My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

With about 50-miles under my belt, in my opinion suspensions will become the new standard within a year, like 3-inch tires are the new standard.

The V11 suspension is amazing - I love it. You still feel all the bumps but the harshness is eliminated

So is this a slight "I like the V11" I am hearing?

Well just an odd question how is the walking speed riding on the V11? Let's say compared to KS18L/XL or KS16X? I think the Z10 and KS16X is very easy to ride slower than walking speed. Where the KS18L is a bit harder, it stakes more effort to balance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well just an odd question how is the walking speed riding on the V11? Let's say compared to KS18L/XL or KS16X? I think the Z10 and KS16X is very easy to ride slower than walking speed. Where the KS18L is a bit harder, it stakes more effort to balance.

The V11 is very well balanced and is easy to ride slow.

Is it really a surprise that I like a variety of wheels? I'll probably love the S18 too.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, Unventor said:

It is very easy to ride the V11 slow, it reminds me of the Mten3 and the Z10. 

• Like 2

All i can say is Wow and what an utter shame it didn't let you complete the range test with go home mode which read 33% battery left, you could of got another 15 miles on top of the 48👍so 60+ miles 😊

If it's 1420wh it's even more impressive what range you got 👍

The tilt back can be fixed with a firmware update

Did you look at euc world app what was the battery percentage on there after enabling the go home mode

Thanks for testing this and all your work and walks home 😬

Inmotion should give you a production model for free because it will be over heat hill soon

Thanks

Ps!  

I think the preduction wheel will be sound ,the demo has a different board , has anybody on here got a V11 and can tell us if go home mode works

• Like 2

Sudden quick tiltback is not good, maybe some warning beeps and gentle tiltback so there is time to stop could be in the next firmware update? 

I'd rather not have a go home mode and just have speed reduced through beeps down to empty like a gotway. I don't like the "flighty feeling my kingsong has when the battery is low, I prefer to just listen for the beeps on my gotway. 

That wheel probably had another 5 miles of 18mph cruising left in the tank and another 5 of limping before it would have been done. Pretty impressive if they fix the low battery behavior. 

The way it is now just seems dangerous. What if you were going 25 and hit an incline, the voltage drop could trigger this "get off me" behavior!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stephen said:

All i can say is Wow and what an utter shame it didn't let you complete the range test with go home mode which read 33% battery left, you could of got another 15 miles on top of the 48👍so 60+ miles 😊

If it's 1420wh it's even more impressive what range you got 👍

The tilt back can be fixed with a firmware update

Did you look at euc world app what was the battery percentage on there after enabling the go home mode

Thanks for testing this and all your work and walks home 😬

Inmotion should give you a production model for free because it will be over heat hill soon

Thanks

Ps!  

I think the preduction wheel will be sound ,the demo has a different board , has anybody on here got a V11 and can tell us if go home mode works

Thanks Stephen. It would be great to hear if the Go Home mode works on a production wheel. Duf doesn't believe in going below 25% but maybe someone else can try. They do need to upgrade to the latest firmware.

I did not try EUC World at that stage of the ride. I did compare EUC World against the Inmotion app a few times during the ride and the numbers always matched.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I did not try EUC World at that stage of the ride. I did compare EUC World against the Inmotion app a few times during the ride and the numbers always matched

I just wondered if the hidden battery percentage shown up on euc world 

Can't you go do it all again:w00t2:😁 

Ps did you notice the voltage when it tilted back?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

@Marty Backe do you think there is a chance we can get a toggle in the app to disable the go home function have it act like a normal wheel? 

Maybe it's just what I'm used too getting in the way but I'd rather the wheel just ride to empty like all the other ones.....with much slower tiltback, or better yet beeps as a warning before tiltback. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flying W said:

@Marty Backe do you think there is a chance we can get a toggle in the app to disable the go home function have it act like a normal wheel? 

Maybe it's just what I'm used too getting in the way but I'd rather the wheel just ride to empty like all the other ones.....with much slower tiltback, or better yet beeps as a warning before tiltback. 

I think the go home mode is a good feature as long as they fix the quickness of the tiltback beforehand , then when you activate go home mode you know you've got to take it steady I'm sure Inmotion said it's fixed to 25kph( maybe) but if it really was at 33% battery there's still alot in the tank so maybe that's to early ,20% would be better but then again it depend how far you are from home 😂

• Like 3