My V11 Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe This is the very reason I mentioned many weeks ago, here and on Facebook, that the GotWay EX suspension design is totally flawed!!!  If the Inmotion V11 shocks can suffer damage in the position they are situated far closer in towards the wheel (basically inline with the shell), what chance do the GotWay EX shocks, situated way, way out to the side stand of not getting destroyed/bent/jammed up at the very first impact????  Smacks of GotWay's usual lack of thinking things through, just to get a New and competitive wheel out as quickly as possible!

Yeah but it's only going to be £3000+ who cares if you bend a shock 😬😬😬😬

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Seba said:

I unintentionally allowed my V11 to go down to 15% at about 82 km (because of no place to charge for a long time during my countryside ride away from even a small towns) and... nothing happened. At 15 % voltage was about 68 V. Lowest battery level was 14%. Now I'm on a charging stop and plan to charge for the rest of my ride (about 60 km). So still the 15% threshold and below to be researched.

Try see if you can enable go home mode everyone wants to know if it works if you can battery should go down to 63v using that , i know you have to charge when you can though 👍👍 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe This is the very reason I mentioned many weeks ago, here and on Facebook, that the GotWay EX suspension design is totally flawed!!!  If the Inmotion V11 shocks can suffer damage in the position they are situated far closer in towards the wheel (basically inline with the shell), what chance do the GotWay EX shocks, situated way, way out to the side stand of not getting destroyed/bent/jammed up at the very first impact????  Smacks of GotWay's usual lack of thinking things through, just to get a New and competitive wheel out as quickly as possible!

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to take the EX on anything but mellow trails with no ground obstacles.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

So I have to say that apparently I'm a lucky guy. I had ~15 % when I was about 6 km to my destination. When I arrived, V11 signalled low battery just at the front door of my hotel :D It was 8 % and 66 V. I tried to activate "go home", but nothing happened. I turned wheel off and on, but this only caused it to tilt forward. So my first though was that it just doesn't work, as in Marty's case. I left the wheel in my room and went for dinner. Then returned back to the room and decided to give the wheel another try. I turned it on, but again - it tilted forward. So I started EUC World, tried to activate "go home" - nothing happened again. But.. I momentarily pressed the handle button to disengage motor for a while... and voilla! Wheel started to balance :) So I thing the key is to momentarily disengage the motor to activate go home mode after it was enabled by the app.

Nice one @Seba so there is a way even if it's not the right one yet lol ,, so did your battery percentage go up when you activated it and what voltage did it let you go down to etc ,, any more info appreciated 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

So I have to say that apparently I'm a lucky guy. I had ~15 % when I was about 6 km to my destination. When I arrived, V11 signalled low battery just at the front door of my hotel :D It was 8 % and 66 V. I tried to activate "go home", but nothing happened. I turned wheel off and on, but this only caused it to tilt forward. So my first though was that it just doesn't work, as in Marty's case. I left the wheel in my room and went for dinner. Then returned back to the room and decided to give the wheel another try. I turned it on, but again - it tilted forward. So I started EUC World, tried to activate "go home" - nothing happened again. But.. I momentarily pressed the handle button to disengage motor for a while... and voilla! Wheel started to balance :) So I thing the key is to momentarily disengage the motor to activate go home mode after it was enabled by the app.

Do you also have to stand on your left leg? :D

Cool info. I may try this again after a long ride.

So up until ~8% you had no low battery warnings?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

V11 Seated Riding - The Best Experience Ever

I have my V11 seat (custom make) and can tell you, circa August 2020, the V11 is the most comfortable seated cruising experience to be had, IMO.

More to follow ...

:clap3: I’m going to follow the instructions in your coming how-to video and make my own! I was planning to modify my 18L seat but I suspect you’ll have a better solution. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

:clap3: I’m going to follow the instructions in your coming how-to video and make my own! I was planning to modify my 18L seat but I suspect you’ll have a better solution. :)

Sunday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

:popcorn: comfort is one thing. But how is ease of seated riding and the control?  

My bad knee prevented me to practice on my KS16X as I can't control the balance to sit or stand shift due to my bad knee. I have been trying to raise my knees control on this motion, but right now I don't think my benefit is worth the risk. I have my KS16X seat and still practice to build up my knee but it is a very slow process (in my situation).

I am looking forward to you V11 videos still. In lag of having my V11 yet. Despite it getting closer. 

Riding the V11 seated is a beautiful experience, in all regards. And the ability to dynamically (without stopping) change the pedal angle effectively gives you a secondary means of speed control (other than leaning). I'm 5'11" tall and this seat allows me to sit without having to bend my knees much.

• Like 1

Just now, Marek Mazur said:

Marty do you think if v11 will allow to ride sitting if rider is 200lbs and more? sometimes wheel support only light riders

Absolutely - at least my seat design will.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Riding the V11 seated is a beautiful experience, in all regards. And the ability to dynamically (without stopping) change the pedal angle effectively gives you a secondary means of speed control (other than leaning). I'm 5'11" tall and this seat allows me to sit without having to bend my knees much.

I am 5'9" or 176cm 

I am not sure how (not really true:cry2:) but I got to a whopping 86kg/189 lbs today (no gear or backpack) that is now 11kg/24lbs up in less than 12 months :facepalm:

Working from home (due to covid-19) counts for the biggest increase jump. 

Once my straight leg (180 degrees bends to a 135degress I start to get slight control issue left knee. Going g down to 90 degrees makes it hard to lift/raise to straight. On the KS16X I need to bend even further so doing this makes it close to impossible to raise to standing in a controlled manner with only half a foot touching pedals. 

But I look forward for your videos. As for seat I know Inmotion are close to a solution according to Liam. 

• Like 2