EUC World support for Samsung watches

Seba

What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What Samsung smartwatch/smartband you use or plan to use?

• Samsung Galaxy Gear
    • Samsung Gear 2
    • Samsung Gear Live
    • Samsung Gear S
    • Samsung Gear S2
    • Samsung Gear S3
    • Samsung Gear Sport
    • Samsung Gear Fit
    • Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

In the watch settings the duration after which the app goes to background and the watchface appears can be set up to one hour.

I have been looking for such an option both in phone "galaxy wearable app" and in watch settings and advanced settings but i couldn't find it.

Any pointers where i can find that setting.... :-)

edit: I went to display settings on the phone (galaxy wearable) and there is a setting called "show last app" - within 20 seconds.

is it that one...hahah in that case that wording is sooo f.ed up (could at least have written "for 20seconds" as within sounds like something....i dunno...never understood that setting) and why on earth not make that setting APP DEPENDENT, Its not like i want to show weather for one hour πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

Ok, Samsung obviously have a few paces to take to get their SW to the status of their phones. I see 1 hour choice here, so i guess i have to live with having the last app i glanced at showing up for an hour....man this will be sick ... I wanna check the time at work...soery last app was media norifications....

jeezus, they could have just written, auto switch to watch (face...app...display) after: xx seconds.

@SebaΒ Can You "hack your way around this" (stupid setting) from Sammy? Like sending a "wake-up" to the watch app every 19 seconds...there is also a setting 2 minutes so a "wake up" every 1min59sec would also do the trick I guess πŸ‘ŠΒ 

We know You are the man to get things done, if Sammy hired You I would probably stay at them forever (based on your app quality), but next phone will probably be a Nokia...kinda fed up with forced apps and useless functions that i cant turn off that makes the phone sluggish after 1-1.5years of usage. Of course they wanna make money, but why do it the "Apple way" (cpu slow down vs Sammy so much crap You need next gen to run it and damn You if You dont choose sammy keyboard ..then you will have to wait 15 seconds to enter a bloody password every morning...for a security reason i cant understand...suddenly thumb is less secure than hackable PASS πŸ˜‚ thats an apple invention and they copied it...worst mistake EVER)

@jimjam.nyc I dont have the galaxy watch extra button. I have samsung pay on the top button (long press) and sucky bixby on bottom one (watch typing is 1980s revival πŸ˜„ so i neede SOMETHING and haven't had the time to fiddle with the google assistant workaround). Well I guess bixby will have to make way for EUC world, rarely voice type anyway + i can uninstall bixby-sucker and save me some juice. Hmmm maybe bixby can open euc world by voice? My samsung gear actually works excellent as headset when riding and talking to GF...she can hardly hear wind noise even when rolling fast but can hear my nice... even with just one plug inserted for safety soni can hear traffic and ....birds lol

Screenshot_20200623-180723_Watch Active Plugin.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 7:23 AM, Seba said:

Good news -Β EUC World companion application for Samsung Gear watches should be now available also onΒ non-Samsung phones :thumbup:Β Now I'll try to make it compatible with Tizen 2.3+ watches like Gear S2. Keep fingers crossed! ;)Β 

Any updatesΒ on this being available for 2.3?Β  I am desperate to try this out on my Gear S2!!Β  Β Thanks for all the work on this.Β  It looks fantastic!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have gear s3 connected to xiaomi mi9t. Watches endlessly displays "waiting for euc world app.." when the app is started and watches enabled.Β 

Should non Samsung phones work with Samsung watches in terms of euc app?Β 

8 hours ago, tosiksh said:

I have gear s3 connected to xiaomi mi9t. Watches endlessly displays "waiting for euc world app.." when the app is started and watches enabled.Β 

Should non Samsung phones work with Samsung watches in terms of euc app?Β 

Update your watch firmware to the latest one. Most probably you have older Tizen 3.x version running on your watch that is not supported by EUC World.

7 hours ago, Seba said:

Update your watch firmware to the latest one. Most probably you have older Tizen 3.x version running on your watch that is not supported by EUC World.

Updated right before installing euc world. Have 4.x firmware.Β 

I also have MiFit application and Amazfit Bip linked to it - could that be a root cause?Β 

What is the logic of watch connection - coz I don't see any way to explicitly point out to which watch try to connect?

Β 

P.S.

Tried to switch off Bip watch, reset Gear S3 and link them from scratch, install companion app -Β Β it didn't help, still getting same message...

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, Seba said:

Fortunately, just reinstall euc on the phone and the issue has gone. Thx Seba for doing great job, applied for premium user, therefore no beer on me ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tosiksh said:

Fortunately, just reinstall euc on the phone and the issue has gone. Thx Seba for doing great job, applied for premium user, therefore no beer on me ;)

Thanks and I'm happy that you resolved the problem. While Samsung watches are great, sometimes they are problematic.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, Seba said:

Π₯ΠΎΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ΅ новости - ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΠ»ΠΎΠΆΠ΅Π½ΠΈΠ΅-компаньон EUC World для часов Samsung Gear Ρ‚Π΅ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€ΡŒ доступно ΠΈ Π½Π° Ρ‚Π΅Π»Π΅Ρ„ΠΎΠ½Π°Ρ… сторонних ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠΈΠ·Π²ΠΎΠ΄ΠΈΡ‚Π΅Π»Π΅ΠΉ. : ΠΏΠ°Π»Π΅Ρ† Π²Π²Π΅Ρ€Ρ…:Β Π’Π΅ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€ΡŒ я ΠΏΠΎΡΡ‚Π°Ρ€Π°ΡŽΡΡŒ ΡΠ΄Π΅Π»Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ Π΅Π³ΠΎ совмСстимым с часами Tizen 2.3+, Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΈΠΌΠΈ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Gear S2. Π”Π΅Ρ€ΠΆΠ°Ρ‚ΡŒ ΠΏΠ°Π»ΡŒΡ†Ρ‹ скрСщСнными!;)Β 

