MSX 84V 1859Wh VS MSP 100V 1800Wh

I noticed that @Flyboy10 has replaced the tire to a H-666 that has a slightly larger outer diameter. That could explain atleast a part of the difference between EUCW and GPS distances. Anyway, @Marty Backe got 61 miles at similiar steady speeds on the MSP.

Has Flyboy made a similiar test on the 84V MSX?

I haven’t been able to compare my 84V 1600Wh MSX to any 100V wheels, but every time we ride with our group, the 18XL riders have lots of battery left when I’m getting the final tilt-back. I do weigh more than they do, but the difference in range is maybe twice our difference in weight. Which is to be expected.

At the end of the day, if you’re getting a Gotway, a Wh is a Wh. I don’t think there will be huge differences between different voltages or even tire sizes. But there will be huge differences depending on how you ride.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I noticed that @Flyboy10 has replaced the tire to a H-666 that has a slightly larger outer diameter. That could explain atleast a part of the difference between EUCW and GPS distances. Anyway, @Marty Backe got 61 miles at similiar steady speeds on the MSP.

I haven’t been able to compare my 84V 1600Wh MSX to any 100V wheels, but every time we ride with our group, the 18XL riders have lots of battery left when I’m getting the final tilt-back. I do weigh more than they do, but the difference in range is maybe twice our difference in weight.

Ive had an 18XL for more than 1500km and I have never achieved more than 50km while riding 25-30mph all the time

15 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No, there is only one 84v MSX in San Diego and I haven't seen it in a year. I just did a top speed range test today on the 100v MSX. I got 25 miles with 10% battery left. I started at 100.8v I maintained 40+ mph for 5 miles without stopping. The clear roads help make that possible. The other 20 miles was north of 33 mph.

Video will be posted in a couple days. It will be boring though. All I could do was chest mount my GoPro and leave it running the whole time. Thinking I'd talk over it while it was sped up. Any ideas what I could talk about?

Tried to ride beeps the whole time. I was going 35 mph at 15% battery when stopped! What happens with Gotways when they are at low battery and you go fast? Does it tiltback or cutoff?

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

No, there is only one 84v MSX in San Diego and I haven't seen it in a year. I just did a top speed range test today on the 100v MSX. I got 25 miles with 10% battery left. I started at 100.8v I maintained 40+ mph for 5 miles without stopping. The clear roads help make that possible. Video will be posted in a couple days. It will be boring though. All I could do was chest mount my GoPro and leave it running the whole time. Thinking I'd talk over it while it was sped up. Any ideas what I could talk about?

Tried to ride beeps the whole time. I was going 35 mph at 15% battery when stopped! What happens with Gotways when they are at low battery and you go fast? Does it tiltback or cutoff?

That sounds similar to my exwheel 18XL... When I rode 29mph for 8-10 miles, the baterry went almost to 50%...

11 hours ago, ricqvo said:

you think that KS18XL is the best range wheel? I have had it for about 1500km and the range was only about 50km...

50 km? wtf i get 60 km EASY from my 16S and 100 km from my 18XL... it is a fact, not a point of discussion whether KS gets better range... 1600 wh gotway will be 0% at 3.3V per cell... thats from 4.2V full charge.. thats .9V to play with x 20 in series is 18V for from "full" to "empty".. kingsong however will allow the batteries to drain to 3V per cell down from 4.2 which is 1.2V per cell x 20 is 24V from "full" to "empty" therefore the KS wheel gives you 24/18 = 1.33x the range of GW.. that is just a fact that the same rider, in the same conditions, going the same speed will get 33% farther on a charge on a KS wheel.. your range is atrocious for an XL and unless you weigh 400 lbs and ride only uphill i would say there might be something wrong... it sounds like you only had one battery connected lol O.o if its just your ride style and terrain you would be very disappointed with the range of a GW wheel lol

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Any ideas what I could talk about?

Tell us how you like the tire! ;) (I didn’t watch through the last one so I don’t know if you already did... :facepalm:)

18 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

What happens with Gotways when they are at low battery and you go fast? Does it tiltback or cutoff?

Tilt-back when the battery meter reaches 0%. As you slow down, the battery will recover a bit, and the tilt-back will go away. The behaviour is really that simple: Battery at or below 0%? Tilt-back.

But man, what a test, riding the beeps the whole way! I wouldn’t have the guts...

18 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

50 km? wtf i get 60 km EASY from my 16S and 100 km from my 18XL... it is a fact, not a point of discussion whether KS gets better range... 1600 wh gotway will be 0% at 3.3V per cell... thats from 4.2V full charge.. thats .9V to play with x 20 in series is 18V for from "full" to "empty".. kingsong however will allow the batteries to drain to 3V per cell down from 4.2 which is 1.2V per cell x 20 is 24V from "full" to "empty" therefore the KS wheel gives you 24/18 = 1.33x the range of GW.. that is just a fact that the same rider, in the same conditions, going the same speed will get 33% farther on a charge on a KS wheel.. your range is atrocious for an XL and unless you weigh 400 lbs and ride only uphill i would say there might be something wrong... it sounds like you only had one battery connected lol O.o if its just your ride style and terrain you would be very disappointed with the range of a GW wheel lol

