Begode ET MAX Announcement

Sorry to hear it, Raptor. I don't have an ET Max, but it is still very surprising to hear that you got a couple of rides since the update and only THEN did the machine not work, and we should at least consider the possibility that this new problem is not the result of the update. Does anything happen at all when you hit the power button now ? Is the display on for example ? Can any app connect to it now ? If there seems to be no power going anywhere after you power up that sounds like it could be a faulty power button.

Obviously you have to contact your dealer and / or Begode directly for warranty investigation, but they are usually very good about dealing with Batch 1 repairs and replacements so I would have some confidence in them when this is reported.

I just had the opportunity to interview NYC rider Turbo who already has 1,500 miles on the ET Max and he shares his thoughts on this awesome wheel 
Check it out , 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I could not find info about this and sorry in advance if I what I am asking has been answered before. But does anyone know which knobby tires are good fit for the ET Max?

4 hours ago, jugon666 said:

Hi, I could not find info about this and sorry in advance if I what I am asking has been answered before. But does anyone know which knobby tires are good fit for the ET Max?

Have you ridden an ET Max before, and are you planning to buy one? And are you planning to ride off-road?

On 4/27/2024 at 3:33 PM, Cerbera said:

You could change the ride mode to soft or medium, which should make that feel easier.

I’m on *hard mode since I got the wheel because I thought the *medium or *soft will just make sort of delay while accelerate?

Am I wrong then…

Will the *medium mode improve the whole aspect of moving the wheel easier as well..?

Firmware updates are best done via EUC World which allows you to resume if they fail, but not having an ET Max myself I don't know the numbers or if EUCW supports the model yet.

I’ve never managed to check updates through EUC World, this option is dimmed on the screen, it doesn’t scan for updates, doing nothing on my screen, it’s there, but can’t do anything..?

How can I make it work please?

What I’m doing wrong my friend?

23 hours ago, PogArtTi said:

I’ve never managed to check updates through EUC World, this option is dimmed on the screen, it doesn’t scan for updates, doing nothing on my screen, it’s there, but can’t do anything..?

Did you log in the app? Do you have an account?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phatmike said:

Did you log in the app? Do you have an account?

Yes my friend, I’m using EUC World since I got the wheel.

It’s always like the picture shows.

I was advised to put the wheel on its front or on its back for firmware updating (EUC World) ~ nothing happened.

I did create account on BEGODE app just to check firmware update.

Hopefully I got confirmation that I have latest firmware, so I have deleted the BEGODE app.

But because of this trouble, every time an then I’ll have to use BEGODE app for updates.

If I’m doing something wrong to make it work ~ I’m not aware what’s causing the problem…

IMG_1659.jpeg

Edited by PogArtTi

On 5/27/2024 at 4:43 PM, techyiam said:

Have you ridden an ET Max before, and are you planning to buy one? And are you planning to ride off-road?

Hi, yes I am considering in getting a Begode ET MAX, I have never owned a begode so I think this would be a good first timer. I like knobbies (coming from a Sherman S) and I like going over dirt trails (I am aware that is not the specialty for the ET Max, but definitely street tire would not help it either) so that is my main motivation. What do you guys think and recommend?

12 hours ago, jugon666 said:

Hi, yes I am considering in getting a Begode ET MAX, I have never owned a begode so I think this would be a good first timer. I like knobbies (coming from a Sherman S) and I like going over dirt trails (I am aware that is not the specialty for the ET Max, but definitely street tire would not help it either) so that is my main motivation. What do you guys think and recommend?

I don't own an ET Max; I just briefly rode it in a parking lot setting on a coned-track. For me, it felt different than any wheel I have ridden. I went there on my Abrams. Even then, the ET Max felt like a high effort wheel to ride. Mind you, if felt relatively agile. The EX30 in comparison was a lot easier to ride. However, it depends on one's size and weight, background, and skill level. I just thought for off-roading, there are easier to ride wheels available. Like many have said, the Lynx is more of an all-rounder euc. Whereas, the ET Max more specialized for high speed type of riding, and most likely won't standout from other wheels in other areas.

But if you only going to ride basic trails, perhaps you will find it OK with it. To me, it is just that before getting an ET Max, it is best to test ride it first, if possible.

