My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I already fell off the back of the V11 :D I was coming down a mountain road and going around a blind corner where the road stopped at a T intersection. I was prepared to roll through the stop sign and unexpectedly a car was approaching the intersection. I had to stop as fast as I could (not really possible when sitting) so I fell off the back and the wheel crashed on it's side.

Fortunately I wasn't going too fast by the time I fell off the back, and you don't fall very far when you are sitting. It was mostly embarrassing :facepalm:

No damage to the seat or handle.

Purchased the equipment on your amazon page. Excited to do this when mine comes. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No damage to the seat or handle.

And the pedals?:whistling:

Sorry I guess you are alright. So no need to ask.:w00t2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

And the pedals?:whistling:

Sorry I guess you are alright. So no need to ask.:w00t2:

Do pedals ever get damaged?

This wasn't exactly a hard crash :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here is my implementation for a seat on the V11. Having probably ridden at least 30-miles while seated on this wheel, I'm prepared to say that it's my most comfortable wheel yet made for seated riding.

You know what would be hilarious? 

Is if Inmotion took your idea serious and made the seat pretty close to this but with a more elegant, tool-less removable mount. 

I mean, you get suspension on the wheel and on your arse! win-win! If the V11 pass OHH. 

V11F with more battery, might be Marty's EUC of the YEAR. :w00t2:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Mine too! Although I will probably DIY an F to my V11 by myself before they do... Let the contest begin, who has the first 2250Wh V11?? :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, onizukagto said:

You know what would be hilarious? 

Is if Inmotion took your idea serious and made the seat pretty close to this but with a more elegant, tool-less removable mount. 

I mean, you get suspension on the wheel and on your arse! win-win! If the V11 pass OHH. 

Seat design prediction:

The official Inmotion seat will replace the saddle entirely, consisting of two parts:

1) The seat portion which fastens into the 4 horizontal screw mounts (currently used to immobilize the saddle top.)

2) The current saddle "stirrups" will be covered by identical Left/Right "blanks".  

By designing the seat and stirrups as a separate components, the seat will be compatible with a separate kuji pads accessory which will be mounted on the stirrups (replacing the "blanks") and be affixed by the two screws above the pedals.

Edited by musk
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, musk said:

Seat design prediction:

The official Inmotion seat will replace the saddle entirely, consisting of two parts:

1) The seat portion which fastens into the 4 horizontal screw mounts (currently used to immobilize the saddle top.)

2) The current saddle "stirrups" will be covered by identical Left/Right "blanks".  

By designing the seat and stirrups as a separate components, the seat will be compatible with a separate kuji pads accessory which will be mounted on the stirrups and be affixed by the two screws above the pedals.

Sounds interesting. I wonder how much it's going to cost?

5 hours ago, musk said:

Seat design prediction:

By designing the seat and stirrups as a separate components, the seat will be compatible with a separate kuji pads accessory which will be mounted on the stirrups (replacing the "blanks") and be affixed by the two screws above the pedals.

Just one question, if its like this....the original saddle has a "hole" at the top to give space to the handle. The handle is stationary while the saddle moves up and down with the suspension pedals (correct me if i'm wrong?)

If the official seat is on the "saddle" part, does that mean the seat will cover the handle? Or will the seat have a "hole" to allow access to the handle?

But if there is a "hole" for the handle, when you sit on the "seat saddle" part that moves, won't your arse hit the handle every time the "seat saddle" suspension compress downwards? 

:unsure::blink1:

Edited by onizukagto

2 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

The handle is stationary while the saddle moves up and down with the suspension pedals.

Doesn’t seem so. The handle is a part of the suspended structure the saddle is attached to.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Doesn’t seem so. The handle is a part of the suspended structure the saddle is attached to.

Cheers. i didn't make it clear in my last post that I remember seeing the side saddles moving with the pedals and when duf removed them you can see the metal structure with the handle, i didn't remember if that was attached to the suspension or not. So the realisation of handle in the arse became worrying. :roflmao:

Edited by onizukagto

7 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Just one question, if its like this....the original saddle has a "hole" at the top to give space to the handle. The handle is stationary while the saddle moves up and down with the suspension pedals (correct me if i'm wrong?)

If the official seat is on the "saddle" part, does that mean the seat will cover the handle? Or will the seat have a "hole" to allow access to the handle?

But if there is a "hole" for the handle, when you sit on the "seat saddle" part that moves, won't your arse hit the handle every time the "seat saddle" suspension compress downwards? 

:unsure::blink1:

You are incorrect. The saddle is attached to the metal framework which also forms the handle. Everything but the motor and batteries moves up and down.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hal Farrenkopf said:

Next, everyone will be discussing which bike seat or unicycle seat is best to mount on it......  LOL

Riding a real pedal unicycle hurts my privates and finding the right seat and angle was challenging......

I have a feeling based on what Marty is saying that is no issue here. 

24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The board?:efeebb3acc:

The main body is still and the saddle with attached pedals moves, right?

Yeah, just you, the pedals, saddle, and seat move.

I need to memorize the V11 because I keep forgetting what moves and doesn't move. EUC's are getting too complicated :facepalm:

• Like 2

@Marty Backe This seat mod is absolutely fantastic. I used to be pretty active here, but I haven't ridden in several years, apart from a few performances, due to life getting in the way. Your work on the V11 has finally encouraged me to join the waiting list. Thanks for all of your work.

You may recall I built the electric-assist unicycle that I posted here on the forums a few years back. I'm (very) slowly working on v2 which will be geared up, and now I feel like it absolutely must have suspension.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, codersarepeople said:

@Marty Backe This seat mod is absolutely fantastic. I used to be pretty active here, but I haven't ridden in several years, apart from a few performances, due to life getting in the way. Your work on the V11 has finally encouraged me to join the waiting list. Thanks for all of your work.

You may recall I built the electric-assist unicycle that I posted here on the forums a few years back. I'm (very) slowly working on v2 which will be geared up, and now I feel like it absolutely must have suspension.

Hi, and yes, I remember you and your innovative work :cheers:

It always gives me great pleasure to know that I've inspired people to become active with EUC's. Thanks :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hal Farrenkopf said:

I guess you haven't seen how many types and styles of unicycle seats there are........

I’m stating this specific combo works and I’ve purchased the exact items he recommended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

11pm UK time that's ok for Marty 😁 can't wait 👍

See you in the Chat at 11 Stephen :)