INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

11 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I wish we have a chance to trade in our batch 2 V12 for the new HT (high torque) version.  I even do not mind paying for the difference in price.

I don't want the ht stator. I'd just want the controller for the regular motor so I don't sacrifice top end speed and a saftey buffer zone

I'm not sure if this is possible but could InMotion make a stress test through the software? So all a person would have to do is select the test in the menu and lift the wheel up and the test would run, 10 second or so at a time. I'm trying to think of a way to make it easier, since some people are having difficulties doing it.

14 minutes ago, Tel01 said:

I'm not sure if this is possible but could InMotion make a stress test through the software? So all a person would have to do is select the test in the menu and lift the wheel up and the test would run, 10 second or so at a time. I'm trying to think of a way to make it easier, since some people are having difficulties doing it.

A much tougher, longer and consistent stress test could run programmatically after being triggered manually from the wheel settings.

It would still remain tricky to keep the wheel in place above ground while the wheel uses all its torque to change rotation: it presents its own risks.
Imagine if when you hold it up it slips out of your hands, then keeps spinning back and forth, that could get destructive.
Still worth investigating.

There should be one program to run in factory at least, held on a test rig.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, monkeytacos said:

For what it's worth, here's my attempt to reproduce the mosfet test (seems to have passed): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qqVO9TY9eA

Would like to know if you guys think this was done incorrectly. (I have been following this thread, and do understand the test may give a false sense of security)

Flawless execution 👏
You must have been counting because you got to 10 exactly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, monkeytacos said:

Would like to know if you guys think this was done incorrectly.

Nope, this test isn't correct. But i think it's sufficient for 1 try. Repeat this at least 9 times more.

You shoul'd spin your wheel to maximum speed (80+ km/h on screen) then rapidly tilt it back with power at least 2 times to simulate hard braking on top speed. Then you shoul'd let wheel to turn off by maximum speed value. You should do this actions at least 10 times.

Also i don't recommed to do it on 90-100% charge level.

I've broke my on 50% charge level.

Edited by RArtem
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I have two wheels and have been thinking about selling one. But one major defect like a dead control bard in the only wheel I have might mean six months without riding with the current availability of spare parts. No way am I going to risk that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Or you could go to your "local" euc store and buy new one? No waiting.. :D

That's what i did. Only thing i knew is that kingsong where the "safest.." So i went in and chose one.

(OFC i know some places don't have "local" euc stores.) <3

If i would buy another wheel, it for sure would not be the same model. That's boring..

For backup plan. I already got whole 2 sitting in my room corner.. They are named: Cube hill bikes. xD I'm alright for not riding some months, while i wait for spare parts.

Edited by Funky
Backup Plan.
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I used to have just one. And it took a ton of rationalization to convince myself that it didn't meet and exceed my needs... what got me over the hump was being unable to take my wheel with me on vacation. There simply wasn't any choice but to have a new one delivered to my vacation spot, was there? Yeah, I agree.

As to why there's now a third in hand with a fourth on pre-order, back to rationalization land for me!

Some people are to addictive to riding.. :rolleyes:

But that's also on people personality. I for once am "introvert, loner".. I rarely leave home,(Mainly job) don't socialize at all. So i don't see point in my life, where i would spend again ~2000$ for second wheel.

Maybe in 5 years when there's something much, much better, like: Solid state batteries, or some king euc that is game changer. :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Maybe in 5 years when there's something much, much better

Sadly, at the rate things are actually getting “better”, it might take that long!

1 hour ago, Funky said:

So i don't see point in my life, where i would spend again ~2000$ for second wheel.

Invest in a metal detector, help some folks find the stuff that was buried just before the war… I bet you could get finders fees! On an MTen, you could cover a fair bit of ground too.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Unventor said:

Due to I just resigned my job at Canon this Friday my ride might change a lot in way of range. So now I am looking at the V13 as an option.

Good luck on the new job search, and with the v13 (when you get it) as well!

• Like 1

Just stumbled onto this, it appears to be the V12 assembly line at one point, with a closeup of the drive/main board at about 1:00 in. A while ago I expressed reservations about the design from a manufacturing engineering perspective, specifically the assembly order to ensure that the MOSFETs and their solder joints aren't subjected to stress when they're attached to the heatsink.

The video shows the MOSFETs being soldered to the PCB before mounting to the heatsink, and the resulting alignment of their heat tabs. Each tab is going to get screwed into a flat heatsink and to my eye, these aren't near flat enough for my comfort zone. Sure, some will be close enough, but the board in the video isn't a comforting example.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Just stumbled onto this, it appears to be the V12 assembly line at one point, with a closeup of the drive/main board at about 1:00 in. A while ago I expressed reservations about the design from a manufacturing engineering perspective, specifically the assembly order to ensure that the MOSFETs and their solder joints aren't subjected to stress when they're attached to the heatsink.

The video shows the MOSFETs being soldered to the PCB before mounting to the heatsink, and the resulting alignment of their heat tabs. Each tab is going to get screwed into a flat heatsink and to my eye, these aren't near flat enough for my comfort zone. Sure, some will be close enough, but the board in the video isn't a comforting example.

Ah yes this example illustrates your point very well.
I imagined before your description that the legs flexing to adjust the alignment might be sufficient.

Is the temperature cycling of the MOSFET affecting the solder joints significantly on top of the misalignment stress?

Not defending Inmo, but personally I don't think the assembly method in question is a problem. I imagine it's similar on a lot of wheels. Not forgetting that many other components are only supported by their legs. I admit that theres more heat involved with FET's, but assuming decent solder is used I still don't see it being a problem. That said I refuse to use lead free solder as it flows like crap and isn't as nice as leaded when it comes to a trustworthy joint. But maybe Inmo have to use leaded by law? Maybe all manufacturers do? Either way we don't see too many FET leg soldering issues across any of the manufacturers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2