New firmware v 1.22

vido

1 hour ago, JB01 said:

From what I can tell there is a bunch of small issues with light, sound etc but at the same time it seems that they have quite successfully improved the general drive experience so it sounds like a winner after all. Think I'll wait a bit however until we have more feedback from the community, the version I have works just fine so I don't have any panic upgrading ;)

Since yesterday i am also on V1.22...driving KS18....

My Experience so far: Yes, the driving experience is a bit smoother...hard to describe, the Movements between pushing and braking are kind of better and i also have the Feeling the acceleration is faster....but that can also just come from the sunny, bright day :-)

But: I also have a new Sound Spektrum, when pushing hard on hills or hefty braking i got a new dizzling, crispling Sound in the Background....Not like the Standard Tinnitus Sound, more like a Sound like electricity flowing or sparkling! Just in the Background and only on hard manouvers....

Somebody else Hearing something like this?

Please...no more questions if i'm mad ;-)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Since yesterday i am also on V1.22...driving KS18....

My Experience so far: Yes, the driving experience is a bit smoother...hard to describe, the Movements between pushing and braking are kind of better and i also have the Feeling the acceleration is faster....but that can also just come from the sunny, bright day :-)

But: I also have a new Sound Spektrum, when pushing hard on hills or hefty braking i got a new dizzling, crispling Sound in the Background....Not like the Standard Tinnitus Sound, more like a Sound like electricity flowing or sparkling! Just in the Background and only on hard manouvers....

Somebody else Hearing something like this?

Please...no more questions if i'm mad ;-)

Yes, i can confirm the different noise. 

Also @vido noticed that.

2 hours ago, JB01 said:

I do however get some wobbling at higher speed and I was hoping to get rid of that but it might also be due to an inexperienced driver.

Hi. Can you describe this wobling? Is is back and forth (like wheel is kind of unbalanced), or is the wheel wobling/turning from side to side (kind of "fishtailing")?

41 minutes ago, Frode said:

Hi. Can you describe this wobling? Is is back and forth (like wheel is kind of unbalanced), or is the wheel wobling/turning from side to side (kind of "fishtailing")?

I would say it first throws to the right side then to the left etc. It's like it becomes a bit unstable and then get something similar to acoustic feedback meaning enforcing it's own movement until you slow down. On the other hand this might also come down to the physics of the wheel in itself. If you have some space between your feet and the wheel when you ride it's not so strange if it gets unstable. I rarely go above 25 due to this.

3 minutes ago, JB01 said:

I would say it first throws to the right side then to the left etc. It's like it becomes a bit unstable and then get something similar to acoustic feedback meaning enforcing it's own movement until you slow down. On the other hand this might also come down to the physics of the wheel in itself. If you have some space between your feet and the wheel when you ride it's not so strange if it gets unstable. I rarely go above 25 due to this.

It might be that you ar trying to hold the wheel to hard between your legs. Try to relax your leg and foot muscles, just standing relaxed on the foot boards. And keep your legs gently onto the side of the the upper part of the wheel. Free the wheel! The wheel neds to do small corrections to itself for every small obstacle it encounters. Just like a bicycle or motorcycle where you should not hold too hard onto the steering bar for it to be able to correct itself.

18 minutes ago, Frode said:

It might be that you ar trying to hold the wheel to hard between your legs. Try to relax your leg and foot muscles, just standing relaxed on the foot boards. And keep your legs gently onto the side of the the upper part of the wheel. Free the wheel! The wheel neds to do small corrections to itself for every small obstacle it encounters. Just like a bicycle or motorcycle where you should not hold too hard onto the steering bar for it to be able to correct itself.

Hmmm... that might just be right :) So the other problem that I have is that I can't go longer distances because I get so tired in/under my feet. 4-5 km is max. I also bend my knees and that becomes tiering as well. Managing to ride relaxed is in my personal development pipeline so maybe the wobbling goes away then as well.

1 hour ago, JB01 said:

If you are a new One wheel Driver...high Speed wobling is very common for them...

I also experienced that...it goes away after getting more experienced...With mor experience you did not even Need to touch the wheels Body anymore...just a question of time!

48 minutes ago, JB01 said:

Hmmm... that might just be right :) So the other problem that I have is that I can't go longer distances because I get so tired in/under my feet. 4-5 km is max. I also bend my knees and that becomes tiering as well. Managing to ride relaxed is in my personal development pipeline so maybe the wobbling goes away then as well.

Yip...really sounds like new Driver probs....at all the KS pedals are very comfortable...try a KS14...you will not even make  5km :-)

So just stay calm....with more experience it all becomes totally natural!!!

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

If you are a new One wheel Driver...high Speed wobling is very common for them...

I also experienced that...it goes away after getting more experienced...With mor experience you did not even Need to touch the wheels Body anymore...just a question of time!

Yip...really sounds like new Driver probs....at all the KS pedals are very comfortable...try a KS14...you will not even make  5km :-)

So just stay calm....with more experience it all becomes totally natural!!!

So if you go say 10 km with no breaks is it still comfortable and in that case how was it for you in the beginning and how long time did it take before you got eperienced enough to get rid of the foot pain?

