How it started, and where it is taking me ...

Scottie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope that tire can double as tubeless tire too. Not all have that option. 

If it doesn't hold out I guess you have some explaining to do to the wife. 

Wife: how on earth er did that green sticky stuff on the walls cealing and furniture?

Wife: and why do you have that bump on your head?🤕

Husband: ehh well these new movies are so immersive these days. That new Ghost buster movie is just amazing. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Can place two fingers onto the screen of a phone, then slide them apart to make pictures/text/screen display etc to be bigger/magnified to whatever size desired.

Lift off the two fingers.  

Can then use one finger to slide/move the image around to view other parts of the image

Edited by Paul A
Additional info.

9 minutes ago, Paul A said:

place two fingers onto the screen of a phone, then slide them apart to make pictures/text/screen display etc to be bigger/magnified to whatever size desired

evidently this technique is not acceptable in one court of law (US) because who knows what gets added to the picture when you pinch and zoom?

4 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread just for an enjoyable ride, so I thought I’d drop this here.  This thread was inspiring for me last spring when I was starting out on this new adventure. Since then I have logged over 700 miles on my wheels. I didn’t have anything so pressing today that I couldn’t blow it off and go for a ride, so I did. Wasn’t sure which direction to head. Kind of dithered around a bit doing a few errands, and as the sun was getting lower, decided to go to the city park and revisit the bike trails that were built this summer. I parked at the locked gates near the ball fields. Low and behold, the road was freshly paved. I enjoyed that mile of unblemished flatness, did a lap on both trails, and headed back to the Samurai in reverse on that traffic free road by the lake. And then I rode it again in that cold afternoon sun. Quiet. No people. Just a few birds to witness my mindless relaxation. I don’t throw this word around much, but it was perfect.

Well ... all of that made me smile. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:
On 7/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, Paulo Mesquita said:

@ShanesPlanet my dear friend. Since the day I met you in this forum I figured out you're a nihilist. But a granite rock one. So, and with the wisdom of my 61 years I also immediately figured out that no one will ever change you. Some of your ideas are not mine, and sometimes I need to process them as they are hard to swallow, but I fully respect them and I take my Alka Seltzer 😁

One thing that worries me though: with all the seat belt fines... when are you going to start selling your EUCs to pay for them? 😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Take care and keep on hitting strong here at the forum!... and yes you dug yourself into a hole... but I've been in great expectancy that did precisely that. A debate without you, is a lot less fun. And this one needed you in it! Cheers. 

Expand  Expand  

I had to look that one up. I dunno bro, I have a moral compass. I also have a religion. I also think that both of those things are mine and mine alone to view as I see fit. They don't always align with the popular opinion, but it makes sense in my own head. I was thinking maybe more like a narcissist. It does make for good reading when odd opinions arrive.                

I kidnapped this bit of conversation from here. That thread was closed, so I could not continue it there.

I was just surfing some YouTube and ran across a video that repeated a word that I first heard @Paulo Mesquita use! That was such a unique word to me that it tattooed itself on my brain. This video might help clear all this up since it clarifies / defines these words and a few others. I think @ShanesPlanet is right. But I think I might be a nihilist! Lets see ...

I just watched it. I think I am a part-time nihilist.

Edited by Scottie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

I kidnapped this bit of conversation from here. That thread was closed, so I could not continue it there.

I was just surfing some YouTube and ran across a video that repeated a word that I first heard @Paulo Mesquita use! That was such a unique word to me that it tattooed itself on my brain. This video might help clear all this up since it clarifies / defines these words and a few others. I think @ShanesPlanet is right. But I think I might be a nihilist! Lets see ...

I just watched it. I think I am a part-time nihilist.

@Scottie if you want a deep reflection on the subject, read one of the best books I've ever read: Siddhartha, by Hernan Jesse. It is one of my "father" books. And by "Father" I mean one of the rare books that fathered my character and personal ethics through life. You will definitely elect this book to a bedside table "must".

https://www.amazon.com/Siddhartha-Novel-Hermann-Hesse/product-reviews/0553208845

• Like 2

Are we even here? Are we not here? Am I a product of your imagination ... or you of mine? Who knows?

I might have to go for a ride so I can think clearly. :blink1: Whatever I come up with will probably be wrong. It will be fun to try though.

I enjoy the way Lex explores many subjects.

• Like 1