null

Torque difference between MSP and 18XL

Anyone could give an impression of the torque difference between the MSP and the 18XL?

There has been a lot of raving about how torkey the MSP is, but the 18XL also got a power bump to 2200W motor with wider magnets a few months back.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, null said:

Anyone could give an impression of the torque difference between the MSP and the 18XL?

There has been a lot of raving about how torkey the MSP is, but the 18XL also got a power bump to 2200W motor with wider magnets a few months back.

I will let you know!   I have about 3000 miles on my 18XL with the 2200W motor. My MSP (2500w) should arrive in a few weeks.  I consider the 18XL the "perfect" wheel.... Curious how the MSP will stack up.  Was planning on using the MSP for more off road stuff and the 18XL more on-road cruising. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

I will let you know!   I have about 3000 miles on my 18XL with the 2200W motor. My MSP (2500w) should arrive in a few weeks.  I consider the 18XL the "perfect" wheel.... Curious how the MSP will stack up.  Was planning on using the MSP for more off road stuff and the 18XL more on-road cruising. 

Thanks, will be great to get an idea of. The 18XL should be a different beast from befores with fw2 and 2200w motor.

edit: thanks for the suggestion @meepmeepmayer but AFAIK @Marty Backe has the 2000W 18XL and barely used it with FW2.0

Edited by null

3 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

Hello, does anyone have a simple method for mesurrong torque on an EUC?

No there isnt. It would require an accurate dyno (and most arent) as well as a jig to mount the wheel in to accurately apply rotational force (lean) in a repeatable and controllable manner.

I have actually thought about doing it myself as I have access to a RotoTest dyno (one of the best in the industry) but one major hurdle is that because it is hub mounted (for accuracy) it prevents the ability to easily mount an euc to it. Possible, but the motor would be have to be sacrificed in order to drill and tap it so it could be bolted to the dyno. And thats even if the motor hub has enough material to do so. A tyre run dyno would be easier but I hate them with a passion in terms of measurement.

4 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

Hello, does anyone have a simple method for mesurrong torque on an EUC?

There were "ancient" dyno tests performed 

https://airwheel.ru/2017/10/27/test-monokoles-na-dinostende/

And the according discussion thread in the russion topic:

https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=40242.288#topmsg

On 5/3/2020 at 6:44 PM, null said:

AFAIK @Marty Backe has the 2000W 18XL and barely used it with FW2.0

It's because Marty prefer wider tire and I have to admit that he's right. Even if both wheels will provide similar torque characteristics, wider tire of MSP will use this torque better that more narrower tire of XL. Actually the only thing I miss in my XL is 3" tire.