EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

57 minutes ago, BigLexLost said:

I currently rock the Samsung Gear S3. Wasn't sure how to get my vote added?

I don't think it matters that much as long it is a Samsung watch. If I understand it right it is more or less the same...

Except if @Seba review the decision to not make a LTE stand alone version.  As this is different compared to send data to ne view on the watch from the phone. Apparently much much bigger job. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much seba for this update, I can't wait to test it out ! I already gave you a participation through PayPal later last year, I didn't know about the premium status, but I will probably try to get the premium membership later when the tizen app is out ! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Seba said:

You can have all 3 watches paired at the same time? Wow! :blink1: :cheers:

Nice work Seba! Looks like the the Pebble has the fastest refresh rate, followed by WearOS, then Tizen.

2020-04-12-22-59-31-EUC-World-support-fo

My 22€ Pebble was clearly a good investment :efee612b4b:

Have you done and real-world battery life testing for the Ticwatch Pro and the Gear 46mm? 

Looking forward to testing the AVAS! :thumbup:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, travsformation said:

You can have all 3 watches paired at the same time? Wow! :blink1: :cheers:

Nice work Seba! Looks like the the Pebble has the fastest refresh rate, followed by WearOS, then Tizen. My 22€ Pebble was clearly a good investment :efee612b4b:

Have you done and real-world battery life testing for the Ticwatch Pro and the Gear 46mm? 

Looking forward to testing the AVAS! :thumbup:

Have you done and real-world battery life testing for the Ticwatch Pro.

Yes 5 hours 30 min my experience brigitnes 3-5( is maximum). Auto brigitness save you many minutes.

If i go shop rest etc. I "alt tab" eucworld and let watch save batery own way after i resume ride i push ticwatch pro programable buton to reopen eucworld.

I use google pay for my watch. 3-4 hours continuous use no problem at all dont forget i use watch for CURENT alarm to warn me im close to high power consumption 29A this mean watch vibrate often . I use watch like watch ,pay, control BT speaker and Horn.  

In emergency  you can rechearge watch in 10 min 35+% battery(2A powerbank). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Have you done and real-world battery life testing for the Ticwatch Pro.

Yes 5 hours 30 min my experience brigitnes 3-5( is maximum). Auto brigitness save you many minutes.

If i go shop rest etc. I "alt tab" eucworld and let watch save batery own way after i resume ride i push ticwatch pro programable buton to reopen eucworld.

I use google pay for my watch. 3-4 hours continuous use no problem at all dont forget i use watch for CURENT alarm to warn me im close to high power consumption 29A this mean watch vibrate often . I use watch like watch ,pay, control BT speaker and Horn.  

In emergency  you can rechearge watch in 10 min 35+% battery(2A powerbank). 

Thanks! :)

I just like to show a little thing on my arm, but long awaited from several members I am sure. 

Today early beta stage started. With a speed bump that @Seba flew over with a Olympic gymnast tripple spin and double salto and a perfect landing 

latest?cb=20190704112315

So...what I am trying to say....first stage of beta testing are now live.

IMG_20200415_173736_compress33.thumb.jpg.3733b61d962da1323adb7afbf5faadf7.jpg

If time and weather and covid-19 allow it, I will test spind this tomorrow. (Spoiler alert I didn't push post).

So I have had a very busy day today. But in interest of moving the project on I just hard to take a test ride no matter it is a short one only.

You have a tour log on clip description. 

The road I recorded is pretty bad and KS16X love to test your heart rate (BPM) by following the tear in asphalt. 

Recording with only a bike helmet on and both hands busy....I am not sure I want to the the puls line on the light. 

Now this is first step tested. But the almighty @Seba have more comming. We are starting to play with this. It is VERY useful and darn out right hilarious. 

Now I don't dare to say more right now as @Seba will have to kill me. Properly with the video examples comming. Or by creative users here on the community. (Cliff hanger done)

:w00t2::popcorn::clap3:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Well.. that is quite bright!!!??? :-O 

Well what can I say ...

@Seba is a star.

It is on 7/10 if brightness setting on watch. I didn't have much light in hallway for the still picture. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 12:48 AM, Joker10 said:

Just downloaded it will check it out.

Where do I download the tizen app to my watch? Looked in samsung store but cant find it?

Im totally n00b on smart watches but got a galaxy active mostly for EUC world (and sleep tracking + seems like a fun toy :) )

Edit: Found above info in the readme (news) of the EUC World android app, so I am sitting on needles waiting for the Tizen app. :-)

I hope app support will be available also for other tizen watches like the Active? 

New features in 1.4.0 release:
• AVAS
• firmware downgrade in King Song wheels
• Samsung Gear watch support (companion watch app will be available in Galaxy Store at the beginning of May 2020)
• Ukrainian language
• Premium User status information
• other improvements and fixes

Due to changes introduced by new Android OS versions, old custom horn sound settings has been reset (if you had any). Please set up your custom horn sounds again.

