Riding inside stores?

mhpr262

5 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

And I want a second video that shows him running away from the police! :D

I just moved to a country where euc's are legal so i don't think i'll have to do that again but if i ever have to i'll turn on my phone camera for sure lol. Also i will attempt to try and ride inside stores here but it's a very different country and supermarkets so i have no idea if that would even be possible. 

I can however still post videos about my riding style once i have a wheel.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

Are rollerskates, bikes and skateboards OK in that shop? If not maybe you should reconsider?  Just my 2 cents have fun mate. 

@Finn Bjerke as a fellow dane, you can probably find out better but I have a feeling Denmark's laws are quiet unique. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, xiiijojjo said:

....I am an adult and a criminal I don't care about your feelings.....

This is jail time in most countries, no?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Surfling said:

@Finn Bjerke as a fellow dane, you can probably find out better but I have a feeling Denmark's laws are quiet unique. 

This is jail time in most countries, no?

only if you get caught AND they can prove it... At least its somewhat like that around here, thank GOD!!! Me, I'm an angel, I didndunuffin!:ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Maybe we should just start driving our cars into stores...it's supposed to be curbside, right?

You do you man i'm neither responsible for nor invested in your actions.

Edited by xiiijojjo

On 11/19/2020 at 5:23 PM, atdlzpae said:

@Circuitmage It has already been done. :D

You gotta luv a little russian ??? hijinx! Luvable scamps pulling off a harmless caper... They really had their route planned - 3 camera setup with a couple of secret 'bystanders' getting the optional angles. Security guard is like: ''ahh u crazy kids n ur fun lovin pranks! Get dat jalopy outta here and go find somethin tall to climb!''. I luv it!

While some panelists on this august Forum may have replied on the basis of their limited, provincial experience (e.g., bodegas in Baltimore), I have quite a bit of knowledge about Danish norms of shopping, on account of I used to have an Ikea bookshelf that I plumb near wore out a pair of shoes while buying.  Indeed all the walking is a problem for the shop as well, because clients may turn 65 years old before they reach the checkout, and demand a discount.  It beats me why stores do not ask all customers to go through on a unicycle.  And let us not fret about the stop-and-go, carrying a trolley, reaching the high or low shelf, etc.  For another thing about shopping in Denmark, which anyone could learn if only they troubled themselves to visit an Ikea store, is that you do not pluck things off a shelf and lug them in a trolley.  You merely make a note of things, then order them from a catalog, and later your mom picks them up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toad said:

While some panelists on this august Forum may have replied on the basis of their limited, provincial experience (e.g., bodegas in Baltimore), I have quite a bit of knowledge about Danish norms of shopping, on account of I used to have an Ikea bookshelf that I plumb near wore out a pair of shoes while buying.  Indeed all the walking is a problem for the shop as well, because clients may turn 65 years old before they reach the checkout, and demand a discount.  It beats me why stores do not ask all customers to go through on a unicycle.  And let us not fret about the stop-and-go, carrying a trolley, reaching the high or low shelf, etc.  For another thing about shopping in Denmark, which anyone could learn if only they troubled themselves to visit an Ikea store, is that you do not pluck things off a shelf and lug them in a trolley.  You merely make a note of things, then order them from a catalog, and later your mom picks them up.

Legend tells that a young Ingvar Kamprad (back in Älmhult Sweden) found it quite tiring to deliver his minimalist designs to the locals. At one point he even resorted to stealing the village idiot's unicycle in order to speed up deliveries. But many a finished product ended up in splinters as he too often failed to navigate the stony, rugged landscape of Småland. Indeed so arduous was the task that he convinced his mother, Rodhgärdh - a handsome stout woman whose beard was always kept well-trimmed - to deliver his creations. Sadly, no matter how many trips she took into the frozen wasteland, Rodhgärdh was never able to keep up with demand as she could only lug 2 unwieldy SKOGSTA  10 person dining sets per outing. Nonetheless, after many years trudging tables throughout the countryside, Rodhgärdh developed such stamina that she decided to move to Malmö & open a rickshaw business.