Π£ вас ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡƒΡ‡ΠΈΠ»ΠΎΡΡŒ? Мой S2 Π²ΠΎΠΎΠ±Ρ‰Π΅ Π½Π΅ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅Ρ‚ ΠΏΠΎΠ΄ΠΊΠ»ΡŽΡ‡ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒΡΡ ΠΊ Ρ‚Π΅Π»Π΅Ρ„ΠΎΠ½Ρƒ (Samsung Note 9). Если Π΄Π°, Ρ‚ΠΎ Π² Ρ‡Π΅ΠΌ ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅Ρ‚ Π±Ρ‹Ρ‚ΡŒ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±Π»Π΅ΠΌΠ°?

Please post in English on this forum.

Google Translate:

Did you succeed? My S2 can't connect to my phone at all (Samsung Note 9). If so, what could be the problem?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Phenom said:

Hello,

Hope this message finds your safe and well.Β  Checking to see if anyone had luck running this on a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3?Β  Using Samsung Z Fold 2 as my phone.

Thank You,

If you had it on an older samsung watch already, you can go to my apps in the galaxy store under the watch category and reinstall. It should work. That is how I got mine to install on my watch 3

If it's a new install completely I think we have to wait for seba to update the app compatibility for watch 3. The application seems to just not list as available for watch 3. But seems to work fine if you can happen to find a way to install it.

Edited by jimjam.nyc

28 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

If you had it on an older samsung watch already, you can go to my apps in the galaxy store under the watch category and reinstall. It should work. That is how I got mine to install on my watch 3

If it's a new install completely I think we have to wait for seba to update the app compatibility for watch 3. The application seems to just not list as available for watch 3. But seems to work fine if you can happen to find a way to install it.

Ah!Β  Unfortunately this is a new install.Β  Had used my iPhone/DarknessBot previously for my EUC's.Β  Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Ah!Β  Unfortunately this is a new install.Β  Had used my iPhone/DarknessBot previously for my EUC's.Β  Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

No problem! Maybe now that more people are picking up the watch 3 @SebaΒ will update the tizen version so that it shows in the galaxy store for watch 3.Β 

If you know someone who has an older samsung watch they dont use.. you can borrow it just to install that one app.. then it should show in your list apps.. I know that is a stretch.. Not sure if there are emulators out there like they have for wear os.. That would be an option as well just to get the app available in "your apps" section to allow for re-install.Β 

Β 

Β 

13 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

No problem! Maybe now that more people are picking up the watch 3 @SebaΒ will update the tizen version so that it shows in the galaxy store for watch 3.Β 

If you know someone who has an older samsung watch they dont use.. you can borrow it just to install that one app.. then it should show in your list apps.. I know that is a stretch.. Not sure if there are emulators out there like they have for wear os.. That would be an option as well just to get the app available in "your apps" section to allow for re-install.Β 

Β 

Β 

Interesting.Β  Funny enough, over the weekendΒ found my old Galaxy Gear S2 in my tech/junk drawer.Β  I'll dig up the charger which I hopefully still have and will try that.Β  Thanks again!

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm in big troubles.

Never had a smartwatch before. Just bought today a Galaxy Watch 3 to pair with EUCWorld app.

I'm a sort of a monk with no recent smartphone so I've successfully installed EUCWorld Android app on my Huawei M5 mediapad.

I've installed Samsung Wear app .... no way to see the watch

I tried adding Samsung Services plugin .... no way to see the watch

I tried adding Galaxy watch 3 plugin .... no way to see the watch

I tried everything ..... rebooting like a crazy watch and tablet in all the possible combinations .... nothing

Please I've alreday spent a lot of money .... don't tell me that I've to buy a smartphone .....!!

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:20 AM, Chriull said:

Sorry, it's a "?companion?" app and not for use on the watch alone :(

Β 

Β 

Hi Chriull, thanks for your answer ....

In the end ... the problem was that my Huawei tablet is not compatible with the Galaxy Wear app.

So I bought a Samsung Galaxy A12 ... everything works fine but ... one thing ...

When I set the shortcut/gestures to use on the watch ....

the PRESS BUTTON doesn't workΒ  according to my setting in EUCWorld app ...

all the others (single tap, double tap, tap and hold) ... they work correctly ...

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks a lot

Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, yos said:

the PRESS BUTTON doesn't workΒ  according to my setting in EUCWorld app ...

Don't remember if buttons can be used for user defined actions with the galaxy?

If so one imo has to "release" them somewhere in the galaxy app.

• Like 1

Watch settings are common for all compatible watches, but not every watch supports all the options available there. For example, touchscreen-related features are not available in Pebble watches. In case of Samsung Tizen, hardware button is not supported.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

just got a samsung watch 4, it doesn't seem to work with euc world. i guess because its running wear os 3?

Also just bought the Watch 4 assuming it would work 😭 

Is there any hope on the horizon?Β tricks? Hacks? Sideloads?Β or will I be using WearWheel for a while?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I'm fighting with Google for their f**ked, new app distribution model. Sorry, but their response time is "2 working days", so every issue takes time to resolve. For now I'm stuck at resubmitting EUC World watch app update (update is rejected without any details) and waiting for Google team to respond.Β 

It gives me hope to know you're working onΒ it. Thanks for all you do, it's greatly appreciated.

• Like 1