My Sherman Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

Marty Backe

31 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

even 3100Wh is slightly generous, but at 25Wh/m and a rough speed of 25m/h that would be a maximum of 4.96hrs, at 16m/h it would be 7.75h.  So ya, that will be some ride.  Maybe he can measure the distance to 88.8V, and then from 88.8V to done.  That way in the future one might be able to extrapolate better.  It might be hard For Marty to keep his regular average speed on the Sherman, but if he does I see it as being a 2 day event unless he wants to start at 4am so he has time to rest during the trip.

We don't have time for a 2 day event!  He needs to get his retired butt out of bed and get it done in a day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

This is too funny!  It may actually be illegal to use that lighting in the US if you are not the police. I remember some restrictions on blue flashing lights a long while back in the days.

I saw the video of that blue and red flashing light in the front, and I think that's illegal in the US. Only emergency vehicles can have red or blue in the front.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Latest video I see on your channel is your unboxing:confused1:

I'm editing the video now 

16 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

This is too funny!  It may actually be illegal to use that lighting in the US if you are not the police. I remember some restrictions on blue flashing lights a long while back in the days.

Of course an EUC is not classified as a  motor vehicle, but I think Veteran would be wise to remove the blue running lights.

Nah, I'm for having fun :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

It turned @Hsiang into a suicide rider, it's turning you into a normal (by NYC standards) rider now.  That motor isn't even getting started at 30 mph, it keeps going til 45 with no let-up.  Truly an amazing motor mated with the perfect tire (which I wasn't a fan of at first). 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

Chop chop @Marty Backe

I'm off to the beginning of my true full-range test. The high-speed range test will be published at 5pm PST so if you subscribe to my channel you should be able to see it. I'll be back from the first half in about 4-hours :cry2: and add it here.

Some commentary with lots of fast riding and loud road (tire) noise :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Amazing!  The cape in this case was definitely appropriate.  

Can that blue flashing light be something else,, like just straight low-level white, or flashing white for daytime?

That's all you get, unless there's a hidden mode that I don't know about.

• Like 1

@Marty Backe can tell us something about the riding feeling. Does the sherman behave more like a gotway wheel than a kingsong wheel or an inmotion wheel ? Can you compare with another wheel  (KS 18XL or MsuperX or Msuper Pro or perhaps a Monster) ? I'm not sure what I'm asking you is very clear so here an example. I think that riding de Nikola is really something between riding a Msuper X and a Tesla. You feel that you are riding a gotway wheel. First of all you recognize a MsuperX DNA and  from time to time (and even more often) you are surprised to feel a typical Tesla behaviour. Then you realize that you are riding a Nikola :-) I hope that helps you understand what I'm asking for @Marty Backe

• Like 2