The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, Arbolest said:

the Cyberwheel

I'd guess that the Monster's motor, battery and main board are a strong combo no matter how it's boxed together to give it a fresh look. One the meds I'm on sometimes makes me light headed for a short time after  stepping up onto the pedals while mounting so I'm not sure raising the pedals is something I'd want to try. For me the stamina to ride long distances, especially on bumpy irregular surfaces, is becoming a health realted issue but that's another story.  I'm on the second motor.

Nice photos!

Negative reactions from 'people' tend to bother me more, like the auto driver who, in a light fog, came to a stop mid traffic blocking his lane, laid on his horn for several seconds while I continued in the opposite direction in the breakdown lane at least ten lateral feet away on a road section called 'dead man's curve'.

On the other hand 'people' at the beach think little of going knee deep into the red algae bloom at the beach seen to the left in my recent picture post. 

Screenshot-20200703-072346.png

Edited by Bob Eisenman

Ride safe.....

It was about 12 pm several days ago when the thud of impacting vehicles was heard several doors away. The wheel screeching sounds or ricocheting sounds from secondary object impacts was NOT heard. In two other vehicular incidents in memory (one a roll over) my attempts to call 911 immediately after were met with the response 'we are aware of the situation'. People in my neighborhood are fast phone responders. Rather than call 911 I decided to wait for the impending arrival of first responder vehicles and their flashing lights (blue=police, white=ambulance, red=fire truck). When the red flashing lights illuminated my bedroom walls I decided to look outside and saw the arriving fire truck. Several buildings away near the base of a turn followed by a vaulting commuter rail overpass was a large collection of first responder vehicles.

20200625232053-IMG-2660.jpg

I took a photo and went back to sleep for the night....I would read about it in the local news the following morning.

The next day the morning TV news stations were all broadcasting live from the scene where an off duty officer was killed in a vehicle crash the night before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcvb.com/amp/article/salem-police-officer-dies-in-head-on-crash/32977299

"SALEM, Mass. —

An off-duty Salem police officer has died after a head-on crash late Thursday night."

Edited by Bob Eisenman

5 minutes ago, Jpd said:

The last pic of my Nikola before it fried 😢😭 and the look of despair knowing we would have to walk several miles out of the mountains. Anybody have an 84v nik board for sale😁?

Ah man, what a pain! I feel for you! Any clue is to how the board fried? Pushing it too hard? The heat? 

2 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Ah man, what a pain! I feel for you! Any clue is to how the board fried? Pushing it too hard? The heat? 

Thanks! Yeah, was going up a short hill that was kind of steep. About 3/4 up the hill I heard a pop and I was down. I have the old board with the smaller mosfets, I assume that’s why it fried but haven’t opened it up yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

From my recent expedition along the NE coast of Spain

Wowwww:wub: Glorious.

Now imagine the kind of tours you could do with a Sherman! It literally has twice the battery capacity, and I hear the rest is nice too;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

From my recent expedition along the NE coast of Spain

Absolutely fantastic views! And  roads look very nice 👍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wowwww:wub: Glorious.

It feels like an oven these days though...but summer is proving much more manageable on an EUC, which the self-created breeze :D

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Now imagine the kind of tours you could do with a Sherman! It literally has twice the battery capacity, and I hear the rest is nice too;)

Quick tempting me, I'm having trouble restraining myself :roflmao:

4 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

:wub: i am missing Spain allot, lived there 20 years ago for about 8 years.

Cool, what area did you live in?

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You can restrain yourself when you have the Sherman.

:roflmao:

What's the next step up from a faceplant, where you end up with your entire head buried underground? An ostrich-plant?

Alamy_A14A69-c-29b8790.jpg?webp=true&qua

• Like 1