Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

On 4/15/2022 at 11:22 PM, DragonFZ said:

Sorry if this question have already been addressed. From a stand still start, how does the S20/22 compare to the V11?

Thank you all for responding to my question.

I need to clarify where I am coming from. My current everyday wheel is the Sherman. I upgraded to the Sherman because I was getting left behind on my KS16X with all the Shermans and V11s in the group ride. I had the S20 on pre-order. Cancel it due to the first 10 meter limit on torque. I moved my pre-order to Master. I have watched several reviews on the S20 and re-evaluating my judgment for the S20. Does the S20 with start torque limit have more torque than a V11?  I know what a V11 can do and think it has a respectable torque. I don't want a new wheel that has less torque.   Thank you.

Edited by DragonFZ

RevRides (US) will be receiving "a small batch" of consumer Eagles in port mid May. (rumor, but with screenshot!)

I wonder if they reallocated eWheel's share of M50Ts...

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

RevRides (US) will be receiving "a small batch" of consumer Eagles in port mid May. (rumor, but with screenshot!)

I wonder if they reallocated eWheel's share of M50Ts...

Duf said he has communications with eWheels that Kingsong has agree to swap out the LG M50LT with Samsung cells for eWheels and other dealers. In addition, he said that he was told that the new packs should arrive some time in May. But he still not sure when he will actually receive his S22.

So, it may be possible that RevRides is receiving the small batch directly from Kingsong also.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robse said:

? the point dont get i do     :rolleyes:

I think the point was to show that you can configure the wheel differently and adopt it to your riding style.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:54 PM, Wolverine said:

I did not write that it could not be adjusted at all. Please read this text once more and you will understand it better. I wrote that it is possible to adjust the suspension of the Inmotion V11 very thoroughly and find a best solution that suits for rider. You can have a suspension pump with you, and you can change suspension behavior when for example you change the terrain or the way you ride. It's the kind of thing you don't do with the S20 / S22 because you don't have that much room to play with the suspension. As you said yourself, you can replace the S20 / S22 parts and build the suspension yourself as the rider wants. With the V11, you don't have to replace anything to get the suspension exactly the way you want it, because fully adjustable suspension is already built in.

Disassembly and adjustment of the suspension is nothing new for the owners of the Kingsong suspension wheels, a large part of the owners of the S18 had to do it. Same goes with the S20 / S22.

This still is counter to reality though.

Both the S22/S18 suspensions offer fine control and tuning. The S22 however, due to having a shock has less fine tuning.

The V11 isn't some pinnacle of fine tuning though. It has no rebound adjustment. Just a positive and negative chamber. There is no rebound time adjustment what so ever which is a key component when it comes to taking a wheel off-road. 

The S22 does have rebound adjustment. So that is a bit of tuning that the S22 has that the V11 doesn't.

My point is to say, it's not accurate to describe the V11 suspenion as fine tunable to the riders every need and the S22 as unadaptive. If anything... people weight doesn't change that much or often, so changing the damping based on what you expect to do (jump, bumps, stairs, etc) is arguably more useful than changing the 'effective preload' with the air chambers.

Now I am not bashing on the V11, but it seems that was your aim against Kingsong by making it seem like the V11 suspension was the pinnacle in fine tuning.

Edited by PourUC
Contents was duplicated twice (page looked frozen when i tried to submit, so I clicked twice more)
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Paul A said:

Was it reasonable that the S22 control board failed in the Ustride repeated, rapid succession, hard torque riding?

No. In terms of stress, this is nothing and should be absolutely normal. Just a little bit of braking and accelerating. Very reasonable usage for any wheel.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 3:03 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Yes. 
It is: discharge energy until 3.2V.
A nice summary is below.

For 3A/cell (a moderate, ~1200w discharge rate), the LG cells will give much more range.
For 10A/cell (a severe, ~4000w discharge rate), they're effectively equal.

Only better for racing (which was never the objective for S20).

And we can't say anything concrete about relative safety, yet.
Both cells are the usual, risky, Cobalt-based chemistry.
And the only M50LT pack that has burned thusfar is the NYC S20 demo, which was short-circuit discharged and set its nickel strips ablaze (fire initiated outside the cell). 

I'd prefer mine with 50E's, please...

