IPS ZERO

John Eucist

If you are still skeptical, you have at least 4 pawns on here who took the chance :P Though it all seems to be legit so far. Wait it out I'm sure we'll all report the success or rage about the failure :)
Also if you use Transferwise you save a ton of money .-. Way better than paying $50 to bank or WU to send $560 through this ($430+$130shipping)
Your first transfer is free as well. https://transferwise.com/u/1bcb74 I was not excited to almost have to pay $610 -.-

Check back on Sep30 when we all show off xD or cry...

@PinBallHero

If the transaction is legit? Yes it is, as in we paid an amount and then get something  in return. :)

However, what we will get and how good the device is, I can only hope for the best. 

I have made a bank transfer from Denmark since I have a nice assurance for my card transactions and if not legit I can retrieve them for a small amount of money. Also the transfer fee was around 7 $.

I will try to make a nice video inbox in but I'm afraid I will just rip the package and jump on it :) 

I'm a like a small Hulk around presents :)  

Also I'm curious of which price list did you get for them without the transport taxes?

And hey, it's 5 more days until we get them :))

I ordered it from ipselectricunicycle.com through the skype, I used This website to transfer https://transferwise.com/u/1bcb74 and got
@Paul
The quote I got was

[8/24/2015 11:50:56 PM] IPS Unicycle: IPS ZERO Shipping cost $130.00 send by Fedex express to USA will take 5days
[8/24/2015 11:51:40 PM] IPS Unicycle: ZERO-340 $550.00
[8/24/2015 11:51:57 PM] IPS Unicycle: ZERO-260 $430.00
[8/24/2015 11:52:05 PM] IPS Unicycle: ZERO-130 $340.00

Edited by Eddie Carlton
Copy paste from Skype

I've been following these posts for a while. Really glad to see that things seem to be working out. I really want to know what the new wheel is like so I know there are going to be many videos and reviews coming on 9/30 and 10/01. It's pretty exciting to watching a roll out of a new product. I hope it is as good as, or better than, it looks. 

Hi!

Been lurking around for awhile, looking for info about the new Monowheel Elite.

Link : http://monowheel.se/monowheel/

You dont need to know swedish to read the specs.

It took a while before i found out that the elite is a rebranded IPS Zero, but now i know.

I´m wondering about the 1000W motor, 360Wh battery and 16″ wheel

The thing is that it´s not on the market before end of october and that makes me to belive that the pic. that some posted in the begining of this tread (where there are 3 different models presented) is inaccurate (when it comes to the last model).

I might have missed something in this thread but there is only two models from IPS right now available for order (130 and 260)

Your thoughts about this ??

Hi!

Been lurking around for awhile, looking for info about the new Monowheel Elite.

Link : http://monowheel.se/monowheel/

You dont need to know swedish to read the specs.

It took a while before i found out that the elite is a rebranded IPS Zero, but now i know.

I´m wondering about the 1000W motor, 360Wh battery and 16″ wheel

The thing is that it´s not on the market before end of october and that makes me to belive that the pic. that some posted in the begining of this tread (where there are 3 different models presented) is inaccurate (when it comes to the last model).

I might have missed something in this thread but there is only two models from IPS right now available for order (130 and 260)

Your thoughts about this ??

They could have at least tried to stretch their logo so it wouldn't look so copy-pasted on top of the wheel-image ;)  Also, re-branding a quality brand like IPS is just stupid, although I know MonoWheels are rebranded IPS, people reading this forum might not make the connection and think they're some inferior rebranded generic, stupid move from the company.

• Upvote 1

No thoughts about the different specs. and the possibility of a 16" wheel and bigger motor and battery?

When it comes to logo position and company, i personally dont care.

I just want a company in Sweden that can help me i something happens

No thoughts about the different specs. and the possibility of a 16" wheel and bigger motor and battery?

Well, you could mail them and ask for details (and please tell us too, if you do). 

I could of course guess, if you like:

-The size is wrong, and it's really 14"
-They measured the size by the outer diameter of tire, not by the rim, and it's really 14"
-The specs are otherwise wrong, as 10.2kg weight for  16" 1000W motor sounds pretty low, although they could have used the 14" motor on a 16" rim
-The battery could easily be real, as you can go up to 420Wh with 32 cells (2 packs, 3.5Ah cells)
-The picture is wrong, and it's some other IPS-model
-It's a new 16" model exclusively built for Monowheel, or
-Monowheel gets a new 16" IPS-model for sale before it's made publicly available under IPS's own brand

Take your pick(s). ;)

A 340Wh version with 14" 1000W motor has already been announced, later in the first page of this thread:

