MSX 84V 1859Wh VS MSP 100V 1800Wh

Hey guys, if you had to choose between those 2 wheels and you want the most range out of it, is the 100V with the same battery size better for 200usd more? I am just looking for the longest range wheel under 2000 dollars... Or is there any other better range wheel?
Thank u and stay safe!

I know you are posting this on the Gotway forum, but Kingsong is king of range in that price category. If you don't count the Frankenstein versions of Gotway, I think the Gotway Monster is the only one that comes close, or beats Kingsong when it comes to range.

Just now, hwoccurrence said:

I know you are posting this on the Gotway forum, but Kingsong is king of range in that price category. If you don't count the Frankenstein versions of Gotway, I think the Gotway Monster is the only one that comes close, or beats Kingsong when it comes to range.

you think that KS18XL is the best range wheel? I have had it for about 1500km and the range was only about 50km...

I don't know if it's the best, but its still one of the best without any modifications. Big wheels usually gives more range with the same battery and motor. I weigh over 100kg at the moment and when I ride close to tilt back speed I am not getting very good range. When I ride off road in difficult terrain I usually go slow, since this wheel have low torque. Then it just sips battery, and I can ride the whole day. Then my feet wears out much sooner than the battery. Weight and speed makes a huge difference when it comes to range.

1 minute ago, hwoccurrence said:

I don't know if it's the best, but its still one of the best without any modifications. Big wheels usually gives more range with the same battery and motor. I weigh over 100kg at the moment and when I ride close to tilt back speed I am not getting very good range. When I ride off road in difficult terrain I usually go slow, since this wheel have low torque. Then it just sips battery, and I can ride the whole day. Then my feet wears out much sooner than the battery. Weight and speed makes a huge difference when it comes to range.

My riding weight is around 80km and I ride near the limit all the time and never got more than 55km out of the 18XL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

My riding weight is around 80km and I ride near the limit all the time and never got more than 55km out of the 18XL

That seems right to me. If you want more than that, I think you have to go for a modified wheel or the Monster 84v.

Edited by hwoccurrence

1 minute ago, hwoccurrence said:

That seems right to me. If you want more than that, I think you have to go for a modified wheel or the Monster 84v.

I think that Nikola or MSX will go better on range with same weight and speed

3 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

I think that Nikola or MSX will go better on range with same weight and speed

If you have the same motor and same battery; higher voltage=lower range. That is why Kingsong wheels perform that well in range compared to Gotway.

10 minutes ago, hwoccurrence said:

If you have the same motor and same battery; higher voltage=lower range.

I don't believe so. 100V wheels were even reported to be slightly more efficient at high speeds.

11 minutes ago, hwoccurrence said:

That is why Kingsong wheels perform that well in range compared to Gotway.

18(X)L and 16X discharge their batteries further. That's why they get higher range (and of course firmware behavior plays a role). Gotway has 84V wheels too after all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Hey guys, if you had to choose between those 2 wheels and you want the most range out of it, is the 100V with the same battery size better for 200usd more? I am just looking for the longest range wheel under 2000 dollars... Or is there any other better range wheel?
Thank u and stay safe!

if your need is range take the 84v , is a bit more efficient, specially if you ride fast.

3 minutes ago, EMA said:

if your need is range take the 84v , is a bit more efficient, specially if you ride fast.

This is exact oposite of what @meepmeepmayer has just written...

3 minutes ago, EMA said:

So do you think that 1850Wh 84V MSX would get better range than 16x/18XL or the 100V Nikola or MSX would be the best choice for range?

What will be the best range wheel under 1900wh if you do not count Monster?

i saw, there are different opinions about that but....100v has a bit more power, that's why top speed is higher and that's why they need more amp.

beside that, the difference in range is negligeable, right now there's no point to buy an 84v when you have a 100v with the same battery imho;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EMA said:

i saw, there are different opinions about that but....100v has a bit more power, that's why top speed is higher and that's why they need more amp.

beside that, the difference in range is negligeable, right now there's no point to buy an 84v when you have a 100v with the same battery imho;)

There is still that 200 bucks difference tho, if they would get the same range at the same speed, I would get the cheaper one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricqvo said:

There is still that 200 bucks difference tho, if they would get the same range at the same speed, I would get the cheaper one

it's difficult to answer that.

[ do not consider KS wheels becouse they have completely different pourpose, not speed and not performance for sure ]

i think you'll get the best range with 1850Wh 84V MSX, but keep in mind that the difference with the other 100v wheel is not big, imho the nikola should have a bit more becouse of the smaller wheel

27 minutes ago, EMA said:

it's difficult to answer that.

[ do not consider KS wheels becouse they have completely different pourpose, not speed and not performance for sure ]

i think you'll get the best range with 1850Wh 84V MSX, but keep in mind that the difference with the other 100v wheel is not big, imho the nikola should have a bit more becouse of the smaller wheel

If Nikola is smaller wheel than MSX, that means that MSX should get better range, or am I wrong?

My two cents from watching all the Youtube Videos on the MSX 100V is that it eats more juice at higher speeds than the 84V. Output is less overall in the 84V so it seems to make the most sense that it would be more efficient. This is directly taken from experience in listening to Chooch Tech and others. 

I got the 84V because I don't need the extra 4mph and I get really good distance out of my 1600WH wheel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EUC NW said:

My two cents from watching all the Youtube Videos on the MSX 100V is that it eats more juice at higher speeds than the 84V. Output is less overall in the 84V so it seems to make the most sense that it would be more efficient. This is directly taken from experience in listening to Chooch Tech and others. 

I got the 84V because I don't need the extra 4mph and I get really good distance out of my 1600WH wheel. 

This is the comment I was waiting for, thank u! I watched just all the range tests and review from all the EUCtubers and I cannot decide.
Could u tell me more about your experiences with your MSX? Thank u!

3 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

If Nikola is smaller wheel than MSX, that means that MSX should get better range, or am I wrong?

usually smaller wheel require less effort from the motor , but once again difference is small

USTRIDE also notice 100v MSP a bit more hungry than 84v 1600wh, that's what i notice with my wheels too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricqvo said:

If you ride near the limit all the time, safety should be a key factor and in that regard 100V will be safer from cut-offs than 84V

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Just compare battery sizes, especially if it's just between Gotway wheels:

Nikola 84V or MSX 84V - 1600Wh (1531.8Wh in real).

Nikola 100V, MSX 100V, MSP - 1800Wh (1776Wh)

Nikola 100V, MSX 100V - 1845Wh/1860Wh (1838.2Wh)

MSX 84V 1859Wh (1787.1Wh)

That should be 95% of how it really is.

-

Do you have to be below $2000? There's the Nikola 2100Wh 84V for example... about the same price as the 1800Wh, and naturally you'll have more range then.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
Wh missing
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just compare battery sizes, especially if it's just between Gotway wheels:

Nikola 84V or MSX 84V - 1600Wh (1531.8Wh in real).

Nikola 100V, MSX 100V, MSP - 1800Wh (1776Wh)

Nikola 100V, MSX 100V - 1845Wh/1860Wh (1838.2Wh)

MSX 84V 1859Wh (1787.1Wh)

That should be 95% of how it really is.

-

Do you have to be below $2000? There's the Nikola 2100 84V for example... about the same price as the 1800Wh, and naturally you'll have more range then.

2000usd is the top limit for me, for more I would go for 2200wh MS I guess