AM-JKLWPNgVtWqy3-dFeN4JWLrWfMYjxMY80I1_k

You are correct (pretty much always the case lol). If your a light weight rider, or someone who just cruises around relatively slowly then the high capacity cells are fine and might suit you better. I have not run the numbers but I'm willing to bet that the S22 is capable of recharging M50LT cells at a rate that is higher than they are designed for. Long term this can lead to a dangerous situation that can ultimately result in a fire. I personally don't think its worth the risk of using low discharge cells in the wheel. The wheel is less likely to experience a cutout and catch on fire long term if it uses high discharge cells. I have a S22 pre-ordered (ewheels so it comes with 40T 😁) and I just pre-ordered a master from ewheels also with 40T cells. I think its totally crazy that they are even offering the Master with high capacity cells... its the most extreme performance wheel ever made and its only using 128 21700 cells... they NEED to be high discharge. I don't foresee many people buying a master to cruise slowly on it...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sevin7 said:

think its totally crazy that they are even offering the Master with high capacity cells... its the most extreme performance wheel ever made and its only using 128 21700 cells... they NEED to be high discharge. I don't foresee many people buying a master to cruise slowly on it...

In its 4p configuration you can Peak it at over 10000 Watts whithin their specification.....i dont think you will achieve this often for a longer time period because even If the Motor Delivers that than your Mainboard or wires Go to smoke before the Samsung 50E cells ....thats my opinion on this

• Like 1

Would this be equivalent to hitting (big) bumps, necessitating spike in current draw, presumably with the original higher capacity/lower discharge batteries?

Video upload date November 10, 2021, before the NYC fire.

KingsongS20 climbing Stairs with ease!

Nov 10, 2021

• Like 1

"Attack with ease"...ahhh.. he is kind of jumping one step at a time. Almost any wheel can do that if you can keep the balance.  Think i can do that with my old ninebot one^_^

• Like 1

Sales pitches shape everything in human history including engineering of EUCs.  Hub motors and Li-ion batteries are technology we're using before Manufacturers, engineers, and users can see a history of the new technology that would keep a sales-pitch in perspective.  The S20 climbing stairs in @Paul A's post above is a good sales pitch but we don't have a perspective including what current peaks are doing to battery service life, battery heating, battery susceptibility to fail/fire if another component fails.   Hub-motor configuration of an EUC works great but has horrendously inefficient torque-curve; hub motors don't work in airplanes, cars or trucks.  Li-ion batteries are getting better but EUC hub-motors use Li-ion at the limit of battery capability.  eWheels, @Jason McNeil, started a trend (I hope) by offering battery options.  With battery options users will report experiences, we'll accumulate user reports and we'll have a kind of 'shared history' to keep sales pitches in perspective.

New EUC products are failing often enough to interfere with EUC evolution, a good reason to pay attention to what EUC Manufacturers are doing.  

EUCs are a 'special use' category for battery-motor devices; hub motors have problematic power consumption and use Li-ion batteries at the edge of capacity.  But, maybe we're looking at one aspect of a race between Lithium batteries and what replaces them?  Solid-State, maybe?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PourUC said:

This still is counter to reality though.

Both the S22/S18 suspensions offer fine control and tuning. The S22 however, due to having a shock has less fine tuning.

The V11 isn't some pinnacle of fine tuning though. It has no rebound adjustment. Just a positive and negative chamber. There is no rebound time adjustment what so ever which is a key component when it comes to taking a wheel off-road. 

The S22 does have rebound adjustment. So that is a bit of tuning that the S22 has that the V11 doesn't.

My point is to say, it's not accurate to describe the V11 suspenion as fine tunable to the riders every need and the S22 as unadaptive. If anything... people weight doesn't change that much or often, so changing the damping based on what you expect to do (jump, bumps, stairs, etc) is arguably more useful than changing the 'effective preload' with the air chambers.

Now I am not bashing on the V11, but it seems that was your aim against Kingsong by making it seem like the V11 suspension was the pinnacle in fine tuning.

So far, only a few have answered a question from a member of our community. It is good to see that others are also expressing their views on this matter as I have done it already.

Looks like you didn't notice my first post, which was also a direct answer to the question. Please feel free to read it. All in all, I wrote about what I learned when I watched videos from the most famous youtubers about comparing the S20/S22 with the V11, and I included my personal experience with the Inmotion V11 to the answer.

It's just an opinion among others and the more opinions, the better. By the way, I also have the S20/S22 on my thoughts as the next wheel.