New firmware v 1.22

vido

How accurate is the speed and odometer?

I ride 7.5 Km according the GPS while the app says i did 9,5 Km. Thats a lot of difference for a schort distance. So i wonder if the speedmeter is evenly inaccurate?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ponne said:

How accurate is the speed and odometer?

I ride 7.5 Km according the GPS while the app says i did 9,5 Km. Thats a lot of difference for a schort distance. So i wonder if the speedmeter is evenly inaccurate?

Speed if quite accurate on KS-16.I've tested it on multiply speed test signs (radars). The distance calculation has a massive bug in firmware. Pre 1.21 it was adding about 24-25% to real distance, post 1.20 it's adding even more, something between 27 and 36%. It even seems to be "floating" instead of fixed error as before :( 

• 3 weeks later...

I got strong experience partial yesterday with my KS18a + 1200W battery 1020Wh & V1.22 !  If I'm sitting  (I driving like a motorcycle : sitting I bows forvard and hands on knees as like support handlebars. Its very stable position in the fast driving and cornering !  ) and accelerates hard  to 42 km/h accidently and wheel wanted to throw me off four times  ( I've already noticed If I for sitting does I not understand the speed . Driving while sitting I seems less speed ) ! 

In the settings warning beeping I was 37 km/h and the rocker speed of 40 km/h .  The first I heard the beep beep beep beep and wheel leaned forward as if turned off . Then, very suddenly and very strongly very fast, tilt the rear !!  So this to do four times in a row ;before it reached the rate speed of decrease !  It was a horrible feeling !!!

it seems that the besiegers for strong accelerating up to rocker speed , it first switches off and then on again and then travels rapidly front and very rapidly raises the leg !!!

He did it at 42 km h with such force that it seemed that the bike can dump 60kmh ride ( My weigh 90 kg and a length of 1,91m ) !!!   It seemed that I was rodeo ! :D

( My apologies, I write over the google translation ) :)

7 hours ago, Raptor said:

I got strong experience partial yesterday with my KS18a + 1200W battery 1020Wh & V1.22 !  If I'm sitting  (I driving like a motorcycle : sitting I bows forvard and hands on knees as like support handlebars. Its very stable position in the fast driving and cornering !  ) and accelerates hard  to 42 km/h accidently and wheel wanted to throw me off four times  ( I've already noticed If I for sitting does I not understand the speed . Driving while sitting I seems less speed ) ! 

In the settings warning beeping I was 37 km/h and the rocker speed of 40 km/h .  The first I heard the beep beep beep beep and wheel leaned forward as if turned off . Then, very suddenly and very strongly very fast, tilt the rear !!  So this to do four times in a row ;before it reached the rate speed of decrease !  It was a horrible feeling !!!

it seems that the besiegers for strong accelerating up to rocker speed , it first switches off and then on again and then travels rapidly front and very rapidly raises the leg !!!

He did it at 42 km h with such force that it seemed that the bike can dump 60kmh ride ( My weigh 90 kg and a length of 1,91m ) !!!   It seemed that I was rodeo ! :D

At what batterie level have you been???

pay attention! the kS18 1200W can NOT deliver 40kmh over the complete batterie range!!!

try to test "lift cut speed" at different batterie level, to get a feeling what YOUR kS18 can do!

Mself i would not recommend to go 40kmh under 70-75%

with 1.22 there is even at 40-50% batterie a max speed\beeps/tiltback implemented at maximum 30kmh!!

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

At what batterie level have you been???

pay attention! the kS18 1200W can NOT deliver 40kmh over the complete batterie range!!!

try to test "lift cut speed" at different batterie level, to get a feeling what YOUR kS18 can do!

Mself i would not recommend to go 40kmh under 70-75%

with 1.22 there is even at 40-50% batterie a max speed\beeps/tiltback implemented at maximum 30kmh!!

Battery was just charged 100% and lift cut speed 48,8km/h ! I did too hard accelerated  to limit ! But I do not understand why wheel did trhow  me first to front and then behind ( lifted rocker ) ?

21 hours ago, Raptor said:

Battery was just charged 100% and lift cut speed 48,8km/h ! I did too hard accelerated  to limit ! But I do not understand why wheel did trhow  me first to front and then behind ( lifted rocker ) ?

that is a clear sign that you were very very near to a cut Off! wheel was near collapse....

48kmh lift off speed does not mean 48kmh with your weight! you have at least to minus minimum!! 5-8 kmh to still be safe....then one little bump and you are flying.....

On 2016-09-16 at 9:35 AM, Raptor said:

Hi

Have had almost the same experience on my KS16 ver 1.22.

Was accelerating (to) fast and felt the "rocketspeed" turn in ("Ollie speed" tiltback is at 30km/h) and then 1 or 2 seconds after (still accelerating) it made a very powerful tiltback, then it felt like in neutral (no power) and when the ECU came up in level, it started to balance again.
I think there is a extra
safety measure when approaching to far above rocket speed.

Tiltback was at 30km/h (max for KS16) and my max speed by app was 37,4 km/h.

Havn't tried this again because it was a rather unpleasant experience, but clearly better than faceplate.

/Thomas

Archived