuses and delays. I think this has been a good learning lesson for everyone: do not send money for units that aren't available!

Sigh, I'll be holding off on putting in an order for the GW MCM4's until they are truly "available"

Oh yea happy hump day everyone!

We should take Tony's message literally, our parcels are being transported by a truck.

There is a subtle difference between the release of a tracking number and a shipment...

I guess that the participants of the fund raising (see third post of this thread) will be served first. I was told that this program was exclusively for customers in China.

Certainly the IPS people were too optimistic. Or they simply do need the money. Regarding the procedure so far I guess we will not get our little toy before end of October.

Hi, 

Got news from Tony, 

Let me know if you get it, I didn't at first nor second or third....

Dear Paul,

Fedex will not be delivery after China national day holiday(October 1-7th)they will be updated after holiday at 8th October.
China airline control air delivery during national day holiday !
Best regards :) 

Not that I want to pile on the suspicion around here but at one point I was considering buying an IPS LHOTZ from Tony's website. I messaged Run, who works at the factory. Run emailed me telling me no retailers or sellers had stock of the LHOTZ at the moment.

When I asked Tony if he had stock later on he replied...'absolutely....delivery in four days' and told me to wire the money.

*shrugs*

I'm so close to retract my money, bleah

If I would have been told the truth fron the beggining I would have planned differently. 

It's annoying to work with this kind of people :(

I don't think we should do anything quite yet. Lots of people on this site have dealt positively with Tony before. In the end I'm confident we'll be getting our Zeros, this just seems to be the way foreign companies do business. 

Well, dealing with Tony, I immediately felt that when he said delivery in 5 days, I had to expect 6-8 weeks given the experiences from other people buying from China !

So I won't be angry right now yet.

They could mean it takes 5 days to leave the factory/shop, after that, it's up to the shipping companies/customs/etc? Many Aliexpress-shops state the order handling time + separate shipping time estimate.

At least here, the customs seem to take quite long, a few weeks ago, I had a packet coming to me from Germany. It left via air on wednesday, and after that, the tracking number showed nothing. Next monday, the tracking number started working in Posti's (Finnish postal service) systems, and showed that the order had arrived to country (probably on that same wednesday, as it's supposedly a direct flight), but hadn't moved anywhere from the airport (no mention if it was held by customs or what). In the end, it started moving on wednesday and arrived to me on thursday, so 8 days in transit, out which apparently about 7 days it was held at the airport  :mellow:  There are no customs duties between EU-countries, but I think the packets are still checked by the customs or whatever, and they sure don't keep any hurry with them...

Edited by esaj

Here is my exact conversation with IPS verbatim (its almost like they are just copying / pasting the same thing for everyone asking): 

[9/29/2015 6:44:36 PM] Chris Price: Hi there! Checking in on my order for IPS Zero. You sent trucking number, when does it leave factory?
[9/29/2015 6:46:08 PM] IPS Unicycle: Fedex will not be delivery after China national day holiday(October 1-7th)they will be updated after holiday.
China airline control air delivery during national day holiday !
[9/29/2015 6:48:42 PM] Chris Price: Oh, can you give to FedEx today?
[9/29/2015 6:49:38 PM] IPS Unicycle: we absolutely sent to Fedex office
[9/29/2015 6:49:53 PM] IPS Unicycle: but they did not delivery to airport

My issue being - I talked to FedEx and they claim they haven't received the shipment yet. 

I do believe I will get my order eventually. I do not believe that FedEx office has my item. 

Sooo - ill just wait patiently and slum it on my LHOTZ. :)

Edited by Chrispy