As for knobby tire, generally, the two tires that have been raved about are the Shinko 241, and the Shinko 244. However, I haven't read anything on the ET Max and knobby tires.

If you are in Sweden, why the ET Max? Aren't the laws and enforcement getting more stringent on euc's?

But if you are a big heavy guy, yeah, then it doesn't matter how big and heavy a wheel you ride.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

I don't own an ET Max; I just briefly rode it in a parking lot setting on a coned-track. For me, it felt different than any wheel I have ridden. I went there on my Abrams. Even then, the ET Max felt like a high effort wheel to ride. Mind you, if felt relatively agile. The EX30 in comparison was a lot easier to ride. However, it depends on one's size and weight, background, and skill level. I just thought for off-roading, there are easier to ride wheels available. Like many have said, the Lynx is more of an all-rounder euc. Whereas, the ET Max more specialized for high speed type of riding, and most likely won't standout from other wheels in other areas.

But if you only going to ride basic trails, perhaps you will find it OK with it. To me, it is just that before getting an ET Max, it is best to test ride it first, if possible.

As for knobby tire, generally, the two tires that have been raved about are the Shinko 241, and the Shinko 244. However, I haven't read anything on the ET Max and knobby tires.

If you are in Sweden, why the ET Max? Aren't the laws and enforcement getting more stringent on euc's?

But if you are a big heavy guy, yeah, then it doesn't matter how big and heavy a wheel you ride.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I will keep those in mind ✌️

• Like 1

does someone has measured real travel on this wheel, i mean travel on tubes?

some range comparison with other wheels owned ?

Posted (edited)

110mm, maybe 114 with weight hitting both bumpstops.  I just prototyped an X link and man, did they change everything compared to the Extreme.  You would think, about the same amount travel, should be the same design.....nope.  Even went to a 10mm upper frame suspension bolt but its in double shear so perfectly fine. 

Edited by Vince.Fab
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vince.Fab said:

110mm, maybe 114 with weight hitting both bumpstops.  I just prototyped an X link and man, did they change everything compared to the Extreme.  You would think, about the same amount travel, should be the same design.....nope.  Even went to a 10mm upper frame suspension bolt but its in double shear so perfectly fine. 

how much included the rubber ring on top ? 120mm ?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Vince.Fab said:

110mm, maybe 114 with weight hitting both bumpstops. 

It's unbelievable that all the ET-Max owners don't complain or  they are all to stupid to check check the suspension travel? 

OK, 110mm is great, because it's a street wheel, but it's a damn lie!

123mm is not 130mm!

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

It's unbelievable that all the ET-Max owners don't complain or  they are all to stupid to check check the suspension travel? 

OK, 110mm is great, because it's a street wheel, but it's a damn lie!

123mm is not 130mm!

No wheel on the market advertise real numbers 😂

Btw 123mm is good once tuned 👍

Extreme has a real 125mm 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EMA said:

No wheel on the market advertise real numbers 😂

Btw 123mm is good once tuned 👍

Extreme has a real 125mm 

Truth.  It's interesting to feel the difference between 90 and 123mm as well.   That last inch of travel can make a huge difference especially with a progressive X link.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

😐20240420_192913.thumb.jpg.e4f2940fd2fc48ee7f9b1cafae982cdb.jpg

Does anyone know how to adjust the voltage of the Begode ET Max charger to a higher level? At the moment, the factory setting is only 166V!

2 hours ago, Raptor said:

😐20240420_192913.thumb.jpg.e4f2940fd2fc48ee7f9b1cafae982cdb.jpg

Does anyone know how to adjust the voltage of the Begode ET Max charger to a higher level? At the moment, the factory setting is only 166V!

Maybe on purpose? That puts the cells at 4.15V per cell which is said to prolong cell life by quite a bit, the first 10% of charge when charging to 4.2V will be gone pretty fast anyway, so seems like a good value!

The ET Max charges to 4.2V per cell or 168V if you watch the smart BMS live while charging. It then bleeds the pack down to about 166V for safety so you don't over volt the battery during hard braking on a full charge. I did the same and messed with the pots in my stock charger but that didn't change the behavior as it was already set to the correct voltage. If you have a multimeter just verify your stock charger is set to 168V. If it is not turn the pot/knob closest to the charger output cable with a small 🪛  clockwise until the multimeter reads 168V.

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Thanks 1