INMOTION V12 (pre-release)

Inmotion Global

1 minute ago, pkinpdx said:

For those of us who are in the first 30 ewheels pre-orders of the V12.  The boat hauling them is scheduled to arrive in LA on the 20th.

I saw this as well.. hopefully they will be in our hands before august!

49 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I saw this as well.. hopefully they will be in our hands before august!

Nahe. Not anymore you jinxed it. :w00t2:

50 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

The Nikola was in many ways Begode's attempt to make a wheel more appealing to the subset of the InMotion & King Song crowds seeking a bit more speed than the V10F or 18XL. And that's how it was received--the majority of die-hard Begode fans stuck with their MSP's and such for the larger tire and higher speeds, while dismissing the Nikola as a slower, "only 16in" wheel and absolutely hating the round aesthetic. Meanwhile I know a lot of InMotion & King Song owners for whom the Nik+ was their first Begode wheel (including myself)--many in this crowd were happy with their V10F's and 18XL's but wanted a bit more speed/headroom and maybe some increased cushion from the wider tire, and the Nik+ was it. And ultimately the Nik+ sold well to this demographic.

I'm squarely in that demographic and for those very reasons :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

This would be a fair argument if the Nikola was "just another Begode" wheel, but I think it loses the context of what the Nikola was.

The Nikola was in many ways Begode's attempt to make a wheel more appealing to the subset of the InMotion & King Song crowds seeking a bit more speed than the V10F or 18XL. And that's how it was received--the majority of die-hard Begode fans stuck with their MSP's and such for the larger tire and higher speeds, while dismissing the Nikola as a slower, "only 16in" wheel and absolutely hating the round aesthetic. Meanwhile I know a lot of InMotion & King Song owners for whom the Nik+ was their first Begode wheel (including myself)--many in this crowd were happy with their V10F's and 18XL's but wanted a bit more speed/headroom and maybe some increased cushion from the wider tire, and the Nik+ was it. And ultimately the Nik+ sold well to this demographic.

The V12 is best recognized first and foremost as a response to the Nikola taken in this context--targeted at those riders still invested in InMotion or King Song as companies (versus the straight-up Begode fans) but who strayed due to wanting speeds in the 30s mph, and who represent the currently-largest market segment InMotion could easily win back.

I get what you are saying! Funny enough i was going to pick up a Nik+ then V12 got announced.. So I held off. I did a lot of back and forth in my head. I usually go with the tride and true proven wheel, but this time i jumped on a 1st run.. Mainly due to the waterproofing and some of the amenities the V12 has. I am well aware that this may turn out to be a mistake lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I get what you are saying! Funny enough i was going to pick up a Nik+ then V12 got announced.. So I held off. I did a lot of back and forth in my head. I usually go with the tride and true proven wheel, but this time i jumped on a 1st run.. Mainly due to the waterproofing and some of the amenities the V12 has. I am well aware that this may turn out to be a mistake lol. 

The waterproofing on the Nikola is excellent, there doesn't appear to be anywhere water can get in, though the amenities are probably better on the V12. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, pkinpdx said:

For those of us who are in the first 30 ewheels pre-orders of the V12.  The boat hauling them is scheduled to arrive in LA on the 20th.

Where did you hear this date? I ordered June 13th so I'm not sure if I was a first 30 or not?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daytonalott said:

Where did you hear this date? I ordered June 13th so I'm not sure if I was a first 30 or not?

You would have to ask them.  One of the crew here in Portland ordered within 1 hour of the pre-order link going live and was number 20.

8 hours ago, Kurtosis said:

I ordered in early April and haven't heard anything since May 19.

you can probably email them to see where you are in the pre-order queue. 

At any rate if the shipment is coming into port on or around the 20th i am sure we will hear some news soon. 

Looks like the bulk order for these is delayed a bit. Just got the following in an email from eWheels:

Good morning, 

We wanted to reach out & give you V12 depositors a quick update: back in early May, when placing the order with Inmotion, they had advised that there was a targeted production of 2,000 Wheels (globally), scheduled this month. However, due to recent component & battery cell shortages, we've just been informed that this schedule has slipped to August, with an expected arrival/shipping out date in September. 

