EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

On 5/3/2020 at 12:40 AM, Unventor said:

If not I will keep you posted. 😉

Det lyder godt ;)

Og så er der endelig nyt fra mig. Min V10F er endelig ankommet og jeg glæder mig sygt meget til at komme hjem og pakke den ud :clap3:

95821048_829618067564350_2429092129474084864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Re49WtB5AvkAX97AO7I&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=bb47cb4486d4f68b379fb1879ca5c04c&oe=5ED62E57

On 5/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, Seba said:

Samsung app has been already submitted to Galaxy Store in April. Apparently SARS-CoV-2 epidemy and Labour Days are the causes that app review process is delayed:

https://seller.samsungapps.com/notice/getNoticeDetail.as?csNoticeID=0000004872

https://seller.samsungapps.com/notice/getNoticeDetail.as?csNoticeID=0000004950

Unfortunately all we can do is to patiently wait :(

Can we (us future users) push Samsung somehow to prioritize Your app?

I search for it every day, so I guess I help on search stats :-) but maybe there is some more direct contact channel?

Cant wait for this marvelous app :-)

Boogie

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 1:34 PM, JUUL-DK said:

Det lyder godt ;)

Og så er der endelig nyt fra mig. Min V10F er endelig ankommet og jeg glæder mig sygt meget til at komme hjem og pakke den ud :clap3:

95821048_829618067564350_2429092129474084864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Re49WtB5AvkAX97AO7I&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=bb47cb4486d4f68b379fb1879ca5c04c&oe=5ED62E57

Nice, I hope you get this learned fast and have loads of fun. Please can you translate your text into English. As we have a forum rule to post at least in English, but it is okey to use google translate or similar services and leave the original language too. It is only in PM or meetup threads we allow non-English posts. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

Now I have a little update regarding Samsung (Tizen) version that @Seba sent for public approval to Samsung. It seems Samsung had closed several days just as Seba posted this to Samsung.

Yesterday it turns out they have turned it down. I am not 100% sure why as it looks not to be the Tizen version they are unhappy about but something on the phone main app instead. Or at least that is how I understand their hand dentures on a video response. :( I can tell that I have had zero issues with the Tizen version but I have had some or lockup on my phone but I think that was due to opera touch web browser as it kept reopening links on an Amazon page. It had 200+ pages open and since I stopped using it (Opera Touch), I have not had any EUC.WORLD app issues. Like the rest of beta-testers the reports are that it works pretty great.  

But I hope Seba can work out why Samsung is unhappy. When I know more from out beta tester goup I will keep you guys posted on what is going on.  For now you will not find it on Samsung galaxy app store, and there is not other way to sideload this it seems. :efefb6a84e:

• Like 2

According to @Seba there is no way to side load Tizen apps. I have not hear any change beside he would try to resubmit with more explanation to Samsung. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, Seba said:

Thank you :) I have created special movie with detailed information about EUC World, how it work and how to make watch app testing. I hope this will make Samsung review team aware abouit his app specifics and finally we'll get app puiblished.

This could maybe serve as how to use the app walkthough or?

Darn you beat me to it King Seba. 

But I were first to rate the app :w00t2:

• Like 2

@Seba @Unventor so you can confirm that it's available in Galaxy Store?

Once you confirm., I'll announce it to the Spanish EUC community, a lot of people have been waiting for this!

Just to anticipate their questions, is there a Galaxy Store on the watch or are Tizen apps installed from the Galaxy Store on the phone? (Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't own a Tizen) :efef2e0fff:

My current daily-use smartwatch is currently a Huawei GT2... :whistling:  (and a Pebble classic for exclusive use with EUC World!)

• Like 1

In case you don't use a Samsung phone this is the best way I found to link inside Samsung Galaxy app store. 

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=ZYX3aQy8C4

20 minutes ago, Unventor said:

In case you don't use a Samsung phone this is the best way I found to link inside Samsung Galaxy app store. 

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=ZYX3aQy8C4

As it seems by now non samsung android phone users have to be a bit more patient. By now it is only installable via galaxy store (only available on samsung phones) and not via the watch or the galaxy wearable app.

If this is right (i'm an absolute newby for this) it the watch app should be available soon, as it is already aporoved?!

• Like 2

Maybe not only non samsung android users. I have a S8, and the search for "EUC world" in the watch tab draws a blank.

Possibly there is some replication delay across their servers before everyone can get it.

:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

As it seems by now non samsung android phone users have to be a bit more patient. By now it is only installable via galaxy store (only available on samsung phones) and not via the watch or the galaxy wearable app.

Exactly. Samsung phone owners can now use Galaxy Store to install EUC World watch app to their Gear watches. Non-Samsung phone owners have to wait few days more as another review process will finish. Unfortunately, publication of Samsung watch apps is a painful experience :( 

• Like 3

@Seba

First of all many thanks for the brilliant Samsung Tizen App. :thumbup:

One Question. I noticed the following today:
My Galaxy Watch 46mm is set up so that the display automatically turns off and turns on again when I lift my arm to look at the watch.  So far this works with all other apps as well.
Only when the EUC App is on, the display does not switch off by itself after 15 seconds at the latest.
If I have started Komoot at the same time and the next navigation message appears on the watch, then the automatic switch-off of the display works again.
Can I adjust the behaviour somewhere in the EUC App and I am once again just too blind?

Then I would like to know if the function "Button Action" under watch settings for my watch works at all. I only have 2 buttons and none of them react to it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, buell47 said:

First of all many thanks for the brilliant Samsung Tizen App. :thumbup:

Thanks :) It took longer than I expected, but yeah - it finally arrived! While developing it and publishing was a nightmare, finally I'm happy that this app was welcomed by the community with enthusiasm :)

• Like 2