Edited by Boogieman

On 4/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, Unventor said:

I just like to show a little thing on my arm, but long awaited from several members I am sure. 

Today early beta stage started. With a speed bump that @Seba flew over with a Olympic gymnast tripple spin and double salto and a perfect landing 

latest?cb=20190704112315

So...what I am trying to say....first stage of beta testing are now live.

IMG_20200415_173736_compress33.thumb.jpg.3733b61d962da1323adb7afbf5faadf7.jpg

If time and weather and covid-19 allow it, I will test spind this tomorrow. (Spoiler alert I didn't push post).

So I have had a very busy day today. But in interest of moving the project on I just hard to take a test ride no matter it is a short one only.

You have a tour log on clip description. 

The road I recorded is pretty bad and KS16X love to test your heart rate (BPM) by following the tear in asphalt. 

Recording with only a bike helmet on and both hands busy....I am not sure I want to the the puls line on the light. 

Now this is first step tested. But the almighty @Seba have more comming. We are starting to play with this. It is VERY useful and darn out right hilarious. 

Now I don't dare to say more right now as @Seba will have to kill me. Properly with the video examples comming. Or by creative users here on the community. (Cliff hanger done)

:w00t2::popcorn::clap3:

That sure looks like a galaxy active 🥰Tap to honk, thats the only function i need to het the tesla "street legal" (world allready has emergency function to make wheel go 20km/h so 😍

So I am guessing its not only "Samsung Gear watch " that will get the app...and sooon beginning of May 🤤

Sign me up for any Beta if needed, Corona is no problem :-D 

Here in Sweden we can roam freely...our gov is kinda crazy (stupid). Nothing closed so far, not even borders 🙈 shops, restaurants, bars. Just keep your distance and wash your hands recommendations. 

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

Yes it is a Galaxy watch active 2 LTE.

We are still waiting for Samsung to approve the public release version.

I am running the last beta test version (Tizen3.0). Full release version is Tizen 2.3+ compatible too. 

I have set it up to tap for light on/off. And double tap for horn (custom sound "self recorded" cycle bell). 

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Yes it is a Galaxy watch active 2 LTE.

We are still waiting for Samsung to approve the public release version.

I am running the last beta test version (Tizen3.0). Full release version is Tizen 2.3+ compatible too. 

I have set it up to tap for light on/off. And double tap for horn (custom sound "self recorded" cycle bell). 

Nice, I only have Active 1.

How do you backload watch apps, like this one (Beta) when not in Sammy watch store? Pretty easy on phone play store to allow non signed apps, but watch apps?

I only have a Tesla, so no choice but the internal BEEP BEEP :) but at least that makes it "street legal" as one credential is sound signalling device, not necessarily on the"bike" (and i dont want a ringer on my knuckles should i fall)

I am part of the translation and beta test team. We are a select hands full of people helping @Seba with practical testing and feedback and bug reporting. We also monitor communities and collect info reported from users and feed this to Seba that does his magic and fix things and build new features. 

Like I wrote earlier we are not waiting for Samsung to give their 👍 and then you can download it for free in Galaxy app store. 

The Google play store phone version 1.4.0 is ready once Samsung are done reviewing the app. 

As for horn and even better AVAS you can use build in function/speakers if the wheel has those. 

Or do a similar setup like mine here. I prefer using a Bose soundlink Micro and a case from Amazon. I hang this on my backpack like you see when I did a rain ride test on Monday. 

I am fairly wet on the outside after the ride.

These are my setup:

Bose soundlink Micro (Example at Amazon)

41LhnhBTfXL._AC_SY400_.jpg

And the case to protect it more and easy and secure hanging on backpack.

Case from Amazon (Amazon basics)

41j5gK8RXvL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The speaker is waterproofing and give out a nice balance of both bass and high tones. It has about 6 hours play time. And it works with Google assistant too (or Siri).

• Like 2

Dear Sebastian, I read the Samsung watch App will be finished until end of April, so I became premium member as it looks very interesting and to support the project. Please give help where and how I can download the app for the Tizen watch. On the Samsung watch store I could not find it.

Thank you, best, Andreas

9 hours ago, Seba said:

Samsung app has been already submitted to Galaxy Store in April. Apparently SARS-CoV-2 epidemy and Labour Days are the causes that app review process is delayed:

I suppose you'll be notified when it is made available, so you can keep us informed here ?

That's to say, no need for us to frantically check the samsung app store 47 times a day :w00t2:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Grumly said:

I suppose you'll be notified when it is made available, so you can keep us informed here ?

That's to say, no need for us to frantically check the samsung app store 47 times a day :w00t2:

If not I will keep you posted. 😉

• Like 3