IPS ZERO

John Eucist

In the meantime (after this week's holidays in China) we could ask the IPS people whether they want to be regarded as a manufacturer of "safe" EUCs. I asked our celebrated Tony three times, but she does not love this question. I wonder whether some of you could ask him something alike.

I referred to this thread:
http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/478-brands-with-without-unexpected-shutdowns-new-buyers-look-here/
Less Dangerous:
IPS - Problem #2 has been documented in the forums.
(WHERE is that to be found in our forum?)

So my question is: Is the ZERO "less dangerous" or among the safest?

What I asked after her/his first rejection of my inquiry some two weeks ago was:
"In the thread there is a good explanation of the issue that I am talking about.
What you can see there is that the author argues the technology used by IPS and certain others are different in two aspects.
And you can see there is that none of the mentioned manufacturers had confirmed that so far.
Would you mind as to discuss this with one of your engineers?
The outcome could be only positive for you."

On this second and my third mail I did not get any response.

What I asked after her/his first rejection of my inquiry some two weeks ago was:
"In the thread there is a good explanation of the issue that I am talking about.
What you can see there is that the author argues the technology used by IPS and certain others are different in two aspects.
And you can see there is that none of the mentioned manufacturers had confirmed that so far.
Would you mind as to discuss this with one of your engineers?
The outcome could be only positive for you."

On this second and my third mail I did not get any response.

Your english would be too complicated for him. I tried asking a very simple question about speeding safety before buying and got a bad response. I think my mistake was I did not emphasize "30 km per hour"

Here's our conversation:

[25/09/2015 09:57:29 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't know what is your English mean
[25/09/2015 09:58:01 AM] S C: safety measure, tiltback= the pedal slowly rises tom prevent further speeding
[25/09/2015 09:58:24 AM] S C: cutoff= the power suddenly shuts down
[25/09/2015 09:58:52 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't know what you talking about
[25/09/2015 09:59:45 AM] S C: speeding at maximum 30km safety measure for the rider
[25/09/2015 10:01:49 AM] IPS Unicycle: 30KM is a big problem ?
[25/09/2015 10:01:58 AM] IPS Unicycle: what you want to know ?
[25/09/2015 10:02:29 AM] S C: if the unicycle power suddenly stops working above 30km
[25/09/2015 10:03:10 AM] IPS Unicycle: our unicycle don't have this problem
[25/09/2015 10:03:33 AM] S C: so the pedal will rise instead?
[25/09/2015 10:04:00 AM] IPS Unicycle: pedal rise /?
[25/09/2015 10:04:06 AM] IPS Unicycle: what you talking about
[25/09/2015 10:05:00 AM] S C: how can I explain.. its like what happens when your battery is very low
[25/09/2015 10:05:45 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't think you want to buy
[25/09/2015 10:05:52 AM] IPS Unicycle: you just want to know
[25/09/2015 10:06:14 AM] IPS Unicycle: you ask too many stupid questions
[25/09/2015 10:06:19 AM] S C: i am, I just want to get proper specifications first
[25/09/2015 10:07:21 AM] S C: it is not stupid , as a sales representative, you should know all the facts.
[25/09/2015 10:08:57 AM] IPS Unicycle: ahhah
[25/09/2015 10:09:16 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't have so much time to talking with this

Edited by SlowMo

It seems we're asking engineering questions from a sales guy. We're not likely to get the answers we want, unless we ask for Tony to refer us to an engineer. 

The IPS brand just isn't that well documented. However, we think the Zero/14x series is designed in-house from the ground up, right? Plus IPS is one of the oldest EUC companies. I'm fairly confident we can trust them, especially as shutdown issues haven't really been confirmed, especially as of recently...

just my two cents.

Your english would be too complicated for him. I tried asking a very simple question about speeding safety before buying and got a bad response. I think my mistake was I did not emphasize "30 km per hour"

Here's our conversation:

