My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

So just to be clear. Those few mins has not even bought up some curiosity how this V11 would be to ride. 

Now admitted the demo wheel is a little obsolete since there are so many details that has changed to production and the later 2nd batch. 

It is too bad you didn't get to ride it more. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The V11 is officially dead. Well, this has been the shortest eval of a wheel yet.

Sorry to hear Marty! We were all looking forward to your review. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The V11 is officially dead. Well, this has been the shortest eval of a wheel yet.

When I bought the V10, it was basically dead on arrival. I didn’t give it a second chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wounder the shower down by evX might have something to do with it. 

That some connection got water into it. It wound be interesting to know the cause at least. 

Now @Marty Backe I know you like GW (and probably the boxy look), but what do you think of the V11 now that you seen it irl?

• Like 2

Sad news. Sorry to hear. I hope you get a chance to ride one in the future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

☹️ Oooh bugger ,,was looking forward to your opinions 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I wounder the shower down by evX might have something to do with it. 

Think it was the firmware update that wasn't compatible with the demo for some strange reason 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:34 AM, Marty Backe said:

I did get to ride a suspension wheel for about 2-minutes

Was it comfortable , what was the torque like, and what range did you get:laughbounce2::w00t2::roflmao:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So, @Liam Zeng came through with some more ideas and we fully recovered the V11. It's back in the game :thumbup:

First solid ride will be tomorrow

Oooh thats good news I'm sure me and many others are happy about that ,, plus yourself ofc👍 can't wait

• Like 2

Great news! Really looking forward to your first impressions riding with suspension. I would love a comparison of this and the Veteran when it comes to riding comfort.

• Like 1

I'm very impressed with the build quality of the V11 and the amount of metal in it. Everything that holds your body to the wheel is metal. The plastic only servers to contain the batteries.

And the simple way that the side saddles attach to the wheel make it possible for easy user created sides to be installed for a totally different look.

So, @Liam Zeng came through with some more ideas and we fully recovered the V11. It's back in the game :thumbup:

First solid ride will be tomorrow.

:laughbounce2:

Just make sure the weather forecast doesn't have rain in it and don't ride in the ocean! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duf said:

Just make sure the weather forecast doesn't have rain in it and don't ride in the ocean! ;)

Or those attacking water diversion channels around LA.

If I recall right they have swallowed a few GW wheels over the years....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duf said:

Good point. I'm going to be riding along the beach and I might have been tempted to take it through the ocean surf. It may be best if I forego that with this wheel :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Bumped into @maltocs at the beach today and let his son Brandon take the V11 for a spin

So, what did you find to be the optimal suspension pressure for a 6 yr old? :roflmao:

That kid has it DOWN! Control, precision, restraint, looking ahead, ... Everything that makes you a good rider! Amazing kid. I do feel sorry for his crotch though, the V11 is a tall wheel, the demo unit even more so. :blink:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Bumped into @maltocs at the beach today and let his son Brandon take the V11 for a spin

Such a pleasure to watch him ride. Curious what the EUC industry will be unveiling when @maltocs turns 16.:confused1:

Strange sightings at your beach Marty. :blink1:

50176215968_f2138ae0a8_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Such a pleasure to watch him ride. Curious what the EUC industry will be unveiling when @maltocs turns 16.:confused1:

Strange sightings at your beach Marty. :blink1:

50176215968_f2138ae0a8_b.jpg

Have you been to Venice Beach? There's nothing strange here! Old guy on a unicycle chasing my kid with a camera, totally normal in Venice Beach. 😀😀

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Have you been to Venice Beach? There's nothing strange here! Old guy on a unicycle chasing my kid with a camera, totally normal in Venice Beach. 😀😀

No I’ve never had the opportunity. I have heard about old guys doing strange things in public. :facepalm:   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

A true suspension stress test! :roflmao:

Hey, the V11 is much more than just a suspension wheel :D

• Like 3