The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

They are blooming hard at the moment.  I should have chosen a better Tree to frame behind me :lol: 

There is a few yellow Pohutakawa blooming at the moment up here, i might try get a photo this afternoon infront of it :) 

Glad to see you back up and running buddy!  Did the accident give your hair a shock too? Or just blending in with the palms? ;) 

Thanks.

Just trying to blend in better with the trees. I'll do anything to get a good picture :whistling:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My new slogan, now that I'm armored up :D

IMG_0889-Edit

@Marty Backe this image is just ultra badass! Excellent pose/composition Marty, very well done this has to be "The" photo of 2018!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe this image is just ultra badass! Excellent pose/composition Marty, very well done this has to be "The" photo of 2018!

Thanks :D I enjoy photography and am always looking for the best composition and lighting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks :D I enjoy photography and am always looking for the best composition and lighting.

Well in my opinion you definitely nailed it with this one! (reminiscent of any number of different Athletes about to do battle ie: gridiron, 100m sprint, NZ All Blacks, you name it, It's all captured Here!)

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Kinda cold (37 F)....waiting for a train back to Salem after a night ride to Boston. The headlight on the new Monster shells from eWheels really lights up the road ahead.

Your Monster is finally back in business! Looking good.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My new slogan, now that I'm armored up :D

IMG_0889-Edit

Ride hard or Go home! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Your Monster is finally back in business!

I was curious, after calibrating the squarish box of the EUC, if the Monster case side was truly vertical.

There are a number of 'leveling' apps in the Google Play store that measure surface leveling  using Android phone sensors when a side of the phone is placed against the Monster.

And...

My calibration did result in a ...'pedals level' measurement.

Cool app !

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@Marty Backe

You should consider becoming a 'Pro' photographer, capturing life's special moments for a fee. The market for your skills could be huge!

Me and Cindy before we disagreed

I see your riding gear choices catching on in a big way for those who want to take this sport more safely to the max.

Nice photo Bob. Don't we all look great when we are young and starting off in life?

I enjoy photography (one of my few hobbies) and have some nice gear (my signature photograph was taken with a Canon full-frame camera and wide-angle L-lens with multiple flash units). I want to start taking better EUC pictures to highlight the experience. Many of my pictures are just taken with my phone which is rather limited. But the pictures above were taken with a camera and zoom lens which provided much better lighting and separation of me and the wheel from the background. You can't get these kind of shots with a phone.

My brother is a professional photography. It's a tough profession and a lot of work to be successful. He says it's even harder now because of the proliferation of cameras every where (in our phones) and every one thinking that they don't need to hire a photographer - Uncle John can take the wedding photographs.

I think I'll keep it as a hobby, but thanks for the comments :D

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas everyone! 

credit: Andres Firpo

FB_IMG_1545684358708.jpg

Edited by ED209
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1