[25/09/2015 09:57:29 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't know what is your English mean
[25/09/2015 09:58:01 AM] S C: safety measure, tiltback= the pedal slowly rises tom prevent further speeding
[25/09/2015 09:58:24 AM] S C: cutoff= the power suddenly shuts down
[25/09/2015 09:58:52 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't know what you talking about
[25/09/2015 09:59:45 AM] S C: speeding at maximum 30km safety measure for the rider
[25/09/2015 10:01:49 AM] IPS Unicycle: 30KM is a big problem ?
[25/09/2015 10:01:58 AM] IPS Unicycle: what you want to know ?
[25/09/2015 10:02:29 AM] S C: if the unicycle power suddenly stops working above 30km
[25/09/2015 10:03:10 AM] IPS Unicycle: our unicycle don't have this problem
[25/09/2015 10:03:33 AM] S C: so the pedal will rise instead?
[25/09/2015 10:04:00 AM] IPS Unicycle: pedal rise /?
[25/09/2015 10:04:06 AM] IPS Unicycle: what you talking about
[25/09/2015 10:05:00 AM] S C: how can I explain.. its like what happens when your battery is very low
[25/09/2015 10:05:45 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't think you want to buy
[25/09/2015 10:05:52 AM] IPS Unicycle: you just want to know
[25/09/2015 10:06:19 AM] S C: i am, I just want to get proper specifications first
[25/09/2015 10:07:21 AM] S C: it is not stupid , as a sales representative, you should know all the facts.
[25/09/2015 10:08:57 AM] IPS Unicycle: ahhah
[25/09/2015 10:09:16 AM] IPS Unicycle: l don't have so much time to talking with this

that's some shitty customer service right there . Kinda disgusted that they're so hard on just selling and disregard everything else.

Well, they're sales reps, they are being asked to speak a second language they know just enough if to help you buy, they're being asked conpicated engineering questions without most people considering the ease of translation in their messages, and without English being your first language it's very difficult to express politrly that they really don't understand and it is otr of their scope to explain to you. It's still a bit rude but it's also really frustrsting to try to understand technical questions. In another language. 

That being said I'm sitting in the corner crying because apparently the words "September 30th" mean sometime after October 8th :( #buslife v...v

Edited by Eddie Carlton

Here's our conversation:

--snip--
--snip--

Wow.  That's when you place a huge order and get him all excited then "change your mind" at the last second.

Edited by RichieV
formatting

tracking updates from Fedex?

You must be kidding me. Zeros are in the factory, Tony printed only tracking labels. I wish get it in October. 

Anyway, it looks like IPS needs money. New product is not ready on market but You can pay for it. 

Someone said, that Zero's users should expect some problems because it is new. Hmmm. IPS is one of the eldest eu company on the market. Even if they are trying to create something new, they still have a huge experience with previous products.

Obviously, problems can happen (look 9bot1 upgrade software 1.2.6).

I'm trying to be patient.  Tony, where the f... is my eu! 

;)  

Edited by Bob

I wrote it could be possible they get problems they didnt expect since they started from "Zero" with the development (how true that really is, is the magic of marketing:P). Not that its guaranteed or people should expect it. ;) But then again every product has problems somewhere, be it a evolution of a existing one or totally new. Every change brings risks. But then no change also brings risks (see other Airwheels still sold new today with their 6yo design and specs)

The latest in the IPS Zero drama - I emailed Tony this morning

Me:

Tony,
The tracking number you gave me hasn't changed and FedEx says they haven't received any shipment. When are you sending out the shipments?
cleardot.gif
Response:
Dear John,
Fedex closed during China national day holiday they will updated 8th,October.
Best Regrads
  • Upvote 1

Tony's attitude stopped me from ordering the Zero. Just ordered a Ninebot One E+ with all the accessories I could think of like handlebar, parking stand, aluminium parking stand, purple side covers, front flash light, accessories holder and tube nozzle extension from Taobao including shipping to my country for CNY 5789 which is around USD 910.00. ETA 15 days max. 

• Upvote 1

Tony's attitude, and the likely fact that he lied to me, stopped me from ordering an LHOTZ, which I really wanted.

instead Im awaiting my e+.....not quite as fast perhaps but at least I know I won't have any problems with customer service/warranty/spare parts etc etc.

• Upvote 1

If i had a choice to go back, id probably get this instead Gotway MCM4 260wh 35km/h for $713 since the shop owner is a member of this forum :)
 the ZERO is beautiful but the wait wasnt worth it for me. But since it'll probably be shipping out in 2 days anyway, oh well :P.. No turning back now. I don't feel the need to get upset. Chinese sales people aren't gonna translate well into english it's tough. enough to communicate clearly. And I never expect anything to arrive on time from China XD especially unreleased products. sigh :/ Still #buslife.

Edited by Eddie Carlton
  • Upvote 1

The answer I got. Even when I mentioned that the holiday of China should have not affected me since I supposed to already have the wheel. 

Screenshot_2015-10-06-16-26-38.png

why were you already supposed to have the wheel? Feb. 28 was a ship date, not a delivery date. The national holiday closed most businesses for a week.

So sorry to hear this guys. Tony was great with me when I orderd the Lhotz 340 a few months ago. I wanted to see your reviews on the actual product but sorry to hear it has not arrived yet. Hope you can solve this soon and look forward to reading your first impressions! :)

• Upvote 1