IPS_Zero_specs.thumb.png.58799da977da98d

Edit:

About the battery sizes, they could be the same batteries as in the 340Wh -version of Zero. This is because usually the nominal voltages and pack sizes get rounded somewhat for the final values. For example, 2.9Ah cell in 16S2P:

Assuming 3.6V nominal voltage per cell:. 16 * 3.6 = 57.6V. 57.6V * 2.9Ah = 167,04Wh per pack, 2 packs = 334.08Wh
Assuming 3.7V nominal voltage per cell:. 16 * 3.7 = 59.2V. 59.2V * 2.9Ah =  171,68Wh per pack, 2 packs = 343.36Wh

Using the rounded 60V nominal voltage per pack, which seems to be the most common way: 60V * 2.9Ah = 174Wh per pack, 2 packs = 348Wh.

So most likely, at least the 340Wh Zero is using 2.9Ah cells.

To get closer to 360Wh, they could use 3.0Ah cells:

Assuming 3.6V nominal voltage per cell:. 16 * 3.6 = 57.6V. 57.6V * 3Ah = 172.8Wh per pack, 2 packs = 345.6Wh
Assuming 3.7V nominal voltage per cell:. 16 * 3.7 = 59.2V. 59.2V * 3Ah =  177.6Wh per pack, 2 packs = 355.2Wh

Using the rounded 60V nominal voltage per pack, which seems to be the most common way: 60V * 3Ah = 180Ah per pack, 2 packs = 360Wh.

That around 20Wh difference in nominal capacities is not going to matter that much in real life, it's about 1-2km more range, the power is pretty much the same, as that seem to be more up to the amount of packs than the capacity.

Edited by esaj

@minone

Hi

For me that looks exactly as a poor rebranded Ips zero that they never ever had in stock and the rebranding is by adding a logo on the original picture in paint. 

As a matter of fact I can see that we all hot the same price list regardless the country. 

So having that in mind I have paid in sek transport and EUC 130wh 3800sek.  take your case and for the 340wh model you will be paying 6000sek the bank taxes included for the transfer. Wich is 4000 less then the listed price. 

Ok, let's talk about the warranty, true you have up to 3 years in Sweden but for that difference you can get a brand new one and have parts for spare. Does it worth to buy it from Sweden? Anyway they take the right to send it to the manufacturer for service as they do with cellphones and that will still keep you waiting for a new EUC. 

@minone

Hi

For me that looks exactly as a poor rebranded Ips zero that they never ever had in stock and the rebranding is by adding a logo on the original picture in paint. 

As a matter of fact I can see that we all hot the same price list regardless the country. 

So having that in mind I have paid in sek transport and EUC 130wh 3800sek.  take your case and for the 340wh model you will be paying 6000sek the bank taxes included for the transfer. Wich is 4000 less then the listed price. 

Ok, let's talk about the warranty, true you have up to 3 years in Sweden but for that difference you can get a brand new one and have parts for spare. Does it worth to buy it from Sweden? Anyway they take the right to send it to the manufacturer for service as they do with cellphones and that will still keep you waiting for a new EUC. 

And also, what happens IF the Swedish company goes out of business? I mean if it was an IPS you could talk to them but if it's a rebranded version I'm not so sure they will offer any help. Any thoughts about that?

Yeah, but it is interesting that I can't find any app for IPS eu anywhere (app store for example). Hmmm.

Don't worry about the things...

I found this snippet on the IPS web site - "

NEW ! IPS self-balancing electric unicycle updated speed to 30Km/H Since September 2015,IPS unicycle including IPS121,IPS122,IPS132,IPS133.

those models APP would be available which manufactured from September 2015,Users use phone search “XIMA” will be connect.

So I searched  "Xima" and found the app for apple devices, I'm not sure if they have an "Android" app or weather they plan to have one in the future.

Here is a link for the app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xima/id952559975?mt=8

Screen capture of the app on the iTunes store

xima_app.thumb.png.23a69ae4dd30fb8b97fa9

So I searched  "Xima" and found the app for apple devices, I'm not sure if they have an "Android" app or weather they plan to have one in the future.

@Kevin got the Android-app from the seller of his IPS Xima:

Sure helped a lot with reverse-engineering their protocol ;)

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 2

And also, what happens IF the Swedish company goes out of business? I mean if it was an IPS you could talk to them but if it's a rebranded version I'm not so sure they will offer any help. Any thoughts about that?

For me its not a problem, i bought another brand.

I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered a 260Wh version several days ago. These were all supposed to ship on the 28th, right?

I got tracking info but it says FedEx hasn't even received it yet, and it's nearing the end of the 28th PST...

Anyone else in the same boat?