Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

18 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Shermas... mas sherman. I love it.

Shermas is great. We've got the Sherman, Shermax, and now Shermas. Alternatively something like "Dash S" if you really need to be 101% clear.

4 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Idk… I was hoping for less weight. :-( 

Not sure if 44kg is great because it's not too much more than the Sherman, or is awful because it's only 3 kg less than the EX20S, so no big weight improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Idk… I was hoping for less weight. :-( 

It doesn't seem likely we can do better anytime soon for the prices we are willing to pay.

(0) Sherman-S weighs 97 lbs, and has a 3600 Wh battery, 3500 W motor, and suspension

(1) Sherman Max weighs 86 lbs, but forgoes 3500 W motor, and suspension.

(2) Master weighs 80 lbs, but forgoes the 3600 Wh battery.

(3) Monster Pro weighs 88 lbs, but forgoes suspension, and gains the 24" wheel. 

(4) Veteran Abrams weighs 98 lbs, but forgoes 3600 Wh battery and suspension.

(5) Begode EX20S weighs 104 lbs, but forgoes the 3500 W motor.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

(1) Sherman Max weighs 86 lbs, but forgoes the 3600 Wh battery, 3500 W motor, and suspension.

The Max does have a 3600Wh battery (well, advertised, it's more like 3400Wh, but that may be the case with the S too). Seems like the extra weight comes mainly from the new motor and suspension

Edited by dycus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dycus said:

The Max does have a 3600Wh battery (well, advertised, it's more like 3400Wh, but that may be the case with the S too). Seems like the extra weight comes from the new motor and suspension

Thank you for pointing that out. I did a sloppy copy and paste. My bad.

Edited by techyiam

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It doesn't seem likely we can do better anytime soon for the prices we are willing to pay.

(0) Sherman-S weighs 97 lbs, and has a 3600 Wh battery, 3500 W motor, and suspension

(1) Sherman Max weighs 86 lbs, but forgoes the 3600 Wh battery, 3500 W motor, and suspension.

(2) Master weighs 80 lbs, but forgoes the 3600 Wh battery.

(3) Monster Pro weighs 88 lbs, but forgoes suspension, and gains the 24" wheel. 

(4) Veteran Abrams weighs 98 lbs, but forgoes 3600 Wh battery and suspension.

(5) Begode EX20S weighs 104 lbs, but forgoes the 3500 lbs motor.

And all of them i hate. Because of the weight. I would pay ~3500$ for a good light wheel. Fuck speed/range/power/weight.

2x lower everything of those wheels = amazing lightweight wheel.

~60lbs and under is the sweet spot. <3

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Funky said:

And all of them i hate. Because of the weight. I would pay ~3500$ for a good light wheel. Fuck speed/range/power/weight.

~60lbs and under is the sweet spot. <3

From what you tell us, your dad enjoys riding his 16S. And of course you have his DNA. But could it also be that his and yours use-cases are similar because you two have to lug eucs up and down stairs; both of you don't have to travel far; and at where you live, the roads or pathways are more conducive to riding on lighter wheels? 

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

From what you tell us, your dad enjoys riding his 16S. And of course you have his DNA. But could it also be that his and yours use-cases are similar because you two have to lug eucs up and down stairs; both of you don't have to travel far; and at where you live, the roads or pathways are more conducive to riding on lighter wheels? 

Ofc. We don't ride with cars, therefore no need for speed. ~30,50km/h wheels is plenty. We have to carry the wheel to 3rd floor 2-4 times a day. Most rides are ~5km. (My record is been 40km a day.) (Dad has ridden from 100% to 0% time to time.)

If we didn't need to carry at all - i'm 100% sure we would have gotten heavy ass big euc. But because we carry it in train/buss and to 3rd floor - we like as light as possible.

I get that everyone has their owns use case/needs. I'm just little bit salty, that all the new releases have been 66lbs++ wheels. That are completely useless for us. (In our mind there have been no "new" releases from ~2019 year.) :D 

I personally only like Sherman Max of the "heavy" wheel lineup.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Waterproof may not seem necessary to  some but for me, the ability to  just hose it off after a ride would be great.  I have little interest in  riding in rain anymore. 

SMAXS  3500W max rider weight 120Kg

SMAX  2800W max rider weight 150KG

sherman clasic max rider weight 2500W is 150Kg

100km/h freespin is not torque motor on 100,8V

on render they say 3000W motor in data sheet 3500W 

They say 8% more to sherman MAX 2800/100=28*8(%)= 224W BRUTAL BOOST VS SMAX - 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

SMAXS  3500W max rider weight 120Kg

SMAX  2800W max rider weight 150KG

sherman clasic max rider weight 2500W is 150Kg

100km/h freespin is not torque motor on 100,8V

on render they say 3000W motor in data sheet 3500W 

They say 8% more to sherman MAX 2800/100=28*8(%)= 224W BRUTAL BOOST VS SMAX - 

The Max has good torque according to people that ride it. If the ShermaS has more, it will be a good torque wheel. What I hope is we have some free space in the board area to add some capacitors for sudden needs of power.

• Upvote 1

After I had some health issues I am a lot more concerned about the things I eat and buy. Few people are aware that even with todays laws and standards there are carcinogen substances widely used in the paper bags we are served pastries or in the pans we cook food, as well as toxic heavy metals in these cookware or the water we drink.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the lead explanation. 

I thought the lead was a miss translation.

Maybe fiber reinforced  nylon?

If it really is lead how do they import it to the US? This definitely needs to be cleared up. 

• Like 1