Heartbroken and near destitute, Ingvar swore to prevent such a calamity from happening again. He had to find a way to deny his father Styrløghr - his only remaining delivery option - any form of economic emancipation. If Styrløghr achieved even half of Rodhgärdh's stamina & strength, he would surely be off to nearby Bökhult to haul a fancy cab (as their Gotland pony had recently died of old age). If only Ingvar could find a way to make his Scandi designs more compact and easy to transport, he could limit each delivery to a single streamlined package which Styrløghr would carry one at a time. Then his dear father could never become strong enough to aspire to hauling rickshaws or fancy cabs etc. And this gentle reader is when Ingvar had his Eureka moment - and thus was born the flatpack that propelled Ikea to world dominance...

NB - I apologise in advance if this post offends our nordic brethren due to its reliance on reductionist tropes. I share my guilt with @Toadwho is partially responsible for a very unexpected narrative turn...

Edited by amelanso
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Wood said:

Do we really need a thread on this? Surely just use your common sense and walk like everyone else and don't be seen as a nuisance...  The great thing about eucs is their dead convenient and easy  to trolley around.. :w00t2:who knew

walking is for suckers!

• Like 1

For heaven sake, there is really not a need to lecture this guy from Denmark...far far away from us. He is the best judge of his own situation and he is the only person responsible for his own action. What do we know? Maybe he owns the whole town there! Maybe everyone there is voting for him for his audacity for going extremely green. Maybe he has an invisible EUC we don't know anything about...  Maybe he is riding on clouds....:lol::roflmao: 

BTW, in San Francisco, we do have cars driving in stores, it's called broad daylight drive-in robbery!

Edited by scubadragosan
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:43 AM, amelanso said:

Dnmrk snds like a grt place to live!

how many times hv u done this? u hv nvr been asked to dismnt? 

any other folks rolling arnd inside ( other pev, sktboards etc)?

When u hv to stop or cash out u keep one foot on pedal? 

Riding inside is very fun - i learned to ride after hours in my school.  euc very nice way to get arnd large indoor spaces. But like Icarus i flew too close to the sun - i almost mowed down school principal going arnd a corner one day so they clipped my wings ☹️

Im at a new even bigger school now so I ride again. endless smooth floors - heaven!

Sadly I have once again been forced to join the ranks of the indoor walking suckers - inspector buzzkill ( aka Chuck the Repairman ) lodged a complaint against me and my indoor land-gliding licence has been revoked. Chuck will now move onto investigating other heinous crimes -  rumors of a teacher seen running with scissors! 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey it's the guy riding inside stores back again. 

So i have moved countries a few times since last commenting in this thread and i just wanted to inform everyone that i have not been able to ride inside stores in any meaningful capacity since living in Denmark. 

In both countries i've lived in it was virtually impossible to ride inside stores as many of them has security guards of some kind. In Portugal i had some success in certain smaller independent shops whereas in the malls it was impossible because of all the security. In spain they have even more store/mall security so i don't even attempt it here as they really like doing their job. 

I guess u just have to gauge your stores and store clerks, helps if you know them lol.  

• Like 1

Not going to lie. I have never once thought of riding my EUC inside. I personally try to be as incognito as possible. Everyone has their own opinions of course. I do take my euc in stores but usually just carry or push. The last thing i want is people to potentially complain as I know the second I'm seen in a negative light my "grey area" vehicle becomes unwanted and under the spotlight from police/security and that scares/detours me. 

Edited by EUCandME
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 9:32 PM, atdlzpae said:

It's not Russia, the video title is not in Cyrillic alphabet. :D

poland.jpg.26ebfd7ca57888f0c4efa655fa6b3335.jpg
The filming bystander definitely was in cahoots, but I seriously doubt the security guy was. After all, he's the one who gets the blame if something happens.

Wrong Way?