The Photo Thread

SlowMo

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yup, i was there in the beginning when ken good (tampa palms developer) rolled into town. we sold him a house and i sold his number 2 a house in another subdivision. 

That's what real rich looks like. When you're buying houses for your turds. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:00 AM, TremF said:

The Trekz Titanium are probably the best sounding bone conduction headphones you can get and they are definitely the best looking IMO. I use them while riding, I put them on then my helmet, and in the office so I can still hear my colleagues/phone if need. If you use decent quality media files (I use FLAC and WAV files on my High Res audio player) then they sound pretty good. Not the best BUT definitely not the worst sound. You won't regret buying them :) 

I have to disagree with this.  After owning both, I have to say the Trekz Air sounds a lot better, and is far more comfortable.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2018 at 2:42 AM, Joe Holliday said:

I have to disagree with this.  After owning both, I have to say the Trekz Air sounds a lot better, and is far more comfortable.  

When I made that statement, back in February 2017, the Trekz Air hadn't been released. They were introduced September 1st 2017  :)

Though I agree. Anyone thinking of getting a bone conduction headset would be best going for the Air with the slightly newer and better tech.

Edited by TremF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TremF said:

When I made that statement, back in February 2017, the Trekz Air had been released. They were introduced September 1st 2017  :)

Though I agree. Anyone thinking of getting a bone conduction headset would be best going for the Air with the slightly newer and better tech.

Ah, sorry about that. I wasn't aware the Air model was that recent. Since the Air is out, looks like you can get the Titanium model cheaper now, so I suppose it's down to how much you're willing to spend. The Air model is lighter and Bluetooth connectivity seems to be a bit better (haven't experienced any more stuttering or dropouts), but both models are still good. The main reason I bought the Air was my Titaniums got lost and Bestbuy only had the Air in stock at the time (and I had a bestbuy gift certificate). I didn't know what the Air was at the time and didn't realize I was buying a different model, so I actually got them by mistake. It was a good mistake though. :)

• Like 2

May day ride:

I fixed my Fitbit device, by reinstalling the app, which went 'synch' unresponsive after a firmware update. Then I went for a late afternoon ride to Boston. Traffic was really bumper to bumper at rush hour as the Monster and I stuck to the sidewalk.

May day ride to Boston

May day ride to Boston

May day ride to Boston

May day ride to Boston

May day ride to Boston

Monster at Starbuck's Cambridge

Under the L. Z.  bridge

ZoJpJ

I had my first experience with major wobble a few weeks ago. I was riding with one glove off , which was held in my hand. The road surface was smooth. Essentially I dropped the glove while in motion. My upper body dropped and caught the glove but the weight shift induced a wobble which went away right after slowing down. 

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

At the Harvard bridge a guy riding an electric Unicycle from Boston passed by me at about a distance of six feet. He was wearing a full motorcycle helmet and riding what might have been a Gotway msuper but was more rectangular looking. The sound of the EUC was very distinct despite walking pace speed, perhaps the sound fans on the control board. He was rock solid looking and bolt upright on his stance and the deliberate rate of speed plus the EUC sound was like a mini experience of an electric subway (MBTA)/rolling by at a street crossing. He was going towards MIT.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Joe Holliday said:

The Air model is lighter and Bluetooth connectivity seems to be a bit better (haven't experienced any more stuttering or dropouts), but both models are still good. The main reason I bought the Air was my Titaniums got lost and Bestbuy only had the Air in stock at the time (and I had a bestbuy gift certificate). I didn't know what the Air was at the time and didn't realize I was buying a different model, so I actually got them by mistake. It was a good mistake though. :)

Definitely a good mistake! Nice little upgrade. It's the newer Bluetooth, smaller/lighter and also sound quality & anti-leakage upgrades that tempted me towards the Air but I am already on my second Titanium's after breaking my first pair. As a new headset hasn't been a "necessity" I've put it on hold in favour of trying other gadgets lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

the fram

The real frame ($) is the $10 per vehicle (non member rate) at Crane Beach a little farther down the road?.

Worth the price for a days stay.

View of Crane Beach

Edited by Bob Eisenman

31 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The real frame ($) is the $10 per vehicle (non member rate) at Crane Beach a little farther down the road?.

That's OK, go a little farther and avoid the crowds at Wingaersheek. At low tide it's much more interesting too.

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Wingaersheek

Hummm...maybe it was the Salem class of 1971 senior party location.....didn't know where it was in 1971....you know ! ...no Google Maps then....but haven't been there yet! 

My family had a dog in the 1970's...went to Crane's - off season with the dog often.

Viet Nam war and draft card in 1972....asthma allergies draft deferment in 1973...end of Viet Nam war while in College in Amherst at UMASS.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ever thought of adopting a kid or say a slightly disadvantaged, grown adult from a foreign country like Canada?  I think you'd make a great dad.  Plus I'm fully diaper trained and could help ride your fine collection of wheels with you.  We could go play ball and ride the Whittier hills together.  Catch a movie like "The Avengers Infinity War" and ride some more.  Maybe if you have room for bunkbeds you could adopt both me and @The Fat Unicyclist.  We'd be bunk buddies!  :w00t2::w00t2:

For a small weekly allowance we could help video you on your rides as camera A and B from different vantage points.  Plus with the advantage of adopting fully grown adults we can all hang out at the local Tilted Kilt as long as it's okay with mom.  I'll have my lawyer prepare all the necessary documents including wheel inheritance particulars for you to review and sign.

Hunka Hunka Backe Love.  Has a certain ring to it, yes?

Always put a smile on my face :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM2 has a new admirer 

As much as I dislike Trump I'd have to admit being a bit uncomfortable under the Obama administration. A quick look around the bus to Boston finds many an Ancestry.com match for your little friend.

41 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ever thought of adopting a kid 

My ex was adopted. She described the process as leaving her friends at the orphanage forever to live with two people (from CT) she never knew before. Then came years of boarding school education and an acquired taste for vespers at the Y in upstate NY with 'her family' during summers.