Please help me choose

The charging port is simply USB (at least for some EUC) so it is only 5V. What could potentialy make a difference is the AMPs, but if the power bank could supply enough Amps then the charging should be possible. Obviously not to charge it to 100% or perhaps even 50% but to increase BATT just enough to make another extra few miles. There multiple power banks on the market which could supply variety of charging styles. Yes if you charging at 12V or 16,18V then it would be much harder to do. I might be wrong on that as I do not know what is the charging voltage for most wheels (I thought it is 5V)....

My other question was:
which of the two EUC would you prefer and why ?

V8S vs KS16S ?

29 minutes ago, sadarahu said:

I do not know what is the charging voltage for most wheels (I thought it is 5V)....

A single Li-ion cell is always max 4.2V, and EUC batteries have several parallel cell groups in series.

Most non-Gotways are 84V (20 * 4.2V) when full, and most GotWays/BeGones are 100.8V (24 * 4.2V).

KingSong S20 will be the first 126V (30 * 4.2V) wheel.

Older wheels are 67.2V (16 * 4.2V).

The charging voltage at any given moment is only slightly higher than the battery voltage, but never exceeds the above maximums.

29 minutes ago, sadarahu said:

which of the two EUC would you prefer and why ?

V8S vs KS16S ?

For comfort, definitely V8S.

For pure power, battery capacity, and possibly a bit more stability, 16S.

The 16S is relatively easy to modify for a 16x2.5” tire, which is definitely worth it and brings quite a bit more stability. I turned one old V8 into a 16x2.5”, but it required a lot of work.

1 hour ago, sadarahu said:

The charging port is simply USB

Ah. That one is a charger OUTPUT port, it's for charging something (like your phone) from the wheel, not the other way around. You cannot charge the wheel via the USB thing.

• Like 3

Thank you for your suggestions. I am sure this will also help others.

You see, the major problems in selecting a wheel is obvious. Tehre no stores one can go and take a look (or try). As opposed to bicycles or scooters.

For example I have no idea how heavy would be for me 15,25-35 wheel to carry on. It is not only matter of strength (although age plays some role). It is like a shoes which you need to try. They might look nice or right size but not god in a long run. As opposed to the shoes I believe it is rather impossible to return EUC.

Yes, I would love to have suspension but the wheels with suspension seem to be to heavy. amd there are only 3 models to choose and all are 18".
I would love to have extra battery to extend the range but those are also on a heavy side. Yes I realize 14" would be short time investment. If I ever upgrade it will be only an exchange. I do not plan to keep more than one wheel.
I could get V5F for a year or so and then upgrade to something like V11 (which seems to be my favorite, but heavy).  My major concern here is the waight. Not because of stability etc, but rather because of the transportation therough the stairs, in/out of the trunk etc.

Few more questions:
- is there particular time of the year when EUC go on significant sale ?

- which of the mentioned in this thread wheels have double charging ports (so they could be charged much quicker) ?

- (one cagain) which of the two would you choose and why:  KS-16S  or V8S ?

- would you buy Nineboot One S2 as a training wheel (they are way much cheaper and I've seen some used ones for only $300-500  ?

Edited by sadarahu

2 hours ago, sadarahu said:

Few more questions:

- which of the mentioned in this thread wheels have double charging ports (so they could be charged much quicker) ?

- would you buy Nineboot One S2 as a training wheel (they are way much cheaper and I've seen some used ones for only $300-500  ?

1. Not that I know of. The prices will probably keep rising due to various shortages and more demand for EUCs.

2. I don't think either of them have twin charge ports. Their batteries are too small to safely support twin chargers anyways. If you want to charge fast I would get a fast charger. 5A is probably the max I charge at, and you can get 5A fast chargers for both wheels. This only requires a single charge port.

3. I personally would get the v8s because it is a newer design and from Inmotion. The difference in motor power and battery size seems to be negligible between it and the 16s.

4. It depends. If you know you will want to upgrade to a wheel more powerful than the 16s, maybe (and then skip the 16s/ v8s altogether). If you don't see yourself wanting more than a 16s or v8s anytime soon, I would skip the One s2.

2 hours ago, sadarahu said:

I could get V5F for a year or so and then upgrade to something like V11 (which seems to be my favorite, but heavy).  My major concern here is the waight. Not because of stability etc, but rather because of the transportation therough the stairs, in/out of the trunk etc.

