Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

39 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

Wait we are getting new parts!  How did I miss this. Got a link so I can check them out. 

This is the AliExpress link.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMeah7Q

I already spoke with a rep at Eevees a few weeks back and I was told that current and future Sherman S owners (that purchased from Eevees) will be getting this package 👍

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

The suspension mount and trolley handle look a lot sturdier. Pedals meh, I could careless about, I should be getting nylonove ones shortly.  Wonder if the current container/shipment might already have these installed.  

Edited by CDINPHX

1 hour ago, CDINPHX said:

The suspension mount and trolley handle look a lot sturdier. Pedals meh, I could careless about, I should be getting nylonove ones shortly.  Wonder if the current container/shipment might already have these installed.  

those new pedals dont look any less slippy than the originals. i have experienced minor slippage on the original pedals under heavy braking. i dont totally trust them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Side note, wonder if they will upgrade the software to what’s on the Payton with the ability to set the cutoff angle for tilt over if your on berms. 

From the Veteran Patton to the Payton Manning (upgrade?)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CDINPHX said:

Oh most definitely an upgrade. Lovely auto correct on the old smartphone from Patton to Payton. Anyways be nice to see if they do the same on the Sherman!

I remember reading somewhere that the last, most recent update for the Sherman S has this mode?? I can't confirm myself but i may take a look at the app later on today.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 12:45 AM, CDINPHX said:

yup that is definitely a shinko.  Now to find somewhere they are in stock in 2.75-14

Are people using a rear or front Shinko?

https://www.denniskirk.com/shinko/244-dual-sport-tire.pfp544716.prdf?fs=545320

is this the right size?  It’s cheaper than a kenda. 

at 1500 ish miles my stock tire is looking worn. How many miles are folks getting on their stock SS tire?

Edited by Paul D

40 minutes ago, Paul D said:

Are people using a rear or front Shinko?

They are the same. Check the part numbers in the store you linked to.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clem604 said:

I remember reading somewhere that the last, most recent update for the Sherman S has this mode?? I can't confirm myself but i may take a look at the app later on today.

Yes you can now configure that angle between 40 (default), up to 70.

Generally, people set it to 50.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vBlitz said:

Yes you can now configure that angle between 40 (default), up to 70.

Generally, people set it to 50.

apparently I need to read this thread end to end!  

great news 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:18 AM, Clem604 said:

I can confirm that you can set this for the Sherman S after the firmware update.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm if o.g sherman charger works alongside  the Stock Sherman S charger for dual port charging without issue or increased fire hazard risk?  (And to use o.g sherman charger as a backup solo charger) . Plus, does anyone recommend a trustworthy and safe quick charger for this wheel? Thank you kindly

Edited by WILSONEUC

34 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

Can anyone confirm if o.g sherman charger works alongside  the Stock Sherman S charger for dual port charging without issue or increased fire hazard risk?  (And to use o.g sherman charger as a backup solo charger) . Plus, does anyone recommend a trustworthy and safe quick charger for this wheel? Thank you kindly

As they are both 100v wheels yes you can use any 100v charger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

I've been using this one for a few months now and it's been great, albeit I haven't had to use it too much.

https://eevees.com/products/universal-100v-7-5a-euc-charger?_pos=2&_sid=147c0fd51&_ss=r

The description says it charges at 7.5A max but I've found out that it actually charges up to 10A which is a nice surprise. Many members here use the AliExpress/"Roger" charger and it works well too, I just bought the Eevees one because they are local and it was convenient.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

OH nice, I was debating getting a high output charger, didn't realize EEvee's sold these.  I am suppose to get one from Roger but my truck suspension went caput and that took priority over a new charger.  When I get paid this week, maybe I will get one of these as I am seeing a lot more options then just Rogers, and i am not sure i can justify his price over AliExpress.  Love to support member's, but his price is almost double by the time I got it here in Canada then AliExpress.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

OH nice, I was debating getting a high output charger, didn't realize EEvee's sold these.  I am suppose to get one from Roger but my truck suspension went caput and that took priority over a new charger.  When I get paid this week, maybe I will get one of these as I am seeing a lot more options then just Rogers, and i am not sure i can justify his price over AliExpress.  Love to support member's, but his price is almost double by the time I got it here in Canada then AliExpress.  

Yeah the Eevees fast charger is great and charges  the wheel up pretty quick.. If you need an even faster charge you can use the stock and fast chargers together, although I only do that when absolutely necessary (usually never).

• Like 1

I've only been on one relatively advanced group ride where I charged faster than 9A. I used a friend's "Roger" charger to top up at 18.5A. I probably could have gone higher but didn't feel the need since no-one else was charging any faster. 

Has anyone here had any issues with the motor bolts breaking on their Sherman S? If the world doesn’t implode, I hopefully will get mine sometime this month. Just wondering how common or concerning it is. 

Edited by Hellkitten