My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I am 5'9" or 176cm 

I am not sure how (not really true:cry2:) but I got to a whopping 86kg/189 lbs today (no gear or backpack) that is now 11kg/24lbs up in less than 12 months :facepalm:

Working from home (due to covid-19) counts for the biggest increase jump. 

Once my straight leg (180 degrees bends to a 135degress I start to get slight control issue left knee. Going g down to 90 degrees makes it hard to lift/raise to straight. On the KS16X I need to bend even further so doing this makes it close to impossible to raise to standing in a controlled manner with only half a foot touching pedals. 

But I look forward for your videos. As for seat I know Inmotion are close to a solution according to Liam. 

The Inmotion seat will probably be OK for the masses, but I'm confident my solution will be better.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

For you it'll be Monday :laughbounce2:

:roflmao:you Americans are always just that bit behind.....:whistling::w00t2:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

V11 Seated Riding - The Best Experience Ever

I have my V11 seat (custom make) and can tell you, circa August 2020, the V11 is the most comfortable seated cruising experience to be had, IMO.

More to follow ...

Patiently waiting to see this!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do you have a photo of the seat?

I expect it is a reuse of what he use on another wheel (bike seat mounted in a U-shaped metal frame).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I wrongly thought there was an official Inmotion seat.

They have announced an official InMotion seat is in the works/supposed to be coming fairly soon. No idea what it looks like or when it will be released, however.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

IMG_4126-HDR

If you decide to sell these - you have a buyer willing to pay premium to have it first. If you want to post DIY instructions, you have a patron willing to donate directly to your cause and the EUC world in general. I hate the current block “seats” on the market - this looks like the way to go. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

If you decide to sell these - you have a buyer willing to pay premium to have it first. If you want to post DIY instructions, you have a patron willing to donate directly to your cause and the EUC world in general. I hate the current block “seats” on the market - this looks like the way to go. 

Oh, the seat :D

I'm editing the DIY video now

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, the seat :D

I'm editing the DIY video now

Starting to get late Monday now :P

• Like 2

When you fall maybe the seat will stop the tumbling and rotation of the wheel so there is no "tennis ball effect"?   YES I wrote: "When you fall ........"  It might hurt the trolley handle but bystanders will not be " EUC bowling pins?" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, h3X said:

Did you film overheat hill yet? Anxiously awaiting it...

Me too. But I guess that this hill is going to be the last thing in his list, because it might be the last thing Marty would be able to do. :D

• Like 1

Now @Marty Backe about the V11. It seems you are fairly happy with it after all, and considering it is a pre-production version too. 

But in case you could only have 2 wheels. Would the V11 make that list right now?

Reason why I say 2 wheels is you can select 2 very different wheels made for different purposes as no one wheel can do all superior to another. It is just too much compromise to have 1 wheel only. 

Now I know we ride different styles, places and weather. 

I decided to go get a RØDE wireæess Go mic kit (picking it up today or tomorrow) so I get more choices to filming once I get my V11. 

I think it will be very clear what and why I look things different to many riders. We shall see if this brings something new. 

Anyway like you style of videos Marty. But not really any point in doing similar style. So I try to make it different yet about EUC and mainly V11. 

My last few days riding in Denmark got me to learn a few things about the Insta360one R camera. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zopper said:

Me too. But I guess that this hill is going to be the last thing in his list, because it might be the last thing Marty would be able to do. :D

Exactly