The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Haha, Bob saves the day!

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And wait, what?  :huh:  Ah, I detect a fall over high speed cut out.  56.6 kph on an ACM?

Shortly before arriving back home, 2 younger boys (maybe 12 or so) were interested, and I let them try the wheel. One was worried about damaging it and didn't want to step on for that reason (they were a bit intimidated by the ~1500 price, they are kids after all!), so I let it fall over and presented them with the Gotway Dance to show them all they need to worry about is their shins, but the wheel can take it. That did it, second guy tried it too after. So that's where that comes from. You can't go 56km/h on an ACM1 regularly, at 50 it goes into crazy emergency spin mode up to 65 where it shuts down.

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

BTW you should download the Wheellog version in the Wheellog thread.  It records average speed as well.

Yep, I'm aware. Just too lazy. Maybe I also got used to the false voltage readings, ah, Gotway nostalgia:efeebb3acc: But I'm with you here you go again, can't hurt to use the better version.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

??  Ya gotta vary up the poses a bit more, my good man.  ??‍♂️  :popcorn:

That's my pose, take or leave it :P

Of course you can feel free to demonstrate your poses and now we wait for the obligatory pictures of scantily clad women :whistling:

• Like 1

:innocent1:  Like putty in my hands... but we've gone down that sordid path before.  It's been well played out.  I'll just post a helpful link, and let imaginations do the rest.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/impossibly-sexy-boudoir-photo-poses

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

IMG_20180608_182142821_HDR

IMG_20180608_184147774_HDR

IMG_20180608_184254221_HDR

Bahhhh Marty you are missing the mandatory beer-belly-after-35-years-of-age ?

Beer-bellies are why the invented review tv's. So we 'normal' people wouldn't seem so small in height and more ?

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So you didn't notice that hip-flask he's carrying then?

You may have missed a little something on the sign. Here ...try this. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

Working on a new and "different" looking euc design. Using the old ninebot one parts i have, this will be the new home for it. 
Still not sure how to finish it of, maybe add clear acrylic sidepanels cut as soft triangles and bolted in place. i will have to sleep on it.  

How you like it :) ?

render updated1.jpg

render updated2.jpg

stiffening.JPG

Looks cool, very cool. How big of a battery can you fit into that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

Working on a new and "different" looking euc design. Using the old ninebot one parts i have, this will be the new home for it. 
Still not sure how to finish it of, maybe add clear acrylic sidepanels cut as soft triangles and bolted in place. i will have to sleep on it.  

How you like it :) ?

render updated1.jpg

render updated2.jpg

stiffening.JPG

looks cool. i think you should finish it with some nice carbon fiber. it never fails. or even more stylish. some brushed aluminium! 

but for my testes this design is a little too round. i would like something more jagged with more edges

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yourtoys7 said:

Looks cool, very cool. How big of a battery can you fit into that?

Im trying to design it after the ninebot one e plus battery. 320wh i believe. just what i got.  it would be fun later, it im able to make this. to make a new case for a gotway msuper v3 wheel.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

Im trying to design it after the ninebot one e plus battery. 320wh i believe. just what i got.  it would be fun later, it im able to make this. to make a new case for a gotway msuper v3 wheel.

Do you still have your ACM? Might be cool to design a new shell around a more powerful/contemporary wheel. I like your design here though. It's amazing how the shell can make or break a new wheel. Maybe KingSong and Inmotion have the most boring designs going right now. That doesn't mean their wheels are bad, just not exciting like your concepts or the new Ninebot series.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you still have your ACM? Might be cool to design a new shell around a more powerful/contemporary wheel. I like your design here though. It's amazing how the shell can make or break a new wheel. Maybe KingSong and Inmotion have the most boring designs going right now. That doesn't mean their wheels are bad, just not exciting like your concepts or the new Ninebot series.

all i have is the ninebot :(

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dismason said:

It does not appear in the picture, but a 30 degree slope is too much for a newbie :facepalm:.  I'm going to take part in  @Marty Backe's climbing course as soon as I can afford it :smartass:.

Riding up or down steep hills does get some taking use to. You just have to jump in and have faith in the wheel :D

• Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Riding up or down steep hills does get some taking use to. You just have to jump in and have faith in the wheel :D

Up is not too bad. Worst case you slow down too much, don't dare lean in to it and you have to jump off.

Down however .... especially on unpaved roads .... :D 

• Like 2