If it's any help, I can lift my 60lb Rs (same weight as v11) in and out of a trunk, up and down stairs, etc. and I only weigh 120lbs (although I am quite strong for my weight). It isn't effortless mind you, but certainly do-able.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sadarahu said:

For example I have no idea how heavy would be for me 15,25-35 wheel to carry on.

Why would you carry your EUC? Unless you live in an apartment without an elevator, you rarely need to carry the wheel. A bicycle is often lighter, but you don’t carry that either.

14” wheel’s don’t always have a very good trolley handle, so they might be generally more convenient to carry than trolley. But the V8S and especially the 16S already have great trolley handles.

The V11 has a great handle for lifting, which makes it much easier to lift than a MSX that weighs 2.5 kg less. Still, the only times I lift my V11 is to my workshop table or car trunk. To be honest, lifting the 17.5kg 16S is not that much different, so you might be prioritizing the weight more than you need to.

Yes, I would love to have suspension but the wheels with suspension seem to be to heavy. amd there are only 3 models to choose and all are 18".

Maybe ask yourself, why are almost all EUCs with the latest tech equipped with a 18x3” tire and a large battery…

They are so much more stable, safe, and capable, that they are the ones most people are turning into. V5F and V8 were introduced in 2016. Suspension wheels came in 2020. 4 years is two lifetimes in the world of EUCs. V8 was updated in 2020, but the basic construction is still the same.

18” EUCs are capable vehicles that eat the road in a way that many commuters skip the train and bus altogether and ride all the way there. V8S is nice for only riding a km or two to the train or bus.

I could get V5F for a year or so and then upgrade to something like V11

You’d be missing quite a lot riding a 14” V5F for a full year. If you think that riding an EUC is something you’ll get into further than just riding to the train station or for occasional Sunday strolling in the park, harnessing yourself to a tiny old wheel for a full year seems like a bit of a waste when you could be fully enjoying a proper modern wheel that you plan to buy later anyway. What would you gain from that year?

I think there might be Black Friday sales in some shops. Not sure though.

I wouldn’t prioritize dual ports, since a single faster charger is much more convenient.

If I’d really have to downgrade to either of those, I’d personally go with the V8S for myself, mainly because then I’d at least have some comfort.

Not even for a single dollar. If you learn to ride on a 14”, you’d have to relearn especially turning on the larger wheel anyway, and get rid of some of the habits you learned with the 14” EUC.

I’m sorry if I come out a bit too Frank, I’m just trying to help you to avoid unnecessary steps of upgrades and purchases.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Why would you carry your EUC?

As you say, you might live in an apartment or the friend you visit lives in an apartment or your work only has stairs or if your commute involves a train station where you need to use stairs or there's a foot bridge you want to use or your supermarket asks you to put your wheel in the trolley or you want to put it in the boot of your car. I'm sure I could come up with more ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

As you say, you might live in an apartment or the friend you visit lives in an apartment or your work only has stairs or if your commute involves a train station where you need to use stairs or there's a foot bridge you want to use or your supermarket asks you to put your wheel in the trolley or you want to put it in the boot of your car. I'm sure I could come up with more ;) 

Sure. What would one do with a bicycle in those situations?

• Like 1

Hey @sadarahu im on the near south side if you want to visit and try my wheels. 
 As you can see in my profile neither is what you want, but they can give you an impression of sizes and weights- hard for me to really visualize befor i saw them in real life

Edited by Richardo
  • Like 2

Take @Richardo up on his invite. At least you will see how big euc's have gotten lately. (His V11 is midsize compared to new wheels coming out.)

There was a time when these were built for compactness/transportability (say pre-2018), but then the wheel sizes started getting big and heavy.

I started with a 14" Kingsong and upgraded to a KS-16S. It was only slightly bigger and I kept it as my 'compact' wheel. (I'm way too big for an mten3.)

The 16S is fairly compact, smaller than a V8/F/S; (but larger than a V5/F). The V8S was created recently to compete with the battery/range of the old 16S.

IMG_20211016_101142403.jpg.1b0b77441c556193adcc77380e1d7628.jpg

[pictured above] My old 18XL and much older 16S. There is a significant size difference (to me), but an 18XL is still a bit lighter than a V11. 

Of the 16" wheels, the 16S and V8S are pretty comparable; both conservatively outputting 1000W+ motor power at 67V and 84V respectively.

The 16S now have lift sensors, but having a button on the handle, like InMotion, works better. (Although, Kingsong's handle is more versatile.)

