My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

This is the wheel to have for sure. Order placed. Thanks for your input Marty. Looking forward to more videos. 

Edited by Patton250
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

An Emotional Experience

I just returned from my first extended high-speed ride on the Sherman. 40-miles. About 20-miles into the ride I was seriously feeling emotional from riding the wheel. This was the first time I felt comfortable and at ease cruising at 30-mph. It was an amazing ride. I felt kind of newborn, from an EUC perspective. DO NOT buy this wheel if you don't want to ride fast all the time. And buy the best safety gear that you can afford.

Tomorrow I'll post the high-speed range test (partial) video. The objective was to ride the wheel super hard for 40-miles and see how the battery was drained. Let's just say I was blown away from the performance/efficiency of this wheel.

The wheel is not for everyone and is not ideal for certain riding conditions (there is no perfect wheel). I'll be fleshing this out in further videos and commentary. But after riding ~120-miles I'm prepared to say in broad strokes, this is the most amazing wheel ever made.

I’m SO happy to hear this :D

And you haven’t had the weird vibrating shown at the start of eco drifts video?

Edited by HippoPig

9 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

Never. 120-miles and it's been behaving perfectly. I obviously can't speak to reliability. I can only talk about my working wheel.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

I want to add, you do realize that they are purposely making the wheel do that by pulling and pushing down at the same time? It's actually not a problem IMO but is instead actually demonstrating it's power.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I want to add, you do realize that they are purposely making the wheel do that by pulling and pushing down at the same time? It's actually not a problem IMO but is instead actually demonstrating it's power.

I did suspect it was intentional - and just made possible due to the ease at which you can apply force on the bars due to the design.

glad to hear no issues - my Russian is more than rusty :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

An Emotional Experience

I just returned from my first extended high-speed ride on the Sherman. 40-miles. About 20-miles into the ride I was seriously feeling emotional from riding the wheel. This was the first time I felt comfortable and at ease cruising at 30-mph. It was an amazing ride. I felt kind of newborn, from an EUC perspective. DO NOT buy this wheel if you don't want to ride fast all the time. And buy the best safety gear that you can afford.

Tomorrow I'll post the high-speed range test (partial) video. The objective was to ride the wheel super hard for 40-miles and see how the battery was drained. Let's just say I was blown away from the performance/efficiency of this wheel.

The wheel is not for everyone and is not ideal for certain riding conditions (there is no perfect wheel). I'll be fleshing this out in further videos and commentary. But after riding ~120-miles I'm prepared to say in broad strokes, this is the most amazing wheel ever made.

You and Ian seem to feel pretty much the same about the ride experience of this wheel.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Will you do a full range test? Ride till it throws you off?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I love how they even copied the name from Gotway:roflmao:

Gotway: Dongguan kebye Intelligent Technology Co.LTD

Veteran: Guangzhou Veteran Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.

-

Looking forward to all your tests with this wheel. Enjoy the ride!

I just ordered mine and their company name is Hongkong LeaperKim Technology Co., Ltd

Edited by Alexutlang
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, but watch my mini-range test video today. I'm worried how long my range test will take :cry2:

:efef77eaf5:

You know how far your 1600Wh wheels took you. The Sherman has double the battery so...;)

-

Interested how it will fare on the rougher offroad trails. You mentioned it not being ideal for certain riding conditions. Looking forward to your videos!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You know how far your 1600Wh wheels took you. The Sherman has double the battery so...;)

@Marty Backe If you go by the 25wh per mile rule, and assuming the capacity is really around 3100wh (per Ecodrift), you're looking at 125 miles or minimum 7 hours?! Maybe that range test is going to take two days?  :confused1: 

The Veteran may have just broken your standard range test.

• Like 2

SWEET! Ordered mine a bit ago, and now you're telling me I can't start bitching? Im gna miss the opportunity to complain, but love the rarity as well. I guess I better dust off some gear and start thinking about wearing it. Thanks for the reviews Marty, I'll be watching as soon as they show up! So odd to hear MARTY say he is enjoying 'speed'. You like that drug marty, theres even better ones out there nowadays :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

@Marty Backe If you go by the 25wh per mile rule, and assuming the capacity is really around 3100wh (per Ecodrift), you're looking at 125 miles or minimum 7 hours?! Maybe that range test is going to take two days?  :confused1: 

The Veteran may have just broken your standard range test.

even 3100Wh is slightly generous, but at 25Wh/m and a rough speed of 25m/h that would be a maximum of 4.96hrs, at 16m/h it would be 7.75h.  So ya, that will be some ride.  Maybe he can measure the distance to 88.8V, and then from 88.8V to done.  That way in the future one might be able to extrapolate better.  It might be hard For Marty to keep his regular average speed on the Sherman, but if he does I see it as being a 2 day event unless he wants to start at 4am so he has time to rest during the trip.