With this release, we've placed a substantial initial order & are confident there will be enough to cover all depositors who have placed an order from early May to present in this round. Furthermore, the wholesale price has increased by a couple hundred dollars since the announcement, but you're locked in at the original quoted $2,199 price. 

Will try to keep you informed on developments as progress is made. There is no need to respond to this email, we're all in the same boat.

Thank you & have a great rest of your day.

The eWheels Team 

Based on previous info, it sounds like this would apply to everyone not in the first 30 orders (based on a previous post, it sounds like those are already on a ship scheduled to arrive on the 20th).

Also looks like the price for the wheel is going up a bit (for those who did not preorder).

• Like 1

Looks like ewheels hasn't updated the price on the website quite yet. Anyone who was still considering pre-ordering might want to get it in now quick before the price goes up. :)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I feel like we're going to keep getting variations of this message over and over again over the next couple months, each time referring to different makes and models, and every time people are going to get re-riled up about it, when in fact this 'news' was really contained back in the original reports about the battery shortage. This is just confirmation that "yep, it's all playing out like expected, and this is life now until the battery shortage ends (hopefully sometime over the next few months)".

I just hope the shortage doesnt lead to a downgrade in quality of batteries.. Or manufacturers using sub quality battery suppliers. That would be a crappy scenario. I rather wait a bit or possibly pay a bit more to know i am getting what is expected.. Not sure how much of a price hike there will be. A few hundred is a decent bump up. 

55 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I just hope the shortage doesnt lead to a downgrade in quality of batteries.. Or manufacturers using sub quality battery suppliers. That would be a crappy scenario. I rather wait a bit or possibly pay a bit more to know i am getting what is expected.. Not sure how much of a price hike there will be. A few hundred is a decent bump up. 

I think Inmotion knows better than doing that. They gone up in parts (quality) history wise as far as I recall. 

And in improving solutions if shortcomings popped up. Maybe not as fast as people hoped but to me they are one of the better brands in this regard. We all wish it wouldn't be like this. Yet at least they move in the right direction. 

It happened several times with V11. 

• Like 1

V12 in Poland. First impression.

https://youtu.be/YbGxCLxGGk0

Really hope that it will be a successor of 16X with similar hill-climing ability. If it is only a matter of software / firmware optimisation, then even 1st batch could be good to buy.

Edited by PeWoo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oleg Artene said:

Until what battery percentage (how long) does V12 allow you to ride stable 32mph/50kmh?

50%, 30%, 10%?

Based on the direction they went with the V11 not throttling until 30%, I expect you should be able to sustain 32 mph to at least 30%, perhaps a bit lower since 32 mph is below the wheel's top speed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oleg Artene said:

Until what battery percentage (how long) does V12 allow you to ride stable 32mph/50kmh?

50%, 30%, 10%?

I think wrongway has a chart in his review of the preproduction version. I am sure that could change in the production version but It's probably pretty close.

3 hours ago, Oleg Artene said:

50%, 30%, 10%?

This will depend a little on the tire choice and standing vs sitting but FYI sustaining 50kmh on a 16" wheel is generally pretty hard unless the road condition is perfect. You should also look at a bigger wheel if wanting to sustain that kind of speed safely (especially if you're going to be riding with car traffic).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, conecones said:

You should also look at a bigger wheel if wanting to sustain that kind of speed safely (especially if you're going to be riding with car traffic).

Thanks, I am looking for a "car traffic" wheel.

Just sold my wheel yesterday (now I use a temporary small one) and was planning to wait for V12 to appear in stores. Because of 16' sometimes I start thinking to get something bigger/stable but the V12 quality attracts me back. I will try to find something else, and will discuss/ask about that in another topic.

Update:

I can't find anything else. I don't want Gotway because of bad trolley handle, weak shell, risky battery, hollow motor bearing problems/cost, no kickstand.

So at the moment only V12 feets my needs for a daily city commuter that is comfortable taking indoors (shops, restaurants).

Edited by Oleg Artene
  • Like 3