I use dual chargers on my wheels; (required a novel kit for my 16S); but you can buy quick chargers if you know your inputs+volts. (not usb)

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 2

Should I Wait or Should I Go :w00t2:

my 14" wheel burned out... I'm switching to 18"... should I buy excellently equipped Gotway RS HS 

https://eucsale.com/euc-transport/begode/gotway-rs.html

or to wait 2 months on KS-S20 Eagle?

I don't have any overly demanding requests, i'm not in a hurry but i don't want to overpay 1.000 EURO if Eagle doesn't deserve it.

I need an advice.

Thnx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vladimir CRO said:

". should I buy excellently equipped Gotway RS HS 

Depends on your trust in this resellers warrantY - begode seems to be in need of great customer protection.

If i'd have a fortune tellers crystal ball i'd tell you.

my 14" wheel burned out... I'm switching to 18"... should I buy excellently equipped Gotway RS HS 

I don't have any overly demanding requests, i'm not in a hurry but i don't want to overpay 1.000 EURO if Eagle doesn't deserve it.

I need an advice.

Thnx

If you have no wheel that works atm, I'd invest in something that is already a reality. I'm waiting for KS to prove themselves. As @Chriull mentions, you may want to verify some kind of warranty. It would royally suck to have 2 wheels and neither works...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

24 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Depends on your trust in this resellers warrantY - begode seems to be in need of great customer protection.

If i'd have a fortune tellers crystal ball i'd tell you.

in Europe we do not have too much choice of suppliers... nor can we really check their credibility:efee8c29ce:... can you recommend someone?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

If you have no wheel that works atm, I'd invest in something that is already a reality. I'm waiting for KS to prove themselves. As @Chriull mentions, you may want to verify some kind of warranty. It would royally suck to have 2 wheels and neither works...

very wise ... thnx

There should be plenty of sellers in Europe. Which ones are good, I have no idea either.

Some examples who I think are reputable.

https://eunicycles.eu

https://eucsale.com/euc-transport/

See here for a bigger (but quite old) list:

I would also google the wheel you like and see what comes up. I would strongly go with a seller (with their own website) over people on ebay etc.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There should be plenty of sellers in Europe. Which ones are good, I have no idea either.

Some examples who I think are reputable.

https://eunicycles.eu

https://eucsale.com/euc-transport/

See here for a bigger list:

I would also google the wheel you like and see what comes up. I would strongly go with a seller (with their own website) over people on ebay etc.

thank you very much ... of course i researched and this dealer offers the best equipment and the lowest price ... how reliable is i need a cristal ball :-)

On 10/17/2021 at 8:00 PM, Vladimir CRO said:

On 10/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, Chriull said:

Depends on your trust in this resellers warrantY

EUCsale.com (EUC.sale) = NO warranty.

A Finnish customer has recently paid 735€ in total for V10F warranty repairs and shipping both ways. I examined the wheel myself prior to that, and it was obvious that it was a clear warranty case. EUC.sale lied and bullied the customer to pay for parts and service they didn’t ask for, and threatened to damage the wheel if the customer didn’t pay. By which time the costs had suddenly gone up already.

I strongly advise avoiding EUCsale.com like the plague.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mrelwood said:

EUCsale.com (EUC.sale) = NO warranty.

A Finnish customer has recently paid 735€ in total for V10F warranty repairs and shipping both ways. I examined the wheel myself prior to that, and it was obvious that it was a clear warranty case. EUC.sale lied and bullied the customer to pay for parts and service they didn’t ask for, and threatened to damage the wheel if the customer didn’t pay. By which time the costs had suddenly gone up already.

I strongly advise avoiding EUCsale.com like the plague.

too late ... I already paid ... unfortunately we in Europe do not have too many choices where to buy, and it is known that there are NO authorized services for Begode and either for King Song :-(

On 10/19/2021 at 9:28 PM, Vladimir CRO said:

too late ... I already paid ... unfortunately we in Europe do not have too many choices where to buy, and it is known that there are NO authorized services for Begode and either for King Song :-(

Yes, the dealer and repair network could be much better.

At least now you know what to expect and when to keep up for yourself if you are ever ballsy enough to seek warranty repairs from Eucsale. An obviously simple case of a malfunctioning part that you can replace yourself could work out just fine, but anything beyond that and the odds are not on your side.

I really hope that you get a problem free wheel!