IPS ZERO

John Eucist

I was originally planning to get a zero 260 but now I'm feeling even better in my choice to try something else. I ended up choosing a Dolphin one d5, and so far it's been a very good experience. Next up, probably a KS for my wife

Would you mind writing a (short) review of it sometime? With IPS, King Song, Gotway and Ninebot dominating the forums (of the "name-brands"), there isn't that much information about the "smaller big names", like F-Wheel, Fastwheel or even Rockwheel.

Edited by esaj

Would you mind writing a (short) review of it sometime? With IPS, King Song, Gotway and Ninebot dominating the forums (of the "name-brands"), there isn't that much information about the "smaller big names", like F-Wheel, Fastwheel or even Rockwheel.

Absolutely planning on it :-) just riding it a couple days before I prepare to attempt to give accurate information on the product 

Absolutely planning on it :-) just riding it a couple days before I prepare to attempt to give accurate information on the product 

Sure, no rush :)  Of course you need experience with the unit to review it... I rode the Firewheel around 700km before I felt I really knew it's good and bad sides, and could write a review.

Sure, no rush :)  Of course you need experience with the unit to review it... I rode the Firewheel around 700km before I felt I really knew it's good and bad sides, and could write a review.

That's commitment.  Bet it tried to kill you a good few times during that period...

That's commitment.  Bet it tried to kill you a good few times during that period...

There were some close calls, but the wheel was shunted already when I got it, so it never cut-out on me (with the original batteries, the current batteries are a whole another thing ;)). Hitting a bump at 25+km/h for example, and the wheel tilting & accelerating violently forwards was one of those... I fell on it exactly once during 1400+km, and that was just my own stupidity (going too fast over badly ground-frost deformed asphalt). Had one cut-out with the current custom-batteries, but that's a problem that I can sort over the winter (while also building internal structure out of metal, 3d-printing ABS battery/mainboard -casings etc. and a few other tricks... ;)).

• Upvote 1

I'm looking to buy my first EUC and I'm really glad I found this one! :) I couldn't find any other discussion of it anywhere else. I didn't know this community existed before!

I am trying to figure out if I should buy from 

Do you guys have any suggestion on what to do :)? And any advice you might have for a EUC scrub :D?

Edited by Eddie Carlton
  • Upvote 1

I'm looking to buy my first EUC and I'm really glad I found this one! :) I couldn't find any other discussion of it anywhere else. I didn't know this community existed before!

Do you guys have any suggestion on what to do :)? And any advice you might have for a EUC scrub :D?

if the mcm4 is anything like the quality of the msuper, I would go with that.  My msuper is just a blessing to ride.  So much power and rides like a dream.  

• Upvote 1

Don't know the answer here; however perhaps someone can shed a light on the big weight difference between the two: 9.3kg versus 12.8kg ! 

That is just strange: is the MCM4 perhaps of much more robust quality? Or is IPS just really good at shedding weight?  Anyone? 

Don't know the answer here; however perhaps someone can shed a light on the big weight difference between the two: 9.3kg versus 12.8kg !

OOOOOOoooo I didn't see that. While it kinda sucks having to take the bus to work right now, I might be willing to wait to save 10 lbs and $200. So long as the wait isn't too much longer :/

So is it safe to buy from the "
ipsunicycle" on skype and use bank transfer?

Edited by Eddie Carlton

That is just strange: is the MCM4 perhaps of much more robust quality? Or is IPS just really good at shedding weight?  Anyone? 

I think you'll find that much of the weight difference and cost difference is due to he battery size. Batteries are expensive and are bought in. The IPS only has 260wh which is a bit low for a high power high speed wheel. With the mcm you have the option of 680wh of batteries, and to be honest I wouldn't consider buying a fast 800w wheel with one of the smaller battery options due to the problems that small batteries have keeping up with the high power drain from the bigger motors.

Edited by Gimlet
  • Upvote 1

From the pictures of the Zero, I see it has "more" empty surface to get more scratches, easily. On the other hand that empty surface area is great for your own "branding". The super low clearance to ground is worrisome even for regular city use.

Yea, I'd be interested to see how the glossy plastic shell deals with regular use, just because of how it looks very susceptible to getting scratched to hell.

I just purchased the IPS Zero 260Wh from the contact through the ipsunicycle skype. Use T/T to send the money to their account and they said they would be shipping TODAY (Not the 28th). I should receive the tracking number today (China time), so I'll keep everyone updated :P 
# E U C - H Y P E