@Flyboy10 has just said he tested the 100V 1800Wh MS at top speeds and got 25 miles out of it, so me while riding beeping all the time on KS18XL with my weight around 270lbs riding uphill and downhill combinated, I cannot get 50km+ range.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

@Flyboy10 has just said he tested the 100V 1800Wh MS at top speeds and got 25 miles out of it, so me while riding beeping all the time on KS18XL with my weight around 270lbs riding uphill and downhill combinated, I cannot get 50km+ range.

wow thats pitiful >.> 25 miles is like what i get out of a V8 lmao, yea i can see that then... i guess my 120 lbs and conservative ride style contribute to my relatively astronomical range

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wow thats pitiful >.> 25 miles is like what i get out of a V8 lmao, yea i can see that then... i guess my 120 lbs and conservative ride style contribute to my relatively astronomical range

Yeah, every lbs and every mph really makes difference... Try going max speed on V8 all the time and you will see that you wont be able to do more than about 10-15 miles

55km on 18XL = > on your weight about 122Kg + clothes + backpack.
that's good range for how big you are.

Only a modified version of Monster V3 I recommend
anything else it's just waste of money and time.
https://eucservice.com/en/25-monster

Edited by Meserias

6 minutes ago, Meserias said:

55km on 18XL = > on your weight about 122Kg + clothes + backpack.
that's good range for how big you are.

Only a modified version of Monster V3 I recommend
anything else it's just waste of money and time.
https://eucservice.com/en/25-monster

That Monster is a real Monster... But it is huge, too heavy and does not have a trolley handle... For commuting 5-15km it is better to have a wheel with trolley and lighter weight for stairs etc..

you have to choose between range and trolley......this is life.
you're way too heavy 122KG !!!! that's why Monster it's for you.

don't spend money on kids toys under your foot :)
get a machine that can support your weight

There is no lighter wheel that will offer you expected range on your weight.
no such thing...you have to choose between range and usability (keeping mind that KS18XL it's not for you)....what could go above this ?
Monster V3 with black pedals and 2 lights in front and 10 leds on the back.

Note: On my KS18XL (v2) I easily get over 110km from one charge to another with my 80KG + clothes + light backpack
30-35-38kmh no uphills or downhills

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

i just ordered the monster 2400 wh.. even 100 km range is not enough for me on a nice day haha... i am hoping it will give me 150 good km on a charge and nice to use a proper seat instead of squatting

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Meserias said:

you have to choose between range and trolley......this is life.
you're way too heavy 122KG !!!! that's why Monster it's for you.

don't spend money on kids toys under your foot :)
get a machine that can support your weight

Where did you read I am 122kg lol? :DD I am 75kg, no more than that

21 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Yeah, every lbs and every mph really makes difference... Try going max speed on V8 all the time and you will see that you wont be able to do more than about 10-15 miles

probably, but my 16S will give me 35 miles riding the beeper ;P that thing is the ultimate range king for its size.. it has barely over half the battery capacity of the 18XL but even with 4000 km on my current 16S it still gives me ridiculous range, obviously thats because i naturally ride the XL faster, but still for a city commuter in such a small convenient package i love the 16S

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricqvo said:

Where did you read I am 122kg lol? :DD I am 75kg, no more than that

you said you were 270 lbs rofl... guess you meant 170? at 170 you definitely should be getting better range you must ride that thing hard af

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

probably, but my 16S will give me 35 miles riding the beeper ;P that thing is the ultimate range king for its size.. it has barely over half the battery capacity of the 18XL but even with 4000 km on my current 16S it still gives me ridiculous range, obviously thats because i naturally ride the XL faster, but still for a city commuter in such a small convenient package i love the 16S

I need a bigger tire for my long distance commuting for these shitty road around here lol

Just now, Rywokast said:

you said you were 270 lbs rofl... guess you meant 170? at 170 you definitely should be getting better range you must ride that thing hard af

I ride max speed all the time, I do not throttle softly at all, but neither I break often... Kingsongs are just not made to ride that fast for so long I guess..

59 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

here ? 270lbs means 122kg ....

Edited by Meserias

2 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

I need a bigger tire for my long distance commuting for these shitty road around here lol

the MSX tire is a good deal beefier than the 18XL.. the 100V 1800 wh might be good for you then... but you have little time to get it lol its been discontinued

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

oh yes, I see, definitely my fault, of course I ment 170lbs lol :D

Just now, Rywokast said:

the MSX tire is a good deal beefier than the 18XL.. the 100V 1800 wh might be good for you then... but you have little time to get it lol its been discontinued

so it is now 1859Wh 84V  VS  1800Wh 100V  lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

That Monster is a real Monster... But it is huge, too heavy and does not have a trolley handle... For commuting 5-15km it is better to have a wheel with trolley and lighter weight for stairs etc..

well if your commute is only 15 km then a tesla with 2.5" tire might be the best for portability and good speed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricqvo said:

oh yes, I see, definitely my fault, of course I ment 170lbs lol :D

so it is now 1859Wh 84V  VS  1800Wh 100V  lol

well out of those two i would definitely choose the 100V... not interested in the MSP?

Gotway Speed Table.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

well if your commute is only 15 km then a tesla with 2.5" tire might be the best for portability and good speed

I commute 2x15km a day + some for fun riding every day... So it makes usually around 50km a day...