Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I thought I heard something, but always discount "range" because it's so dependent on so many things. I ride faster and longer on my 16x than many users, and still I use 30-40% less energy than other 16x riders.

Yes I also find it quite a hard thing to get accurate. On sites I’ve seen s20 stated as 140klm range and 200klm range. I’m leaning more toward 140 at a guess. For me that’s heaps. 

56 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

I was mainly focused on riding the dirt path along the paved bike trial

I'm hoping you'll include your thoughts relative to "how is it for trails" in the video (that's my primary intended use)

19 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

I heard the RevRides crew took out the s20s and got about 60 miles.  Both riders usually ride EXN HS so i doubt they were going 20mph.  I think the 180 lb rider got 61 or so and the 230 lb rider got like 57.

heard the same, think it was through the eevee's s20 portland video on youtube.

They were touting that these were some heavier riders, so it's reasonable to call the s20 a 100km real world use wheel.

• Like 2

No videos from EeVees since Saturday.  Might be hard to showcase beaten up wheels.  This is only day 3.   Will the wheels survive the entire demo-days tour?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paradox said:

No videos from EeVees since Saturday.  Might be hard to showcase beaten up wheels.  This is only day 3.   Will the wheels survive the entire demo-days tour?

EEVEE'S has to edit video on their laptop while on the road or at their hotel. Their Sacramento Demo should be up soon. They took plenty of footage and a few interviews including Chance's thoughts on the wheel. 

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Turbomiäs said:

Wondering what happens to the delivery schedule of S20:s when Russia starts WW3 :wacko:

It's ok, Russia and China are Buddy-Pals, gotta stay positive. 😁

• Haha 1

Just a question I’m trying to figure the difference between Chance’s crash and Leahy’s loading dock drop. To me the drop seemed similar? Am I missing something is it the terrain? 

Chance seems to be quite down on the wheel on fbook, and I thought Leahy was rating it.
does there seem to be any issues with the initial power delivery? If so how did Leahy ride it out?

cheers, just trying to understand.  

Think members have remarked that Chance seemed to have landed on soft dirt, evidenced by leaving a large divot.

The wheel might not have been able to gain good traction for the wheel to propel the EUC forward fast enough to prevent the rider from catapulting forwards.

From Ria Novosti, a Russian state-owned domestic news agency.

https://ria-ru.translate.goog/20220212/ukraina-1772415037.html?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

MOSCOW, February 12 - RIA Novosti.
Employees of the Russian diplomatic mission are leaving Ukraine, an informed source told RIA Novosti.

Worldwide price of oil/fuel, will surge in event of Ukraine attack.
EUC delivery and prices might be affected.

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Based on slow-motion zoomed in video on telegram I don't think it was a cut-out, just looks like a gnarly landing all things considered:

https://t.me/s20eagle/2015

I’ll watch this thanks. As far as I could see on the Facebook post, chance and others were blaming the torque and power delivery, saying similar to the ks18 and possibly comparable to an 84volt for torque. he claimed E wheels experienced the same thing. 

im really only learning about power delivery so I’m just trying to understand. 

Others posting were mentioning that chance hasn’t been a fan of Kingsong in the past so I’m just trying to work out if there is any truth or perhaps a biased opinion. 

either way I think the level they are at is beyond how I will be testing the wheel. 

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

He is also saying that the wheel don't have enough mosfets to deliver 126v and is comparing it to Begode Master that he hasn't ridden so there's that, I will take his explanations with a grain of salt.

Hmm, I dont know if its funny or sad how some tries to decapitate KS demo wheels... (in the light of real problems of other branches with production wheels).

42 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

He is also saying that the wheel don't have enough mosfets to deliver 126v and is comparing it to Begode Master that he hasn't ridden so there's that, I will take his explanations with a grain of salt.

Ahh. The all famous EUC component :D. MOSFETs are very simplified said, switches, which allow current to flow to the motor when needed. They do not have the ability to limit the voltage. If KS would have used lower rated components than the voltage of the wheel, then every single S20 would experience blown MOSFETs due to overvoltage.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 3:19 PM, PourUC said:

Discouraging sounds from acceleration and the suspension. That single video would’ve made me cancel my preorder had I made one.

17 hours ago, Rolzi said:

This is EXTREMELY great news! Others have no choice but to follow suit now! FINALLY!

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Another video from Telegram showing different angles and the aftermath of the crash:

https://t.me/kingsonginternational/12888

I didn’t see anything that would point towards even the known power ramp up time. When a tire sinks, it slows down the vehicle, be it self-balanced or not. To overcome the increased friction, an EUC rider must either tilt the wheel from the pads, or lean that much more forward himself. Which he soon did as he obviously wasn’t prepared for the sinking, but he had completely lost his balance before the S20 had dig itself up from the sink hole. Which it did by gloriously displacing a good amount of dirt at a high velocity.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Discouraging sounds from acceleration and the suspension. That single video would’ve made me cancel my preorder had I made one.

What do you think is going on with the sound of the acceleration, it doesn’t sound great. Would this be just a test wheel thing you think? 

35 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

What do you think is going on with the sound of the acceleration, it doesn’t sound great. Would this be just a test wheel thing you think? 

I can only guess, which would be a more educated one from a few other forum members. Of course, all wheels grunt to some extent when stressed far enough, but there was just something about the S20 grunt that made it sound less healthy to be than an average acceleration grunt.

Whether it’s just a firmware tuning, controller layout, or motor winding issue not being finalized, it could take years for KS to finally tune it up properly. Just like it did with the horrible 16S / 18L/XL whine. Also, the S18 grunts a bit in the same way, as much today as it did when it was launched almost two years ago.

Hmmm. To me the sound coming in the e-rides video feels like it coming from the fender or something else resonating to vibration. Does sound very "plasticy" to me. Edit: The very last comment on the video is about the motor wire touching the fender. I think its plausible that the noise is coming from the motor wire vibrating on the fender.

Their demo wheels suspension does sound bad. Not much of that in eevees videos though.

Iam also reminded of this video: 

The whole suspension rod is bent in shipping. I wonder what kind of hit is required to bent it while riding. Isn´t this the same version that will be used in all Hero/Master/EX20S?

S20 has 2 slider on the both sides for the suspension movement. I would think that this implementation would take more shearing stress? Also no info how easy those sliders are to maintain. Adding oil/grease etc.

Edited by Rolzi
  • Like 2