Nylonove Pedal thread

xiiijojjo

edit: changed title of thread from "Show me your Gotway RS mods" to better represent what the thread has turned into 

First of all i have the RS HS v1 with low pedals and the original software.

I don't have much going other than some custom pads i made out of the default bulky aliexpress pads which i cut up, shaved the back part off for more aggressive braking and padded up with some baby padding i got as a free gift when buying my wheel. It's not beautiful but i don't think it's too ugly either... Really i'm just not a fan of the look of pads i think eucs always look sexier without pads but i prefer function over form so i don't mind as they add soo much to the controllability.
As you will see from the pictures i also have my left pad farther forward than my right as my left leg is my dominant and i use it for acceleration and my submissive right leg is farther back (entire heel off the pedal) and so is the pad.

Beyond that i have a pedal angle of +8 degrees (heel lower, toes higher) mostly for better braking which has improved a lot from that change. (by calibrating euc not from modding my pedals)

I have some Nylonove pedals on their way too.

I want to get some kind of protection for the front of the RS as this is easily the point that sees the most damage in a highspeed crash and i have seen things like this front bumper and rear bumper but maybe i will end up just doing foamy material+ duct tape as it's not really too pretty to start with and having it printed is expensive. 

Initially i thought i would be getting the new higher pedal hangers but honestly these are great and i don't feel they are low as i don't really off-road coming from a v3 and tesla v1 with similar height i am used to this and it has become preference. I do get the occasional scrape when doing fast corners but never get stuck or have an accident as a result. 

I am thinking about potentially getting the newer mainboard with the new software at some point as low speed turning is really affected by pedal dip but beyond that i have not noticed any dips in other circumstances.

I really need to find a mod for louder warning beeps that isn't just moving the piezo closer to the rider i need it to blast the 80% warning at me.

IMG_20201211_190038.jpg

IMG_20201211_190056.jpg

IMG_20201211_190118.jpg

IMG_20201211_190250.jpg

Edited by xiiijojjo

6 minutes ago, shellac said:

do you have a link? 

of course here you go: https://hulaj.market/en/electric-unicycles/150-symmetrical-nylonove-for-gotway-msx-msp-mss-monster-nylon-feet-for-the-euc.html

In the description you will see:

"You get it:

• two pedals (feet)
  • two axes of hardened steel
  • a set of pins for both pedals "

those "two axes" are the part that the adjustable screws in the pedal dig into instead of the malleable chinesium(Chinese aluminium)  from default pedals. I'm pretty sure they all come with "two axes" and i don't see any reason to have that if the pedal is not adjustable to begin with so i conclude they all are adjustable but i may be wrong. 

The pedals in your link are non adjustable and he mean for sure axles instead axes. 

The stainless steel pedal axle has nothing to do with adjusting. 

As far as I can see the adjustable pedals are not listed. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

The pedals in your link are non adjustable and he mean for sure axles instead axes. 

The stainless steel pedal axle has nothing to do with adjusting. 

Well can you please point me to the ones shown in this video from wrong way where he posts this link in the description linking to pedals all of which virtually all have the same product description(minus 1 or two that does not mention "two axes").

Am i a victim of false advertising lol?

23 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Well can you please point me to the ones shown in this video from wrong way 

As Adam says on the video - "they will be available very soon on hulaj market" (around 1m 54s).  I'm keen on buying a pair for my RS, once they are available.  Actually, I'd be pretty happy to buy the standard ones - I think they'd be much better than stock or Chicway pedals.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Well can you please point me to the ones shown in this video from wrong way where he posts this link in the description linking to pedals all of which virtually all have the same product description(minus 1 or two that does not mention "two axes").

Am i a victim of false advertising lol?

I ordered directly from Nylonove adjustable Sherman XL pedal for my MSP. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I see thank you i just hope they come with a relatively flat dihedral angle

Check the other pictures 1-7 in the photo thread regarding the lowest possible pedal angle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shellac said:

I kind of like how wide the RS pedals are. I need to think about whether i really want more narrow pedals. The nylonove are pretty sweet though. 

Aren't the NyloNove pedals 280mm x 130mm?  My RS pedals measure around 230mm x 130mm so the NyloNove pedals should be just as wide and a bit longer which suits me with my size 11 feet!

It seems like a good idea to order the Sherman adjustable pedals with a not that they are for the Gotway so please reverse the magnets - then they should go straight on the RS and work great.

4 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

Quick thought:

Are the adjustable pedals going to be the same size as the XL pedals?

I’m not sure. The XL are 130 mm but if you look at the image in the texts from Nylonove guy they look to be a bit narrower than the XL. Maybe they’ll have it in both sizes?

edit: from @buell47’s pic the 130 mm does have the adjustable angles

@xiiijojjoSorry your mod topic has turned into a pedal discussion. I am planning some minor mods to my RS, biggest one being a noseguard as soon as someone offers one for sale or for printing. Not into powerpads myself—I’m working to see if I can unlock the torque without using them. I might change my tune down the road though, will see. 

Edited by shellac

• xiiijojjo changed the title to Nylonove Pedal thread

Is there a way for me to contact Mr. Nylonove directly? I’m hoping to purchase the Nylonoves for my V11, but Hulaj still hasn’t gotten them in 2 months after the original expected date. I need to buy the Inmotion Honeycombs instead if the wait continues.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Is there a way for me to contact Mr. Nylonove directly? I’m hoping to purchase the Nylonoves for my V11, but Hulaj still hasn’t gotten them in 2 months after the original expected date.

@mrelwood If you use Facebook at all, you can contact him with a direct Facebook message!  I recently contacted him that way to ask about the upcoming S18 and Sherman XL pedals and his reply was quite prompt: https://www.facebook.com/NyloNove-107496464331841

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

@mrelwood If you use Facebook at all, you can contact him with a direct Facebook message!  I recently contacted him that way to ask about the upcoming S18 and Sherman XL pedals and his reply was quite prompt: https://www.facebook.com/NyloNove-107496464331841

Thanks! I had to bite the bullet really really hard, but finally gave in to the luring Sirens of EUCism, and logged in to my fake Facehell account. And Mr. Nylonove replied immediately. :lol:

Nylonove 2.0 Symmetrical for V11 will be available at Hulaj market in early January!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Thanks! I had to bite the bullet really really hard, but finally gave in to the luring Sirens of EUCism, and logged in to my fake Facehell account. And Mr. Nylonove replied immediately. :lol:

Nylonove 2.0 Symmetrical for V11 will be available at Hulaj market in early January!

The things we do because we have an addiction to EUCs. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

The things we do because we have an addiction to EUCs. 

The pinnacle of the sacifices I have made in length, just to serve the EUC gods is probably installing the actual WhatsApp on my phone. MAN that hurt... 

• Like 3

Goddam Im getting Inmotion Honeycombs tomorrow, Id much rather have the Nylonove (adjustable studs) but I was under the impression that Inmotion and Nylonove made a deal about it so that Inmotion had no compitition on the V11. If I critesize Chinese products in broad terms the internet police will come after me and maybe you.  Why the hell didnt they just tell us  the V11 nylonove was on its way, its been out of stock

since summer ... Oh well  we will see if I need 2 upgrade  Inmotions version is 129 USD while Nylonove is 199 USD  adjustable studs are very good for snow and dogturd .... 

image.png.ae6b5b506caa8f29df77e8858f03841d.png