Support EUC World project

Seba

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

So glad you added MC and Visa! Thanks again your excellent service to the EUC community! 

I would like to say big thank you for supporting EUC World! :cheers:

• Like 2

Glad you managed to get dotpay working. 

From what i see it's fast, gone thru the payment gateway like "bam" to the status! Nice!

hey @Seba the Status=OK link goes back to the main page, maybe consider adding a thank you page or something?

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

Glad you managed to get dotpay working. 

From what i see it's fast, gone thru the payment gateway like "bam" to the status! Nice!

Yes, that's one of many pros of switching away from PayPal to DotPay.

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

hey @Seba the Status=OK link goes back to the main page, maybe consider adding a thank you page or something?

This is exactly what I plan to do. Maybe even today it will be working :)

8 hours ago, gr8ps said:

Happy to contribute - even though I'm an iPhone user, maybe one day? 

Thank you :) Actually, development of iOS app depends entirely on community. I receive a lot of requests about iOS version. It those requests will be backed by community supporting this project, I will be able to invest my time in iOS app development. iOS is a completely different beast to Android. This means writing new application from scratch - hundreds of hours of work, not mentioning that everything in Apple world is way more pricey than in Google world. So you've just made one small step to make iOS app happen. I hope others will follow.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rainystateguy said:

I tried several times to send you a few dollars via the method at the beginning of this thread with no luck.  I finally gave up and sent it to you via PayPal.  I sincerely hope that you receive it.  Thanks for everything that you do for our community!

Thank you, I received your donation, Just please PM me with your email or username registered with euc.world, so I can manually add your donation so you won't be bothered by any nags etc. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seba said:

Thank you, I received your donation, Just please PM me with your email or username registered with euc.world, so I can manually add your donation so you won't be bothered by any nags etc. :)

Seba,  I tried sending you a pm, and got this error message: "Seba cannot receive messages"  Seba cannot receive messages.

Anyway to answer your question, my user name is rainystateguy.  

Thanks again

7 hours ago, rainystateguy said:

Seba,  I tried sending you a pm, and got this error message: "Seba cannot receive messages"  Seba cannot receive messages.

Anyway to answer your question, my user name is rainystateguy.  

Thank you, it's because my inbox was full :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Does it make sense to add a "Support EUC World" in-app purchase? Maybe multiple ones for different amounts? More people might see it than this forum or the EUC World website.

That's a great idea!

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 12:59 AM, Seba said:

Thank you :) Actually, development of iOS app depends entirely on community. I receive a lot of requests about iOS version. It those requests will be backed by community supporting this project, I will be able to invest my time in iOS app development. iOS is a completely different beast to Android. This means writing new application from scratch - hundreds of hours of work, not mentioning that everything in Apple world is way more pricey than in Google world. So you've just made one small step to make iOS app happen. I hope others will follow.

I'd pledge 100 USD for a barebones Android-smartwatch app that can connect directly to a wheel (no phone required) and just show current speed, battery level, trip distance, and top-speed-per-trip. I know we exchanged messages about how the majority of EUC World functionality wouldn't be doable on a smartwatch-only app and only this kind of stripped-down functionality might, and it would actually be an alternate all-in-one solution for iPhone users (likely easier to develop than a full iOS app) who could just pick up a cheap android watch and get 99% of the functionality most anyone actually uses anyway.

Edited by AtlasP

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's a great idea!

I don't remember the fee's of google's playstore but still it's an option, maybe on each version update pop-up a message that says something in the lines of 

This is a FREE app supported by the users, etc.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

As you know, a red "Become a premium user" screen pops up occasionally. I sent a donation, but the "Become a premium user" message continues to appear. I got a nice thank you message, so I know the donation was successful. It's not a big problem, since one can use the app without becoming a premium user. But I thought I was a premium user because I donated. Did I not understand the definition of "Premium User" or the correct way to become a "Premium User"?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

@Seba Is there is reference to use EUC World? I am a premium user but brand new to EUC World from the IOS world. I have a dedicated EUC World phone now. 

Is there a help guide of some type. I want a simply explanation of all of the readouts of the display. I can find one. If it does not exist, I will create one . 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:14 AM, MaxLinux said:

As you know, a red "Become a premium user" screen pops up occasionally. I sent a donation, but the "Become a premium user" message continues to appear. I got a nice thank you message, so I know the donation was successful. It's not a big problem, since one can use the app without becoming a premium user. But I thought I was a premium user because I donated. Did I not understand the definition of "Premium User" or the correct way to become a "Premium User"?

Thank you.

You just need to sign in in app (from main menu). Without signing in the app won't know that you are Premium user :)

2 hours ago, macrhino said:

@Seba Is there is reference to use EUC World? I am a premium user but brand new to EUC World from the IOS world. I have a dedicated EUC World phone now. 

Is there a help guide of some type. I want a simply explanation of all of the readouts of the display. I can find one. If it does not exist, I will create one . 

Recently I've created a Youtube channel that will serve as a support for EUC World users (https://www.youtube.com/c/EUCWorld), however there are only two movies as for now. I will add more videos soon, but now my entire time is occupied by coding next EUC World update :) However please search Youtube as there are movies about EUC World created by community members.

• Like 3