My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

Well it was the aluminum box just under the seat but yes was some kind of interference, I was disappointed seeing how I spent a good half the day making this thing and then having the seat rite where I wanted it and then not having it workout. I wish I knew more about how all these things work, the wheels are so amazing. I have a little over 600 miles on mine so far, I hope it lasts a long time. I’ll be buying a couple more sooner or later as well. 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Well it was the aluminum box just under the seat but yes was some kind of interference, I was disappointed seeing how I spent a good half the day making this thing and then having the seat rite where I wanted it and then not having it workout.

@Jesse I can appreciate your disappointment after putting in All that work to raise the seat to your preferred height.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I recently installed a Sur-ron e-motorcycle seat to my Sherman and it was inspired by a project posted on YouTube created by John Parkinson aka Bay Area FPV - YouTube.

John has now made 3 iterations of his Sur-ron seat install, but of interest to you he had the exact same issue with crazy vibrations and bad feedback when he tried to implement storage boxes into the design.

If you check out All of his Sur-ron seat install videos, you will find the one where he used 2x Otter boxes but unfortunately had to scrap the idea.  I based my install on his latest version, but fabricated my laminated mounts in 2 pieces rather than 1 piece and also created a topic about it here:

I kept my seat mounting height as low as possible, but with enough room to still reach the control panel buttons and as I never really use the trolley handle that was not really that much of a concern for me.

My mounting method could be adapted to increase the height of a Zoom Wheels seat, but as @Planemo wisely stated, you Do Not want to raise your seat TOO high due to severely restricting turning maneuverers.

Hope this will be of some help to you.  

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Thank you:) I’m going to figure out which image host to go with and then I’ll upload some pics and link them. I’ll be in touch;) 

flickr is a good hosting site with the option to upload a limited number of large files for FREE Home | Flickr

• Like 1

I am so glad that I decided to look up and join a forum for the EUC, I am the only one I know who owns one and it’s so refreshing to be in a place where like minded individuals can get together to share these things. I am learning a lot and I will be looking into the above mentioned links and posts, I really appreciate all the help and camaraderie. Thanks again, so much. All of the information- Is helping:) Cheers!

• Like 3