54 minutes ago, JB01 said:

After i got really comfortable on the wheel (4 weeks-2 months) the bad Feelings on feet got away...i am commuting about 10km to work every day and have done longer trips without break also....

Are you able to move your feet while driving? I mean repositioning them whenever you want, on lets say 15-20kmh driving? If not....you are still in the learning Phase!

I remember from my first weeks, that i always avoided moving feet...because it always gets me near to a Crash! Later it is no Problem anymore...and IF you can do that, it is easy to Reposition your feet when they fall asleep or hurt.......

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

After i got really comfortable on the wheel (4 weeks-2 months) the bad Feelings on feet got away...i am commuting about 10km to work every day and have done longer trips without break also....

Are you able to move your feet while driving? I mean repositioning them whenever you want, on lets say 15-20kmh driving? If not....you are still in the learning Phase!

I remember from my first weeks, that i always avoided moving feet...because it always gets me near to a Crash! Later it is no Problem anymore...and IF you can do that, it is easy to Reposition your feet when they fall asleep or hurt.......

I can move my feet at speed but far away from safely so I think you're right in more training needed. I think relaxing is the key issue here. One problem is probably going to fast, better to only go as fast as I can while still being relaxed

3 minutes ago, JB01 said:

I can move my feet at speed but far away from safely so I think you're right in more training needed. I think relaxing is the key issue here. One problem is probably going to fast, better to only go as fast as I can while still being relaxed

Yip! Like i said...will all come with time..i have had this wobbling issue also (46 years non sporty guy) and now this is complete gone...

And now i even do not think anymore about repositioning my feet..just doing it! And i am now just about a half year riding....With 2 months that all was different :-)

2 hours ago, JB01 said:

So the other problem that I have is that I can't go longer distances because I get so tired in/under my feet. 4-5 km is max.

If will get better as you get more training. In the beginning it hurted badly under my feet after a couple of kilometers (I guess it does not help either that my weight is somewhere between 115 and 120 kg :lol:). Now I can ride at least 10 km without problem, and it only gets better and better with time (I got the wheel 7 weeks ago).

Riding on gravel road is good training against wobbling. At least it was for me. Try that (at fast walking speed in the beginning), and feel how the wheel changes behaviour when you harden and loosen the grip on to your wheel with your legs.

Mine came with 1.20.  As per the app I had about 1000km on that firmware.  My opinion would be to upgrade to 1.22.  The smoother ride is worth it.  I have about 15k on 1.22 now.

6 minutes ago, Jarrett Bowers said:

Can the firmware on the 800 Watt KS18 be upgraded? I'm on a very early version but the talk of a smoother ride makes me think that maybe I should upgrade if it's possible. 

Just check in the Kingsong NEW app if there's a firmware for you available. It will be checked automatically over the server if the version fits for you...

Which firmware are you using actually?

9 minutes ago, Jarrett Bowers said:

Can the firmware on the 800 Watt KS18 be upgraded? I'm on a very early version but the talk of a smoother ride makes me think that maybe I should upgrade if it's possible. 

I'm pretty sure the answer is no (as I also own an 800W KS18), but the best way is to open up the newer KingSong app ("kingsong-NEW" in the iOS App Store) and try yourself.

3 hours ago, Jarrett Bowers said:

It can be upgraded (offline) with a special USB stick. I'm trying to get KS to send us a couple of these so we can send out to our Customers... 

On ‎21‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 7:51 PM, HEC said:

So - have not rode it yet after upgrade to v1.22 but first few observations after brief check in the lobby:

- Haven't tested yet the distance calculation bug so atm status unknown

- The "white" LED flickering on side lights has improved a lot mainly in the Mode 3 though still present in Modes 1 + 2 (in same amount as in 1.18 or lower and that most likely down to serial addressing of RGB LEDs)

- The Flashing light mode bug in app is still present

- The AUX button bug introduced in v1.21 is still present so you can't control lights anymore

- The old bug from pre-1.21 firmwares is back so the wheel again doesn't remember the Light mode settings!

Last two bugs mean that you can't at use the wheel without mobile app if you require lights to be permanently on!

So once again rushed FW with zero testing from KS side :( I really DO wonder @OliverH if they have any clue of how the QA and software testing works??

I have become Feedback from KingSong Tina:

For the light mode remembering:

The board has limited Memory: If they do the "remember light" Thing...we will loose AUX button functionality completly!

(Thats perhaps why AUX works after powering on wheel, but not after using light Setting in the app)

So thats why they programmed this back....thats whatTina says me...(not totally correct programmed like it seams)....

She will ask the engineers for checking the "to much miles/km".....

Edit: Could also be a doubling of the value by wheellog - so this is unfortionately no "clean" error report for the developers ;( Details are discussed in the following posts...

Regarding the odometer/trip values. Yesterday my brother borrowed me his android to log a KS16 FW1.22 drive and there happened a nice hop in the travelled km's:

eCDBirI.png

In the data file the hop is 0,64 km within 30 ms while driving. Strangely it was a doubling of the value from 0,64 to 1,28 from one measurment to the next.

If @Jason McNeil or @tinawongcould forward this to the firmware developers this could maybe help them to eliminate this nasty cause?

Archived